California discussion

boxelder

I will always listen to new blink material and give it a good shake, but I can't say I'm filled with any confidence. that might mean I go in with low expectations and ending up being pleasantly surprised. we'll see. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

This seems unlikely. We already know Hey I'm Sorry isn't very good, so why would other songs that didn't make the original cut be better?

I loved hey I'm sorry aside the 'whoas' intro. So that's my basis. I have a strong feeling this whole bonus thing will be more reserved like hey I'm sorry.

Even if you don't like hey I'm sorry, you have to admit it is a more genuine song than basically all of California. It isn't my favorite song ever, but it feels like a 40 year old Mark Hoppus was writing it. And for that, I love it.  

• Like 3

Honestly I can't imagine these songs being worse than the actual album. But I've been wrong before. To me this is almost as bad as a Tom cash-grab. They are really trying to push this album as a success and this will boost the sales, I guess. Just release an EP i say...but they'd be too butt-hurt with their European promotions/radio interviews promoting 2 releases next year so a deluxe edition of their absolute worst album is what we get instead. Fuck.

14 minutes ago, Kay said:

I will always listen to new blink material and give it a good shake, but I can't say I'm filled with any confidence. that might mean I go in with low expectations and ending up being pleasantly surprised. we'll see. 

Because of a chalk board? 

Or because of California

Early "woah-oh" and "na na" predictions:

Pregnant (punk) - definitely some "na nas", most likely in the chorus since it's a punk song
6/8 (corny jokes) - N/A (joke song(s))
Good Old Days - sounds nostalgic, so a strong contender for some soaring "woah-oh" harmonies
Don't Mean Anything - hmm tough to tell from the title, but Feldy hasn't let us down so far
Hey I'm Sorry - "woah-ohs" 100% confirmed
Wildfire - also a punk-ish title; safe to say we'll get some "na nas" in the verses
Endless Days - another nostalgic banger; guaranteed to have some "na nas"
Bottom of the Ocean - possible lyrical reference to "No, It Isn't" (?) but I'm sure they'll find a way to make some "woahs" work

Overall, California Deluxe scores a 6/7 on the "woah oh na na" meter. These could well change in the coming weeks (especially if we get some clips/lyrics). Would love to hear your own predictions

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, amiller5706 said:

Didnt Travis mention 6/8 in an interview before California was released? Saying it was a heavier song that didnt make the cut.

Whether he did or not, I really hope that heavy song makes the cut. Travis said it was the heaviest song they did, I can't really imagine Blink being heavy, except for Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm stoked for blink182 again....the second time this year.

haven't had that feeling in a few years.

say what you want about cali or how SOOHM is doing on the radio, but THIS blink is a band again, THIS is a blink that actually releases new music...

I'm also stoned right now bacause i have a day off tomorrow, Enema is blasting through my speakers right now. such a good fibe. the songs are so simple but full of great rhythms, catchy hooks, guitar riffs. damn

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

If 6/8 means it's in 6/8 time signature, that will be a first for Blink, right?

pretty sure yes, can't say I've ever noticed them deviate from 4/4. not even 3/4. not that I am particularly knowledgable on the subject, I am boring and stick to 4/4 myself. from a quick google search the most notable example of 6/8 I can see is House Of The Rising Sun. but A. I'm not sure thats accurate and B. it still sounds like 4/4 to me haha

• Like 1