Mark Hoppus: Matt is an official Memeber

Chewy030

2 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

NICE! Great! I hope this stops the whole "Tom is coming back" stuff. Tom is not coming back.

There's basically no way Tom isn't back in this band in the future. I hope it's as a four piece so he won't have as much leverage. And it will be coming off a successful album where they have a proven formula that works (hopefully).

I mean Travis JUST said in an interview today that he expects to play music with him again.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

And now we can finally have Blink! 

Yes! I am excited.

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

There's basically no way Tom isn't back in this band in the future. I hope it's as a four piece so he won't have as much leverage. And it will be coming off a successful album where they have a proven formula that works (hopefully).

Don't see that happening. It's like taking chemo for 2 years, becoming cancer free, and then letting cancer back in the door.

There is no way that happens.

8 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

NICE! Great! I hope this stops the whole "Tom is coming back" stuff. Tom is not coming back.

Yeah, I don't see any cance for him to come back to the band. There may be legal issues, sure, but he's not gonna ruin this band anymore. And we can celebrate that.

In that interview, Barker is only being political correct. They are not gonna jump on the "hate" wagon. Not even going on the "talk about Tom" forever. They took that decission a year and a half ago. That decision is made.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Yes! I am excited.

Don't see that happening. It's like taking chemo for 2 years, becoming cancer free, and then letting cancer back in the door.

There is no way that happens.

I can see them getting back together for a 20th anniversary Enema of the State tour. 

Right now I don't see them writing or recording unless Matt decides to focus solely on Alkaline Trio or another project. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Yeah, I don't see any cance for him to come back to the band. There may be legal issues, sure, but he's not gonna ruin this band anymore. And we can celebrate that.

In that interview, Barker is only being political correct. They are not gonna jump on the "hate" wagon. Not even going on the "talk about Tom" forever. They took that decission a year and a half ago. That decision is made.

this. especially considering they are now on "good terms" with tom, they want to keep it that way. that doesn't mean they want him back in the band. ten years from now, it might happen when they are completely out of ideas. but i absolutely can not see mark and travis sacrificing this new wave of hype for the shit they spent six years trying to get out of. 

• Like 6