The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

You use to play it with the Blink reunion too. I was screaming, yeah, this is a fucked up situation, Tom's heart is not in it at all. Meanwhile Ghent is talking about how things take time, and 300 other people are telling me I am wrong....

Then Mark and Travis give "the interview" and it sounds exactly like what I'd been saying for the better part of 3 years.

You’ve been riding that one time you were right for a while claiming it means you’re right about everything and either ignoring or trying to brush away the many times you were wrong. 

Your ex used you for money so in your eyes women are just money hungry gold diggers. You’re projecting.

The cheating thing is bullshit too. You have a slight obsession with Tom DeLonge. Years ago it was as a positive figure but it’s turned into viewing him in quite a negative way which skews your view of what you think happened to make tom look like a bad guy.

• Like 3

I think you call her a gold digger because you think Tom went crazy in 2005 but she stuck with him for another 12 years just for the money, but how can you say that? They always seemed a happy couple to me, maybe they tried to work things out and remember that we probably wouldn't have noticed that they had split up if it wasn't for that poster who showed up one day just to tell us that they weren't wearing a ring and the last pic they took together was last November. 

There are so many variables in this and lets face it, none of us have a clue about the dynamics of their relationship/the issues they may have experienced over the years.

Once again, you can't use the no evidence card constantly in other threads and then expect people to take your opinion as fact in another.

I have no idea how anyone could possibly call what happened between them accurately, relationships are fucking complicated. I had two friends who broke up recently that seemed perfectly happy together, turns out they were not. We don't know shit about Tom and Jenn Delonges relationship/life. 

• Like 2

I think we all have only surface knowledge and we should keep it at that. Maybe they are taking a break, maybe they're separating, really isn't our business until they announce something. I don't mind speculation, but please be respectful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

I think we all have only surface knowledge and we should keep it at that. Maybe they are taking a break, maybe they're separating, really isn't our business until they announce something. I don't mind speculation, but please be respectful.

That's what I think, none of us can be sure. Yet Oliver seems so certain that's for the gold digger reason, bizarre.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:15 AM, tom18222 said:

hard evidence?? trump gets shit thrown at him in the media all day long, with no proof, and nothing will stick. so they keep finding more and more just trying to get him out. it's pitiful.

Please name one example of "shit thrown at Trump" that has no evidence from a credible news source.

You can answer in the Trump thread as to not clutter up this one.

Yeah if Jen was truly a gold digger, why would she leave him now? He still has money, it's just a matter of how much. I would guess still more than any of us will see in our lifetime. 

I'll just lay out some facts that would run counter to this:

-Tom has obviously been part of a hugely successful band, a band that had platinum records when people still bought music, and was consistently selling out big arenas up until he quit. I imagine he still made a decent amount off of Boxcar Racer and AvA as well, although not nearly as much as Blink.

-Tom has owned two different clothing companies - Atticus and Macbeth, as well as Loser Kids. These companies, especially in the late 90s and early 2000s, must have been a huge source of income for him. (I base this on Travis' mentioning Famous was worth something like a few hundred million at one point - I could be wrong with that figure though). 

-We don't know Tom's financial situation at all. We don't know if he hired accountants, investors, venture capitalists, etc. and whatnot to properly manage his money and invest it properly so that he continues to make more. I would assume he did, given he was surrounded by famous and successful people and was probably provided connections just based on his fame and success. 

-I could be wrong, but wasn't Tom or Jen in the real estate market for a while - buying and selling houses? That would indicate that they have more money saved up than what we could imagine. 

-Tom was a huge proponent of nickel-and-diming his fans. Whether it was MOD life, the meet and greet VIP tickets at Blink shows, etc. - it's obvious money was a huge factor for him with Blink. 

8 minutes ago, knapton said:

I think people sleep on the clothing stuff too much. They were poster boys for Hurley back in the day not to mention loserkids atticus and macbeth. Im betting they made way more than we think with that shit. 

It just depends on whether they sold Atticus/Loser Kids at the right time, when it was still valued highly, or if they waited too long. They likely still made tens of millions off of those clothing companies, maybe more. 

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Are any of them still involved in clothing at all? Aside from shitty blink merch...

Yeah Famous/HMNIM/TTS, even Skiba has his own MS brand. But keep in mind, Tom’s entire TTS business is essentially cheesy clothing made to order with high profit margins and they still lost ~500k last year... 

Oh damn I haven't heard of HMNIM in ages. Didn't know that was still a thing.

I did know about TTS but I guess I don't consider that a clothing company, even though it totally is (partially at least).

Wasn't sure if Travis was still connected to Famous or not. I guess they all still have their own clothing things! Even the new guy!