2016 Summer Tour General Discussion

Hit me up Jans ex

Just now, Clarke said:

It shouldn't, especially since I JUST said what I am trying to say. Do you want me to go back and change it to "But it's evident now that it wasn't Tom that was solely responsible for the bland set list"? 

You missed my edit:

I can see that you agree with me, but you must admit to what that post I quoted looked like and why I then had to clarify that Tom was still to blame as well.

Seriously dude, I know you agree with me.  But come on, you have to be able to see how that what you said read like you weren't blaming Tom at all for the stale setlist.  You don't have to change your post or anything, just stop being so defensive and understand how and why I responded to what you said the way that I did, it should be pretty clear (much more clear than your initial post was anyway).

6 minutes ago, Clarke said:

This is on you. It's pretty annoying that you are still trying to make it out that I wasn't blaming tom at all in my post, especially since I am telling you (night now) that I wasn't. Why does it matter? As in, what's the point of this mike? Move on from it

Wait... are you even reading what I'm saying.  I'm being very clear that I'm aware that ISN'T how you felt.  I'm just pointing out that your initial post very clearly read like you didn't blame Tom at all for the stale setlists anymore.

You really gotta stop being so defensive and just get it dude.  I understand that you feel the same as I on this subject matter, you just had a very misleading first post in response to what I was saying where it quite easily reads like you were pulling all blame off Tom on the subject; even though I do understand and realize now that that isn't how you feel.

2 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I understand that this is how you took it in. But you have to realize that there are other ways to take it in. It's a fundamental concept of communication. I'm not being defensive, but this is a really annoying thing to point out. I really don't think the sender of the message is responsible for the receiver taking in a completely different message, nor do I think it's on the sender if the receiver adds in extra ideas that weren't there. That's all I have to say mike. If you're going to blame me, at the very least you can blame yourself as well.

You're the type of person that can never admit you made a mistake or an error, aren't you?  I can see that you'll never be able to admit that what you wrote doesn't read the way you think it does, but I can assure you, most people that read that post (if not all besides you) will read it and have the same or similar overall takeaway that I had.  

So with that in mind.  Ok dude, whatevez, I'll drop the subject.  I think I understand you as a person a little bit more now.

That set list is shit unless they're playing festivals.

I'd expect them to add at least another three songs when California is released, probably Rabbit Hole plus the two other mooted singles from that album review. They probably can't play too many songs off of California live because it's so overproduced. 

Really hope they go full Dave Grohl and play the whole of the album in its entirety once it's released.

Hey - dropping some info for you good ppl.  I've been a member for a long time, hardly post.  I know for a fact that there will be a new back drop (as in not the one from x games, Thursday, Firefly) starting on July 5 in Milwaukee.  Obviously, everyone's going to be like how do you know, post pics etc.  To that end - I apologize I can't provide, but they will play a few new songs (4-5ish) can't be sure but I'm 100% positive on this.  There's a festival setlist and a tour setlist, they are not one in the same. Similar, absolutely, but there will be some new songs. Zero sum game when you have 80 minutes when it comes to adding / deleting songs.

26 minutes ago, munster182 said:

Hey - dropping some info for you good ppl.  I've been a member for a long time, hardly post.  I know for a fact that there will be a new back drop (as in not the one from x games, Thursday, Firefly) starting on July 5 in Milwaukee.  Obviously, everyone's going to be like how do you know, post pics etc.  To that end - I apologize I can't provide, but they will play a few new songs (4-5ish) can't be sure but I'm 100% positive on this.  There's a festival setlist and a tour setlist, they are not one in the same. Similar, absolutely, but there will be some new songs. Zero sum game when you have 80 minutes when it comes to adding / deleting songs.

I believe that. I'm not concerned about new songs, I'd rather here less first date/radio songs and more rare songs they haven't played in a while

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

That's what I figured. Similar to Hearts All Gone. However, Wikipedia seems to say otherwise

Yeah I don't trust that site. Anyone can edit it. I thought someone said She's out if my head or whatever is the next single.

41 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I'm seeing blink on June 26th for DC 101 Kerfuffle.  Do you think they will play their "tour setlist" or festival setlist?  Hoping it's the ladder.

Me too. Have fun man. Should be a fun show nonetheless.

Can't lie, been really happy with everything for the most part of the Skiba-era blink, but the lack of changes to the setlist is fucking annoying. Sure, I get it, you'll incorporate some more California songs once it releases, but that's no excuse to be churning out the same songs over and over and over in the setlist. The shittiest part about it for blink is that they have such an extensive array of songs to choose to incorporate and rotate. 

Personally, one of my favorite things about some other bands setlists are the rotation of the opening song. Everybody loves the build-up and anticipation of the opener. It's easily one of the best, if not the best, part of the entire show. I like being kept on my toes - throw in a choice of two or three openers (Feeling This, Dumpweed, Rock Show, whatever they choose) and just rotate through those songs and freshen up each show a bit. I love Feeling This SO much, but seeing that opener in 2011, 2013, and now 2016, it kind of loses its luster.