The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

49 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

He gets worked up and angry over commenters on his Instagram. Hard to say he doesn't give a toss.

no, he's not seriously angry. he acts like he's a super-sensitive-16-year-old, just to show a mirror to the malicious/provocative commenters.

The TOYPAJ-era look is hilarious, it looks like three man-childs trying to look like badasses while singing songs about how horrible their teachers are and that parents sucks.

"No Mom, i wont put on my big-boy pants! I want to wear all black and look cool, I swear it's not just a phase!"

"For God's sake Mark, you're 29 and married! Stop acting like a 15-year old and grow up!"

"Fuck you mom! You don't get me!"

Granted I thought they looked super-cool when I was 15 so I guess those ridiculous outfits served their purpose in getting an entire generation of rebellious teenagers to buy Atticus and Macbeth and lining the pockets of the owners of said companies.

6 hours ago, Emil said:

The TOYPAJ-era look is hilarious, it looks like three man-childs trying to look like badasses while singing songs about how horrible their teachers are and that parents sucks.

"No Mom, i wont put on my big-boy pants! I want to wear all black and look cool, I swear it's not just a phase!"

"For God's sake Mark, you're 29 and married! Stop acting like a 15-year old and grow up!"

"Fuck you mom! You don't get me!"

Granted I thought they looked super-cool when I was 15 so I guess those ridiculous outfits served their purpose in getting an entire generation of rebellious teenagers to buy Atticus and Macbeth and lining the pockets of the owners of said companies.

vs now where Mark still spikes his hair like an asshole and sings songs about skating at the Target parking lot.

• Like 1

That TOYPAJ look is really bad. Seemed like they were told to dress like that. That's the worst blink era for me pre-hiatus. As a kid, I used to love that album and that era. I do think they kinda forced their look a bit during Enema but it was nowhere near as bad as the TOYPAJ era. They'd still like their normal selves a lot more during Enema.

I think the pictures above for blink's current look are misleading though. They're award shows aren't they? Mark & Skiba hardly ever wear suits outside of that. Mark still dresses almost the same as he did from his +44 days. He's just replaced his long shorts with black jeans that's all. Skiba is just Skiba. Travis is usually the same as he was in the Neighborhoods era.

Skiba's fashion sense is pretty much like Tom on this. Mark is the same as always. Travis is the same as always. Only differences are the sunglasses and Travis' beard. Pretty much the same as the Neighborhoods era in this photo. Skiba dresses completely different all the time though.

c4dcb3e1-blink-182-group-photo.jpeg

I kind of liked the stripped down, black shirt look, but the baggy pants/shorts 90s hangover thing wasn't exactly cool. Even most of the other bands looked cooler than blink in that regard. But most pop punk bands were a bit more immature looking. Skate culture and hip hop still remained prevalent and technically still in style.

BUT this Is what bands in indierock/emo looked like back in 01-ish...

std_0.jpg

Jimmy-Eat-World-Promo.jpg

DK0vKZ5V4AAKWZw.jpg

s-l600.jpg

conor-oberst-desaparecidos-e133512938864

takingbacksunday.jpg

cf4f392a099754228f0c7322c56f8c7564d18537

then there's pop punk. which just aged much worse.

10120_new-found-glory-212856.jpg

Sum41+%25281%2529.jpg

evolution-good-charlotte-2001--large-msg

alien-ant-farm-during-2001-mtv-video-mus

aaapla.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

what did yall dress like in 2001?

I was 13, and dressed like I was in smash mouth probably.

I was 12, and probably dressed the same as I do now, jeans and T shirt - but the T shirt was probably something done and the jeans were probably torn to shreds.