Clar-ke has herpes

The Tom Delonge Meltdown Watch Thread (Meltdown Inactive)

The album should definitely be out within the next year but I can't see the tour happening haha.

• Like 1

I just rewatched some of that Pursuit of Tone doc, how cringey is the 'nursery rhymes' revisionist shit he keeps spewing.  Like yeah that's exactly what you guys were going for... I call bullshit

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

I just rewatched some of that Pursuit of Tone doc, how cringey is the 'nursery rhymes' revisionist shit he keeps spewing.  Like yeah that's exactly what you guys were going for... I call bullshit

So lame, I hate that he kept trying to rewrite history like that. 

8 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

So lame, I hate that he kept trying to rewrite history like that. 

"I met this girl, she said her brother plays the bass, next thing you know the music just worked with my simple yet intricate guitar riffs, the idea was to write nursery rhymes, but nursery rhymes on steroids.."

Stfu Tom.

yeah, i've always suspected the "nursery rhymes on steroids" thing was something he retroactively created. he was just trying to write music like the descendents, nothing more, nothing less. he's not really the innovator he'd like to be seen as. what he is is a very solid pop punk guitarist and songwriter. that's it

1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

What were they going for then?

I could see him playing a few "exclusive" shows where you have to buy a bundle of merch or purchase a meet and greet with the ticket or something lame. No way he goes on tour or does anything genuine imo. Will be whatever is the least amount of work and highest cash potential.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, boxelder said:

yeah, i've always suspected the "nursery rhymes on steroids" thing was something he retroactively created. he was just trying to write music like the descendents, nothing more, nothing less. he's not really the innovator he'd like to be seen as. what he is is a very solid pop punk guitarist and songwriter. that's it

I sightly disagree with this though. Blink was definitely innovative for Pop Punk, nothing else sounded like them before or since once they linked up with Finn.

Tom isn't Elon Musk like he thinks, but his song writing is pretty damn unique, at least imo

• Like 1

I don't really mind him retroactively explaining it because I wasn't there and I don't know what he was thinking. Looking back and thinking, "Wow, it really was like I subconsciously had this in mind," isn't the worst thing in the world. Plus it comes with his ego and personality, good or bad haha

11 minutes ago, Whales said:

I don't really mind him retroactively explaining it because I wasn't there and I don't know what he was thinking. Looking back and thinking, "Wow, it really was like I subconsciously had this in mind," isn't the worst thing in the world. Plus it comes with his ego and personality, good or bad haha

That'd be fine if he seemed genuine, and not like he's trying to down play blink as this cute little side project of his, again.

• Like 1

I just don't think AVA could play shows in anything beyond a club. His only chance is hyping up a few 'exclusive one chance only' shows in southern california.

Any US tour he would have to settle for 1,000-2,000 seat clubs or be an opening act for someone on a bigger tour. Aint happening.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I just don't think AVA could play shows in anything beyond a club. His only chance is hyping up a few 'exclusive one chance only' shows in southern california.

Any US tour he would have to settle for 1,000-2,000 seat clubs or be an opening act for someone on a bigger tour. Aint happening.

Even during the LOVE era whilst blink were still recording Neighborhoods, I swear AVA struggled to bring in a decent crowd in them kinda places. I remember seeing a youtube video of a stage similar to the Jimmy Kimmel one and you could just see empty space behind the 200-300 people that were there.

Really the more I think about it, if they toured they would have to settle for more like 800 capacity venues. At their height with The Adventure on the radio and releasing a second album I saw them in a 2,000 and a 3,000 capacity venue. No way they could get that kind of interest anymore without a popular song out.

• Like 2

If I were Tom I'd just scrap AVA and start a new project all together. Fuck it.

• Like 1