The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

14 minutes ago, Since88 said:

Actually to have a Tiny terror (or such) in the chill space of the studio isn't weird at all.. 

if you have a full set up in the next room, why would you bother? I'd have it at home, when I can't get at a full set up to work on ideas. I have a tiny terror, they're great for a quick idea if nothing else is available, but there's no way you'd mess about on that if you have a full set up readily available within a few seconds. 

32 minutes ago, Kay said:

if you have a full set up in the next room, why would you bother? I'd have it at home, when I can't get at a full set up to work on ideas. I have a tiny terror, they're great for a quick idea if nothing else is available, but there's no way you'd mess about on that if you have a full set up readily available within a few seconds. 

Agree to disagree then

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I agree with @Since88, I've been in studios that have mini-amps set up in "hangout" spots before. It's easier when you wanna just noodle around with ideas while you're chilling, or while someone else is tracking their parts, seems to make sense to me.

Which makes sense, except Tom's usual noodling is acoustic.

Idk, to me it makes more sense in a home set up then a studio set up, I've not seen practise amps in the chill out spaces of the studios I've been in - and we have no evidence that that's a studio and not his home.

18 hours ago, AVAblink said:

Also, Mark has had his off for quite some time now - and I remember Tom took his off somewhere between 08-11 I forget when but theres quite a few pictures from back then that used to be on social media and in the studio/tour where he was not wearing a ring.

distant relatives by marriage don't know this kind of weird shit about each other. you're a totally obsessed fan and most likely completely insane. if anything, you've convinced yourself that you know him and have some kind of relationship with him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Which makes sense, except Tom's usual noodling is acoustic.

Idk, to me it makes more sense in a home set up then a studio set up, I've not seen practise amps in the chill out spaces of the studios I've been in - and we have no evidence that that's a studio and not his home.

It doesn't look like a studio either

19 hours ago, Whales said:

This stuff is hilarious because if you think you can come in here with absolutely zero proof of being related to Tom or something similar and claim you are, you're stupid. You're going to get ripped apart and make a fool of yourself. Responding with things like "Well, I am and I'll get pictures in a few months" is also stupid. You're doing yourself no favors and you quickly become even less believable.

Well now wait a minute...What about having "all the proof" of Tom having affairs yet never showing pictures/videos??? Yet - It's a fact to him? Seems a bit double standard-y yeah?

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

distant relatives by marriage don't know this kind of weird shit about each other. you're a totally obsessed fan and most likely completely insane. if anything, you've convinced yourself that you know him and have some kind of relationship with him.

More armchair Psychologists here.. 

3 minutes ago, AVAblink said:

Well now wait a minute...What about having "all the proof" of Tom having affairs yet never showing pictures/videos??? Yet - It's a fact to him? Seems a bit double standard-y yeah?

Famous and wealthy people are much more likely to have affairs. Couple this with Tom's overall attitude and personality, along with his crazy fan girls, as well as all of the photographs with sexual underlinings (Tom holding a girl by her waist and her holding his face while making intense eye contact)....it's not an unreasonable assumption to make.

As opposed to "I'm related to Tom!!" - with no evidence or support to back it up.

Pretty easy to distinguish the two scenarios. 

On 6/28/2018 at 6:42 AM, Ry-Bread said:

I'll get it for half the price on Amazon when it comes out, they still haven't sold out of their "super limited 250 advance copies". 2nd book in a row they haven't sold out of those. (They got too greedy IMO, there used to only be 100). Chasing Shadows was very good, but I give all that credit to author A.J. Hartley, and zero to any of the stuff being halfway true.

Almost done with A Fire Within. So far it's alright- not a fan of the Timika and Morat characters, or any of them for that matter with the exception of Alan, but I get it, they're trying to present facts by weaving them into a suspenseful plot, etc. The series has gone from "somewhat believable" fiction to straight-up Harry Potter "no way this is real" fiction. Would be cool to see all of the shit described in the books for real, but until then, I'll maintain cautious optimism and healthy skepticism. 

• Like 1