Stranger Things

Scott.

Apparently, the mum is drinking wine in literally every scene. That's kind of a cute extra point to show how lonely and depressed she is, for a character who has such little screen time. 

Just now, Kay said:

Apparently, the mum is drinking wine in literally every scene. That's kind of a cute extra point to show how lonely and depressed she is, for a character who has such little screen time. 

Her husband has driven her to it. The lazy awful bastard. Bet he can’t even get it hard. What sort of cunt has a wife like that and isn’t fucking the brains out of her on the reg. absolute bastard. My boy Billy will sort her out nqat

I am 100% convinced Billy is totes a gaylord. the weird homoerotic aggression with Steve, his daddy issues and his dads comments, his obsession with his looks, his clear internalised anger problems and the fact that Stranger Things is already delving into more 'commentary' style issues (Billy warning Max not to date Lucas because he's black, and the whole 'venkman' argument for example, and all the political signs on the lawns) I will be legit surprised if he isn't a screaming queen. 

7 minutes ago, Scott. said:

No chance. Billy is the pussy slayer. That’s what blokes were like in the 80s, glam as fck. Trust me Billy big balls loves vag

I will bet you actual money that he's a homo. like £10. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching season two, lmfao.

I liked it! Just as enjoyable as the first season. Tbh I don’t remember the first season well enough to compare it to the second season, but they were both good. The kids stole the show, as usual.

And episode seven wasn’t that bad...the Internet was exaggerating, as usual. It was a little cringe, but eh. Some interesting individual character development for Eleven at least.

I like that this show ties everything together. All storylines intersect and it’s cohesive, has a good flow. The writers purposely set stuff up and it’s cool. I think that everything has a consequence.

I LOVE the addition of Billy and Max. Great characters. If Billy turns out to be gay then I applaud @Kay‘s gaydar, any hints flew right over my head.

But I think the comparison of Stranger Things to Lost in terms of the direction it’s going is a little odd. For one, Lost was on a traditional television network with less flexibility for season length and episode time, and Netflix has more flexibility with its shows (which means little to no rushing to pump stuff out for the network). Also, Stranger Things just has better writers, imo. Which is why I think it will be less prone to the dragging on and bad writing that eventually plagued Lost. But only if the writers know when they have to end it.