California discussion

boxelder

Yup TOTTM is a banger for sure. It's why I'm hesitant to slam the guys for working with Feldmann or "rushing" the songwriting process, because they have produced some quality songs that I love in this newly adopted writing "process". BTD/Cynical/Left Alone/HISALP/TOTTM, etc. So clearly it can work for me. Yes, they've also written some generic sounding crap IMO, but most albums have a few bad songs... 

On 3/30/2017 at 0:08 PM, Scott. said:

Easily one of the best songs they've done recently. It's so underrated and it's the most blink sounding song we've had from them.

Some people have been saying that California feels like Enema of the State part 3 (TOYPAJ being part 2) but this is literally the only Calfornia song that reminds me of Enema-era blink-182.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed the similarity between "Apple Shampoo" and "Home Is Such a Lonely Place"?

"I hold on tight, but not enough to hold you back" (or something)

"I never wanted to hold you back I just wanted to hold on"

Both lines are making a contrast between "holding back" and "holding on". I don't think he is ripping himself off though, if anything, I think he might be aware of it and referencing his old lyric in a new context. 

On 4/1/2017 at 8:52 PM, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

I swear I must be going mad, but did Blink change a bunch of the lyric videos from Cali?

I remember these differently..

they just updated the thumbnails to promote the deluxe cali. they're still the same bad windows movie maker creations we'll always remember!

Even though I expected it to perform worse than the first two singles (since ballads seem destined to not do much unless you are Adele nowadays), "Home Is Such A Lonely Place" is flopping hard at Alternative. It went for adds this past week and almost no stations added it or are playing it.

I always thought it would reach the top 15 at least and at the moment that seems unlikely. We'll see... They must choose "Sober" next...

• Like 1

On 22/04/2017 at 2:51 PM, fran.182 said:

Even though I expected it to perform worse than the first two singles (since ballads seem destined to not do much unless you are Adele nowadays), "Home Is Such A Lonely Place" is flopping hard at Alternative. It went for adds this past week and almost no stations added it or are playing it.

I always thought it would reach the top 15 at least and at the moment that seems unlikely. We'll see... They must choose "Sober" next...

Finally top 50:

lw TW Artist Title TW lw Move Aud

61 49 BLINK-182 Home Is Such A Lonely Place 156 109 +47 0.417