New Feldmann Topic

Ghent

love him or hate him, the guy did what he's best known for, producing a hit radio friendly album for the dudes. i wouldn't go to a chinese restaurant and be pissed that they didn't accommodate my needs for italian food. they reached out to him, so he made music the way he knows how. he gets so much hate just for doing his job if they really wanted less direction they would have went somewhere else.

• Like 3

I've said so much negative, and I stand by it.

But there is positive, the dude is a slave driver, he produces, he gets bands to work. That is refreshing during a time where Blink was nothing but delays. Feldman wouldn't go for that, ever. Him and Tom would have been on the outs in like 2 seconds. Another positive, he helped create something that was halfway decent. It's not a terrible album, it has good moments. But it......oh right, nothing negative. I am done.

• Like 4

I think everybody's opinions and reasonings have been shared quite a bit already, BUT I am curious whether people want him to produce the next album. I can make peace with what California is and why they made it with Feldmann and everything, but I'm really wondering what they're gonna do next. I've said before that even though I don't like the styles/sounds that (I think) he brought to the music, I definitely appreciate the fact that he was able to motivate the band and get them to record in a new way that was fun to them.

BUT, I still don't want them to record with him again. Even if I liked what he brought to Blink's music, I still wouldn't say that the band grew or got better on this album. I can't really envision what another full length Blink/Feldmann team up would bring to the table (especially after the EP of Feldmann-produced songs that's coming soon).

If they still want to grow as a band and not just rest on their past, I don't think a second round of the Feldmann Approach will work. They'll need someone who will push them and challenge them, and I don't mean in ways like telling Mark to write faster, because even though that got him "out of his comfort zone" the goal was still to write songs that would remind us fans of previous eras.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, helen_hoppus said:

i'm on mobile forum version, so i can't see users sigs

@JarJarBlinks do you still have "savior" sig with feldy? 

this is approximately reflected what i think about him.

He is still there in all of his holy glory!!!

#inFeldywetrust

• Like 1

If their next album is going to sound the same as California then I don't want him producing it. I would be totally cool if he agrees to go in a different direction with the band and steps out of his comfort zone. But I can't see that happening as he is the guy you hire to help you write and produce radio friendly pop songs. After Enema and TOYPAJ, Blink went and experimented with something they hadn't done before and Jerry Finn was on board with them. I can see Feldmann trying to reel them back to the radio friendly stuff if they wanted to experiment with a different style or sound.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Mark has pretty much already said they will be sticking with Feldmann in the future. Thank god. Dude saved my favorite band ever. 

Would you be happy if the next album they released was pretty much California 2.0? If it was very similar with easy listening, generic pop songs? You wouldn't want to see them progress and experiment with something a little different now that they have released the throwback album they wanted to?

This is a serious question btw, not trying to be sarcastic or anything.

45 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I've said so much negative, and I stand by it.

But there is positive, the dude is a slave driver, he produces, he gets bands to work. That is refreshing during a time where Blink was nothing but delays. Feldman wouldn't go for that, ever. Him and Tom would have been on the outs in like 2 seconds. Another positive, he helped create something that was halfway decent. It's not a terrible album, it has good moments. But it......oh right, nothing negative. I am done.

this. i'm totally burned on out talking about it though. i've said it many times, but i hope they pick a different producer for the next album. they did what they wanted to do with this guy, but there's no way he'll ever be capable of being their "jerry finn 2.0"

i prefer bands to change their sound a bit with every release. with the exception of toypaj, blink did a good job of that. they won't be able to progress any further if they work with him again.

• Like 3