POKEMON GO

Ghent

Currently at level 8, highest leveled Pokémon is a CP 300-something Raticate, had control over my neighborhood's gym until someone from Team Valor took it over with a CP 1296 Snorlax...gg

I'm loving the game though, so much fun because I've played Pokémon since forever and because all of my friends are playing it!

What factions does everyone belong to?

This game is a blast and is quickly changing the world.  I see kids all over the place wandering around town, exploring, yeah their phones are out, but they're out getting fresh air and exercise, I've never seen any video game so successful at getting kids to want to go outside.

Game has brought a sharp rise to Nintendo's stock shares.  Has brought in more daily users than Twitter, and has already made more money than Pokemon Shuffle (another successful phone app) has to date.  

I'm level 8 as well.  My highest CPs are a 430 or so Tangela, 470 Pidgeot, and 380 Raticate.  Nothing fantastic, but I've managed to beat a few gyms and claim them for my own (only to be overtaken shortly later).

Also, Yellow, Team Instinct FTW

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'm team mystic. can someone explain to me how the gyms and fighting works? I won a couple battles last night but all i did was mash the screen. is that all there is to it?

yeah, your pokemon has two attacks it will use, as far as I can tell you just tap the other pokemon to fight.  You can however move your pokemon to try and dodge attacks as well by swiping left or right.  Those are the only mechanics I've noted so far, but I'm not sure if there is more to it, I haven't seen any of my pokemon use their second attack as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure if there is something different you do to make it attack with its other move.

This game is stupidly addicting. As much as I hate the small town I'm going to school in, I actually think I'm in a great place to play this game. Literally all day every day there are people out in large groups playing, setting up lures all over the place. This was what the gardens on my school campus was like at 10:30 last night:

6lfe6iz.jpgX1PHgOd.jpg

It's crazy, haha.

I still don't really understand gym battling either. Basically just learning things from word-of-mouth.

• Like 1

Level 10 right now and the highest anything I got is a CP395 Golbat. I'm saving a lot of my pokemon to evolve when I have like 5-6 of them to so I can maximize my lucky egg. Also I'm not spending my stardust at all unless it's already evolved and something I actually like (Golbat, Pigeot, and Raticate can fuck off) But I have caught 39 different pokemons so far.

Also Richmond is littered with Zubats. wtf. That and pigeys, rattatas, and sparrows.

I accidently sent my Charmander to transfer. Doh!

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Level 10 right now and the highest anything I got is a CP395 Golbat. I'm saving a lot of my pokemon to evolve when I have like 5-6 of them to so I can maximize my lucky egg. Also I'm not spending my stardust at all unless it's already evolved and something I actually like (Golbat, Pigeot, and Raticate can fuck off) But I have caught 39 different pokemons so far.

Also Richmond is littered with Zubats. wtf. That and pigeys, rattatas, and sparrows.

I accidently sent my Charmander to transfer. Doh!

Pretty much everywhere you start, you'll run into nothing but the garbage pokemon: pidgeys, weedles, caterpie, spearow, ratatas, zubats, etc.  As you level up you'll run into more and more powerful and rare pokemon  Also, while it sucks you lost your starter, you can run into Squirtles, Charmander, and Bulbasaurs in the wild, though they aren't very common.

Well some people can't even find one zubat. Yup and in eggs also, that's why I didn't just start another game. Also I heard that if you walk outside of the three pokemon it initially offers, you can find a Pikachu.

I just want a Gengar dammit.

50 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Well some people can't even find one zubat. Yup and in eggs also, that's why I didn't just start another game. Also I heard that if you walk outside of the three pokemon it initially offers, you can find a Pikachu.

I just want a Gengar dammit.

I have yet to see a Zubat here, but in other places theyre as common as rattatas, pidgeys, weedles, venonats, etc.

i saw a pikachu pop up that was grayed out yesterday, but never did find him

Well now that I'm reading about it, leveling up is actually a bad idea in some cases. With higher levels, the pokemon are at a higher CP and harder to catch, thus making it a longer battle just catch a stinkin' ratatta. Fuck that sucks.

4 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Well now that I'm reading about it, leveling up is actually a bad idea in some cases. With higher levels, the pokemon are at a higher CP and harder to catch, thus making it a longer battle just catch a stinkin' ratatta. Fuck that sucks.

I've been doing okay, my Jynx was CP400+ and I caught it with one ball - never had one escape from a ball more than 3-4 times.