The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

32 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

I just rewatched some of that Pursuit of Tone doc, how cringey is the 'nursery rhymes' revisionist shit he keeps spewing.  Like yeah that's exactly what you guys were going for... I call bullshit

So lame, I hate that he kept trying to rewrite history like that. 

8 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

So lame, I hate that he kept trying to rewrite history like that. 

"I met this girl, she said her brother plays the bass, next thing you know the music just worked with my simple yet intricate guitar riffs, the idea was to write nursery rhymes, but nursery rhymes on steroids.."

Stfu Tom.

yeah, i've always suspected the "nursery rhymes on steroids" thing was something he retroactively created. he was just trying to write music like the descendents, nothing more, nothing less. he's not really the innovator he'd like to be seen as. what he is is a very solid pop punk guitarist and songwriter. that's it

1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

I just rewatched some of that Pursuit of Tone doc, how cringey is the 'nursery rhymes' revisionist shit he keeps spewing.  Like yeah that's exactly what you guys were going for... I call bullshit

What were they going for then?

I could see him playing a few "exclusive" shows where you have to buy a bundle of merch or purchase a meet and greet with the ticket or something lame. No way he goes on tour or does anything genuine imo. Will be whatever is the least amount of work and highest cash potential.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, boxelder said:

yeah, i've always suspected the "nursery rhymes on steroids" thing was something he retroactively created. he was just trying to write music like the descendents, nothing more, nothing less. he's not really the innovator he'd like to be seen as. what he is is a very solid pop punk guitarist and songwriter. that's it

I sightly disagree with this though. Blink was definitely innovative for Pop Punk, nothing else sounded like them before or since once they linked up with Finn.

Tom isn't Elon Musk like he thinks, but his song writing is pretty damn unique, at least imo

• Like 1

I don't really mind him retroactively explaining it because I wasn't there and I don't know what he was thinking. Looking back and thinking, "Wow, it really was like I subconsciously had this in mind," isn't the worst thing in the world. Plus it comes with his ego and personality, good or bad haha

11 minutes ago, Whales said:

I don't really mind him retroactively explaining it because I wasn't there and I don't know what he was thinking. Looking back and thinking, "Wow, it really was like I subconsciously had this in mind," isn't the worst thing in the world. Plus it comes with his ego and personality, good or bad haha

That'd be fine if he seemed genuine, and not like he's trying to down play blink as this cute little side project of his, again.

• Like 1