The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I just don't think AVA could play shows in anything beyond a club. His only chance is hyping up a few 'exclusive one chance only' shows in southern california.

Any US tour he would have to settle for 1,000-2,000 seat clubs or be an opening act for someone on a bigger tour. Aint happening.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I just don't think AVA could play shows in anything beyond a club. His only chance is hyping up a few 'exclusive one chance only' shows in southern california.

Any US tour he would have to settle for 1,000-2,000 seat clubs or be an opening act for someone on a bigger tour. Aint happening.

Even during the LOVE era whilst blink were still recording Neighborhoods, I swear AVA struggled to bring in a decent crowd in them kinda places. I remember seeing a youtube video of a stage similar to the Jimmy Kimmel one and you could just see empty space behind the 200-300 people that were there.

Really the more I think about it, if they toured they would have to settle for more like 800 capacity venues. At their height with The Adventure on the radio and releasing a second album I saw them in a 2,000 and a 3,000 capacity venue. No way they could get that kind of interest anymore without a popular song out.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

That'd be fine if he seemed genuine, and not like he's trying to down play blink as this cute little side project of his, again.

Yeah it's different than being humble and self-deprecating like "wow I can't believe what we accomplished with simple melodies and lyrics." Instead it's like he's ashamed and trying to be pretentious to hide it. "Oh Blink? Ha, only dumb little kids liked that band, that's why I had to move on to Important Music, it's embarrassing to play Blink songs because they're all the same and we were just babies singing nursery rhymes with poop in our diapers, what a laugh that little project was"

• Like 1

Definitely should have scrapped AVA after Atom left. If he came up with a new band name with new members it would get him some interest again.....but he would actually have to work then. play shows, record music, pay band mates, etc. So that won't happen

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Really the more I think about it, if they toured they would have to settle for more like 800 capacity venues. At their height with The Adventure on the radio and releasing a second album I saw them in a 2,000 and a 3,000 capacity venue. No way they could get that kind of interest anymore without a popular song out.

Yeah I'm trying to imagine where AVA would play if they came to my city. There's absolutely no way they would play our arena obviously, MAYBE our older rarely-used auditorium venue that holds 1,500, but I could honestly see them getting booked at one of our two newer indie rock clubs that have capacity of like 400 and 700. I just don't think they have any current appeal or name recognition at all to attract much more than that. But I also can't imagine Tom wanting to do a tour of venues that size.

In comparison, the last time Tom would've been here was during the reunion tour in 2009 which sold out the 16,000 capacity outdoor ampitheater. :(

10 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I think seeing Tom in a small ass empty venue would be refreshing from all the stadium tours I've seen blink. The best performance I ever saw Mark and Travis give was that first +44 tour at some small Detroit venue the night before Thanksgiving in 2006. Rad times.

None of them have that hunger anymore, can't blame them but there's no way any of them would go that route again.