(Poll) a beer with Mark vs Tom

Lauren

(Poll) a beer with Mark vs Tom  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have beer/discussion with?

• Tom
    • Mark

In 2001; Tom; in 2016 Mark.

I think Tom would blather on about the most boring crap ever and I might even fall asleep. Couldn't mention Blink at all without it getting weird.

With Mark I could talk about Benedict Arnold  (he is reading a book on that), I am also friends with a guy who knew him in High School, we could talk Blink etc. Way better choice.

Tom. I think that despite his ego problems, delusions, and general mental illness, he's more "real" than Mark or Travis. Mark is a great guy and far more genuine, but I feel like he's more wrapped up in the superficiality of the celebrity lifestyle. Living in Europe and being a poser farmer and bee keeper...meh

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Tom. I think that despite his ego problems, delusions, and general mental illness, he's more "real" than Mark or Travis. Mark is a great guy and far more genuine, but I feel like he's more wrapped up in the superficiality of the celebrity lifestyle. Living in Europe and being a poser farmer and bee keeper...meh

All Tom would talk about is Aliens, Sekret Crowds, Poet Anderson, Art Projects, and all that shit. Would you really want to hear that?

• Like 3

Tom would probably be a super interesting guy to have a beer with if you're into conspiracy theory's and that kind of stuff.

Mark even said in that interview with AVA on his talk show that if you have 3 or 4 hours you should sit down with Tom and he will tell you everything you need to know.

27 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Just noticed I totally contradicted myself here. But by genuine for Mark, I mean his intentions are more pure. As in he really cares about his fans and is appreciative. Rather than a money hungry dick like Tom. But at the same time, Mark participates more in the "high life" celebrity stuff than Tom, which makes me not like him as much. Because I can't relate to that at all, obviously.

And then you have Matt. Who is totally normal. He bought a Prius because he made enough money playing with blink at Musink. lol

mark. he seemed like a cocky little shit in the dude ranch days but rapidly improved and took stardom well, whereas tom did... the opposite. i think tom would have been a funnier person to drink with in, like, 2001 (as others have said), but mark seems more down-to-earth.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Just noticed I totally contradicted myself here. But by genuine for Mark, I mean his intentions are more pure. As in he really cares about his fans and is appreciative. Rather than a money hungry dick like Tom. But at the same time, Mark participates more in the "high life" celebrity stuff than Tom, which makes me not like him as much. Because I can't relate to that at all, obviously.

And then you have Matt. Who is totally normal. He bought a Prius because he made enough money playing with blink at Musink. lol

Is this true? If so then that's pretty awesome haha

I've heard Jim Parsons who plays Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory makes around $1 million an episode and he drives a Prius also lol

I think Mark would be the better guy to hang out and watch sports with and have a beer. 

When I met him after the Untitled anniversary show some guy asked him to sign his Kansas City Chiefs jersey and Mark wrote 'Go Eagles' all over it haha

• Like 1

I think i would owe the fanboy-kid in me to have a beer with Tom. And just try to avoid discussions about TTS. I would def ask about the untitled recording and go into studio talk. Gears, amps and all that. I tried for so many years to get his untitled guitar sound without having to buy a triple rectifier and a gibson. 

• Like 1