The Five Stages of Blink Acceptance

Ghent

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

Still waiting for Ghent to name ONE person that thinks the way he has portrayed them in this post.

Since88, Clarke, poet Dan, decisions, supervic...the list is long

i'm excited for the album. i'm glad tom's gone. i wasn't at first, but i accepted it pretty quickly. the blink we knew was dead in 2004. and when it tried to come back, it blew it, and was terrible. forget the blink you knew. this is blink now.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Clarke said:

You're claiming that all of these people (plus more) think and behave the way you've portrayed them in your original post. That's disgusting and so far from reality.

@Since88 @Clarke @Poet Danderson @decisions @supervic

You act like I accused these people of child molestation or something. 

Get a grip! I know he's a huge deal in your world, but in the grand scheme of things being called a tombot isn't that big of a deal 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I am honestly unsure if you are joking at this point. I believe out of that list Since88 is the only one who really loves Tom's new projects. Which is fine even if I disagree, but that's beside the point.

I remember before blink with Matt was ever even considered as a real possibility - before Tom was kicked out - someone brought up the idea of Matt replacing Tom and I was so behind it even at that point. And I still I am right now. I think Tom DeLonge is a douchebag for using his band and the fans, but I've told you that enough times without you choosing to comprehend it so whatever.

Dan's entire account is parodying Tom's new artistic endeavors, because he thinks they're fucking dumb, and I know that's right in front of you so I am curious as to why I am even writing this post, why a forum mod is being so inflammatory.

Some things I've said are that the new album art is shit, and that Bored to Death is just an OK song for me. I like both joke songs a whole lot but they are just that - short joke songs. If that opinion, which is not even close to being entirely negative, is unacceptable to you, then you are being nothing but an immature fanboy who is intolerant of others' opinions who differ from your own. And that's pretty sad, but whatever, if you want to be parasitic to discussion on one of, if not the most active fansite for your favorite band, then so be it, I'm tired of giving a shit.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ghent said:

How can I be a Tombot if today's my first time posting in months?

Also my original post today wasn't even praising Tom.

So.. what gives?

Pretty low threshold for Tombot if all you have to do is post one mildly negative comment about Skiba in blink once every 2 months.

1 hour ago, supervic said:

Actually I'm on here almost everyday, just don't post.

Interestingly enough, your post count has also been diminished. My theory is Niku comes on here and deletes our posts out of spite, since we were part of the reason why he lost his admin status. Weird guy. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Interestingly enough, your post count has also been diminished. My theory is Niku comes on here and deletes our posts out of spite, since we were part of the reason why he lost his admin status. Weird guy. 

lol he isnt an admin anymore

I don't regard the band as blink with Skiba, but I'm happy that the legacy will continue and Mark and Travis have full control of it. Tom is a shite person but to me he is a major player in what made blink 'blink'. All I see now is dude's making sure their legacy isn't tarnished, can continue to have a successful career, as well as having the ability to make new music while still able to play what made them popular to the masses - even if it is just a glorified cover-band (or extension of +44 if you will). 

10 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

I don't regard the band as blink with Skiba, but I'm happy that the legacy will continue and Mark and Travis have full control of it. Tom is a shite person but to me he is a major player in what made blink 'blink'. All I see now is dude's making sure their legacy isn't tarnished, can continue to have a successful career, as well as having the ability to make new music while still able to play what made them popular to the masses - even if it is just a glorified cover-band (or extension of +44 if you will). 

But it is Blink. And Tom was just as much a major player in helping the band grow as he was playing culprit to nearly tarnishing their legacy. He's acting 'concerned' now about making sure their legacy is okay? Give me a fucking break lol. 

And It's not a glorified cover band, or an extension of +44. It is blink-182. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

You're claiming that all of these people (plus more) think and behave the way you've portrayed them in your original post. That's disgusting and so far from reality.

@Since88 @Clarke @Poet Danderson @decisions @supervic

Disgusting?  Really?  Even if what Ghent portrays in the first post isn't a description of these people, by no means would I consider that disgusting.  Like I said, get over it dude, you're the one making these little things out into way bigger things than they really are.

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

I'd just like to point out that I was the first person to call out Ghent for this kind of behavior.

Lighten up.  Seriously.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I've already pointed out that this isn't what I was referring to as being "disgusting". The fact that Ghent has come out and preached that certain specific people on these boards actually think this way is what I'm calling disgusting.

Don't tell me or anybody to get over this or that I'm making it bigger than it really is, when Ghent dedicated an entire thread in an attempt to shit on people in this community for things they aren't doing. It's not going to happen.

Actually, see that's where your problem is happening here.  It is going to happen, and its going to continue to happen.  You can fight it tooth and nail if you want, with every post that Ghent makes finding an incessant need to counter every little thing he says, only making yourself look exactly like the people Ghent is complaining about in the process.  The more you fight every little thing he says, the more it seems like you fit exactly what he's talking about; like a murderer constantly questioning a cop as to why the cop considers him a person of interest.  My point still stands, even if he's pissing you off and what he says isn't true, let it go, we're not all going to take Ghent's word as gospel (nor will we take yours that way either).  We can all recognize that we're all people with differing opinions and different passions.

14 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Your analogy is incorrect. Im not nitpicking everything he's saying. I'm defending the fact that Ghent claims that people think a certain way, when in reality, it's all wrong. I know this because I know what I think, to be blunt.

Ghent's original post has something of merit -at first glance. It's originally a funny concept that he's telling off people that way. But you have to ask, who is this guy telling off? Who is it that actually thinks this way? You realize that he's being delusional and falsely portraying members of this community. It's not right, and I'm going to speak up. People are starting to realize how toxic Ghent is becoming.

LOL, wow, beware Ghent guys, he's gonna ruin all of our lives.  Don't know how many times I have to say it, but ligthen up dude, this isn't life or death, no one is going to get hurt, the world will keep on turning. . The "toxicity" of Ghent isn't going to hurt anyone, I promise you.

20 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Actually, see that's where your problem is happening here.  It is going to happen, and its going to continue to happen.  You can fight it tooth and nail if you want, with every post that Ghent makes finding an incessant need to counter every little thing he says, only making yourself look exactly like the people Ghent is complaining about in the process.  The more you fight every little thing he says, the more it seems like you fit exactly what he's talking about; like a murderer constantly questioning a cop as to why the cop considers him a person of interest.  My point still stands, even if he's pissing you off and what he says isn't true, let it go, we're not all going to take Ghent's word as gospel (nor will we take yours that way either). We can all recognize that we're all people with differing opinions and different passions.

The main problem here is that @Ghent doesn't recognize this. He's looking down on everyone that doesn't share his opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Since88 said:

The main problem here is that @Ghent doesn't recognize this. He's looking down on everyone that doesn't share his opinion. 

So what?!  I just don't get it.  Ignore him if it bothers you.  Speedo is constantly an ass, but pointing it out over and over doesn't change anything, and now we all just know that Speedo is an ass.  If Ghent's behavior is bothering anyone, realize that he actually isn't hurting anyone, ignore him, and move on with your life, perhaps he doesn't recognize that everyone has their own opinion, but surely you can, and if you can, you can recognize that his opinion is just that: an opinion.  Ghent isn't being any different of a person than he has been over the past decade on these boards, I do not understand why all of a sudden now, his behavior is an issue.