2016 Summer Tour General Discussion

Hit me up Jans ex

2 hours ago, The Dog From Frasier said:

just seen this now! shoot..... how did you enjoy it? 

I'm not as high on skiba as most others are.   He really disappoints on the guitar.   Both on the classics he can't play and the lack or originality on California.   He also has very little stage presence doesn't stray from the mic no banter etc. 

Its always awesome to see Travis live he's goes balls out everytime.   

Mark has come a long way on tracks like bored to death and he commands the stage well.   He did not disappoint.   As I posted earlier he also handled the fan interaction well during sound check.   Kept us engaged and entertained.   Made light of the guys being late telling us you wanted the real soundcheck experience this is it.   A lot of waiting.

The venue itself was fine we wanted to see them in Mass or Hartford but vip sold out too fast there for us as we are from Rhode Island.   But we made a weekend out of it.   Got tattoos right before the show.   I got the blink smiley.  

Not sure I'd go to another live show without Tom in the band until they change the setlist a little more.   I know theyve added things like Josie M&Ms which we got that night and was awesome but a lot of my true favorites are non hits.   I get they need to satisfy fair weather fans but just play longer they wrapped up in 1 hour and 15 minutes.   Go another 45 and all of us blink freaks can get those deep cuts we want,  Wendy clear,  wasting time etc.   

Great weekend tho.  How did you like the show

• Like 2

Really cool of them to do that.

i remember seeing an interview, which I think is only a few years old, where the guys (Mark, I believe) were asked about bringing fans on stage to play a song, kind of like Green Day does.

The response was something like "this is pretty much our office. Most people don't want many other people roaming around their office."

cool that they've changed their mind.

1 hour ago, IblinkfanA said:

Really cool of them to do that.

i remember seeing an interview, which I think is only a few years old, where the guys (Mark, I believe) were asked about bringing fans on stage to play a song, kind of like Green Day does.

The response was something like "this is pretty much our office. Most people don't want many other people roaming around their office."

cool that they've changed their mind.

Yeah I think they did it during another 1 or 2 soundchecks as well. Im still glad they dont do it during an actual show.

I always found it weird how Green Day would do that. It just seems like a waste of time because it only means something to that one person. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

Well blink can't bring a kid on stage to request a song because the one time they get an old school fan who requests a deep cut they'd be fucked with no rehearsal. 

God I wish blink could be one of those bands that actually knows how to play most of their discography.

Maybe as time goes on with Matt in the band they will keep learning/throwing in different songs to at least be a little better about this.

13 minutes ago, Clarke said:

It would be nice if they could know how to play their entire discography, but I think it's too much to ask in my opinion. Unless you want them to sacrifice quality. Maybe if they came out and had people request a song from a certain album, such as Enema of the State, it would be reasonable

I can dream.

I bet Mark, at least, could pretty easily play EOTS front to back though.  It's the rehearsing and arranging with everybody that would be a nightmare for all the old deep cuts.

• Like 1

Didn't trio learn like, all 94 of their songs for a tour where they played literally everything? wasn't it only like 2 years ago? blink has more I know but it's not impossible to learn more of your catalogue. I think if it was a case of the 3 of them on their own on stage, no lights or gimmicks, then it wouldn't be too much to ask but because of the spectacle their live show usually is it wouldn't be easy to do at all.

• Like 1

Matt learned a whole set list of blink songs he'd never played before in a month or two. if blink really wanted to bust out old, random shit there'd be no reason why they couldn't...at least they're doing a better job of it on this tour.

a lot of the older material would sound good live. a lot of those songs are easier to sing and less produced

31 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Matt learned a whole set list of blink songs he'd never played before in a month or two. if blink really wanted to bust out old, random shit there'd be no reason why they couldn't...at least they're doing a better job of it on this tour.

a lot of the older material would sound good live. a lot of those songs are easier to sing and less produced

Yeah I didn't mean on this tour.  They've done a way better job with the set, on top of the fact that ALL of it was new for Matt.

Thinking blink would ever be a band that just randomly pulls out a song like Toast and Bananas one night is just wishful thinking though.  They've never been a band that's operated like that so far anyway.