2016 Summer Tour General Discussion

Hit me up Jans ex

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blink182/2016/bankplus-amphitheater-southaven-ms-33fe7801.html

well, if the first show in Mississippi is any indication, just looks like they're going with their standard greatest hits set list, aside from a couple songs like simpered and violence, which they always play anyways. This really bums me out. I was hoping with skiba they'd play some more of their rarely performed live songs, like dysentery gay and Wendy clear which they played at some of their first shows with skiba. I really wish they'd change their set list up more often, especially since some of their best songs are not singles. I really wish they'd start playing more songs from Cheshire Cat and dude ranch again. Does this bum anybody else out? What are some songs you wish they'd play?

Its gotten to the point where i almost dont care to see them live anymore. I have no interest in seeing whats my age again and all the small things live. I know thats just the way it is with big bands like blink, but it kinda sucks. Its hard to warrant paying 90$ to go see them play and only get like 2 new songs

Yea I'm right there with you Knapton. I already paid $300 a ticket for me and my brother to see them at DTE in Michigan, although those are general admission right in front of the stage..but seriously I'm sick of the same set list every time they tour, and most of their singles are the songs I'd want to see least. And theedge, don't count on it man, blink has never been a band to switch up their set list night to night in the middle of a tour, which is just too damn bad. I was hoping with skibas capabilities, the fact that the band dynamics have changed and them not being on a record label (although I guess they are now) would lead to them having a little more fun and not playing the same exact songs on this tour. Seeing that set list really disappoints me.

Just now, Chillin4alivin said:

Yea I agree. They atleast could swap out first date for reckless abandon or give me one good reason. Honestly, who wants to go listen to first date? The music video was cool but song, not so great lol. 

BTW welcome to the form man. 

I really wish they'd rotate Dumpweed with a different Enema track like Dysentery or something else. And Up All Night needs to go it just sounds awful live, 

8 minutes ago, Chillin4alivin said:

Thanks for the welcome! I really love dump weed tho, how about swap out up all night for dysentery. Have you watched them perform it with skiba? It's miles ahead of them ever performing it with Tom 

Oh yeah! they played it at the soundcheck last night apparently. Would love it in the actual setlist.

Im pretty sure they still mix in Dumpweed as the opener, which is cool. 

Im sick of the same setlists too, but Skiba has been putting his own spin on songs such as First Date. 

Get rid of Up All Night!!!! I hate that song and its actually worse with Matt for some reason. 

I also have no desire to hear Reckless Abandon. Its a good song, but I dont know why its become part of EVERY setlist for 10 years. Play Wasting Time, M+Ms, Dont Leave Me, Wendy Clear, Hearts All Gone, new song instead

That is such a fucking horrible setlist, it is like they are going backwards.

1 song off neighborhoods. One

Not a damn thing from the EP

Then the same stuff we've been hearing for the last 12 years. What are these guys doing? I seriously hope they change this because it's going to be so fucking boring. Ya know, its okay to have hits in there, but this is just shit.

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

That is such a fucking horrible setlist, it is like they are going backwards.

1 song off neighborhoods. One

Not a damn thing from the EP

Then the same stuff we've been hearing for the last 12 years. What are these guys doing? I seriously hope they change this because it's going to be so fucking boring. Ya know, its okay to have hits in there, but this is just shit.

Considering only one song off neighborhoods really shows how they truly feel about that album IMO. Hopefully when the album is out more new ones get added. Wish they'd mix up the old stuff more but I get why they do if. Don't say though "we don't wanna be a greatest hits band" but still just play hits.  Rotate Dumpweed and a Reckless every other night with two others. Drop up all night for hearts all gone.

Even the order of it is boring - it's just the same sequence of songs.
Given they're likely going to keep the 'hits' in there, hopefully they swap out some of the commonly-played album tracks (e.g Violence, Dumpweed) and less big singles, and chuck in new songs and other album tracks (e.g. Dysentary Gary, Wendy Clear, anything else!)

I mean, it's obvious to me that they will change this set for the actual tour. The tour doesn't *technically* start until July 21. That's when they start playing larger venues, and hit the road with the openers on a consistent basis. That date is also two weeks after the last one. These shows at the beginning are just random warm up dates. There's just no way they aren't going to play songs off the new record - it just hasn't been released yet. Mark himself said he can't wait to play some of these new tracks. Don't worry people.