favorite blink covers?

daveyjones

38 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I just don't get why bands use great recording/video production like this just to record covers. They don't seem like a band I'd be into either way but use those resources to make your own music video dudes! Haha

it's like they use nice quality cameras to take attention away from how bad their cover is lol.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

still makes me laugh

Not gonna lie, I really really like this cover (not the video).

I especially like playing it around people who know the real song but have never heard this version, so they get excited when the intro plays and then they get caught completely off guard when the screaming starts and probably start to hate me.

• Wow 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 17.2.2017 at 6:50 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Haha, it's only certain accents that bother me in music, and usually only when they're covering someone else's song. I don't care if it's original music. Usually just when English is clearly not their native language. I don't mind different accents among native English speakers in covers... unless they're singing with like a super heavy southern drawl, like this fuckery.

There are always exceptions. Accents don't always bother me, but sometimes they do.

I once toyed with the idea of recording a Spanish version of one of my own original songs. I decided against it because I speak Spanish with an American accent and I think that it would just sound stupid.

My MA thesis is on Norwegian singers singing in English and how their Norwegian influence shows in their English singing and what kind of variety of English they are aiming for. 

I'm glad no one is doing that with my English singing though, people usually don't complain about the English in my songs, since everything else is so much worse that nitpicking on language would seem like the weirdest thing. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...