New Feldmann Topic

Ghent

It reminds me a bit of It Don't Mean Anything.

I don't mind this tbh. It makes me a bit sad. These bands don't seem like Goldfinger or Blink anymore, it they had made a supergroup with Skiba, Feldmann, Mark, the MxPX guy and Travis it could be a pretty interesting new band if they kept the greatest songs. I miss Skiba in this song actually. 

• Like 1

This song didn't do much for me, getting sick of these recycled lyrics or similar themes... the stupid "We all fall down" line we've heard before, the "We changed, but we stayed the same" is almost the exact same lyrics as the chorus from "Put The Knife Away" (first release from this album).... "You said you changed, you stayed the sameeeee"

I noticed this trend on some of the new 311 tracks he produced as well. There was one song that has the "It's a long way back to..." lyrics similar to BTD.

Edit: Here is the 311 song I'm talking about produced by Feldy, sadly catchy but crap we've heard before:

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 8:07 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Rancid is rad. I'm still super bummed I missed them when they opened for blink in 2011 because of super bad traffic.

You need to check out their newest album, it is the best one they've done in years!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RAX said:

I watched the whole video. Really interesting. 

I laughed when he was asked about was the big thing to do now or something like that. 

His answer:

"gang vocals"

Props for the English Beat shout out. Such an underrated band. Feldmann undoubtedly knows what's he doing. Just wish he would leave Blink alone. Also, couldn't listen for more than 5 mins any other interesting tidbits?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Props for the English Beat shout out. Such an underrated band. Feldmann undoubtedly knows what's he doing. Just wish he would leave Blink alone. Also, couldn't listen for more than 5 mins any other interesting tidbits?

Yeah loads. Talks about his mixing style, gear, albums he has worked on (mostly used), why he does what he does etc. Its an hour long interview. 

Its a long time since i watched this but i think he talks about jerry finn. This was before he produced California. 

7 minutes ago, RAX said:

Yeah loads. Talks about his mixing style, gear, albums he has worked on (mostly used), why he does what he does etc. Its an hour long interview. 

Its a long time since i watched this but i think he talks about jerry finn. This was before he produced California. 

I just can't listen to Feldmann for that long. Will probably tackle it in pieces. Thanks for the upload

Better than California imo.. Plenty of stuff needs to vanish from this music for good (whoas, double bass drumming,) but this style does fit Goldfinger better...I like the ska elements, Am I Deaf is a good one.  Definitely some cringe though, orthodontics girl??.. straight up Parking Lot twice in here.

Man the production is so bad! Although his last album was pretty glossy it didn't go overboard with all the compression and auto tune/pitch shift crap. This song from his last album is properly produced and if the new album sounded like this I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'm one of the few who like newer goldfinger but this new production just kills it for me.

Here is that Am I deaf song i was talking about.  This video is from 2013

Then go listen to the album version. The early version is so much better and just sounds better.  I dont know if Feldman self produced and recorded the first version but if he didnt and then did for the album version, thats enough proof to me that I dont like his recording work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, knapton said:

That Am I Deaf song on this album was made years ago and was on youtube and I quite like it. This was long before Feldman 182

Coincidentally the best song on the album by a landslide.  Damn good actually.

Sad, thought we had something for a second here still in the pop punk universe.