New Feldmann Topic

Ghent

I hated GoT for ages, my introduction to it was the scene where Joffrey goes fucking mental on some prozzies and it just put me off for ages, I was forced to sit through the first 3 seasons by my house mates and now I just watch it. I wouldn't ever sing it's praises, like I see why people like it but it's definitely not a favourite of mine, deffo overrated. 

can't stand LOTRs either. I love sci fi by fantasy is rarely my thing.

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

I hated GoT for ages, my introduction to it was the scene where Joffrey goes fucking mental on some prozzies and it just put me off for ages, I was forced to sit through the first 3 seasons by my house mates and now I just watch it. I wouldn't ever sing it's praises, like I see why people like it but it's definitely not a favourite of mine, deffo overrated. 

can't stand LOTRs either. I love sci fi by fantasy is rarely my thing.

Overrated in your opinion.

its probably the biggest tv show of all time so imo it's underrated

Whaatttt? It's about the journey!  Easily one of the best films and trilogies of our time.  They save the Middle Earth from evil rule through the most epic journey adventure possible. The least expected hero has to do it.  How is that pointless?

Plus the atmosphere is unbeatable. Second best Sean Bean death.

Best movie to see in theaters behind the first Matrix imo.  So immense.

• Like 1

You have to like medieval and the characters though.  Or else yeah, no chance.

Breaking Bad is the one I don't get the obsessive love for. Everyone I know. Saw one episode, the entire episode was about killing a fly in the lab.  The. entire. episode.  Killing a fly.  I can't watch a show after sitting through that shit.  It seems try hard to be badass, but I'm sure I'm wrong if I gave into it.  Refuse though.  

GoT is alright, Star Wars is overrated in the sense it's the biggest thing ever but I like the story.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FightingTheGravity said:

Breaking Bad is the one I don't get the obsessive love for. Everyone I know. Saw one episode, the entire episode was about killing a fly in the lab.  The. entire. episode.  Killing a fly.  I can't watch a show after sitting through that shit.  It seems try hard to be badass, but I'm sure I'm wrong if I gave into it.  Refuse though.  

GoT is alright, Star Wars is overrated in the sense it's the biggest thing ever but I like the story.

That's literally the worst episode in the whole series. It was a bottle episode and even die hard fans hated it. 

Breaking Bad is awesome, you should give it another shot. Season 1 is a bit slow (but good for character development), season 3 is some of the best television out there.

GoT isn't overrated IMO, it lives up to the hype. So many great characters, all with a lot of depth and their own motives which all make sense (rare for the fantasy genre where it's usually just good vs. evil). The books definitely flesh out the characters (like Sansa, because you actually get what's going through her mind instead of just what she says) and the lore a lot more though. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Clarkerpes said:

That's literally the worst episode in the whole series. It was a bottle episode and even die hard fans hated it. 

Breaking Bad is awesome, you should give it another shot. Season 1 is a bit slow (but good for character development), season 3 is some of the best television out there.

GoT isn't overrated IMO, it lives up to the hype. So many great characters, all with a lot of depth and their own motives which all make sense (rare for the fantasy genre where it's usually just good vs. evil). The books definitely flesh out the characters (like Sansa, because you actually get what's going through her mind instead of just what she says) and the lore a lot more though. 

Word I will try it, eventually. I think I'm the only person who has never seen it, but still know nothing about the beginning middle or end so at least I have a lot of content to see if it's as good as everyone says.

Back on the movies though, both SW and Lotr have charm. I personally like Lotr setting better and I think that's what it comes down to for most on that trilogy. Both are legendary.  As long as we all can admit they demolish the Dark Knight trilogy. That is the most pretentious garb ever. Sure, the visuals are great, but it's fucking Batman, w.e story I'm sick of seeing it ranked on the same levels as these films sometimes higher.

1 hour ago, FightingTheGravity said:

Boromir went out like a champ. My favorite character. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

GOT fanboys are like SW fanboys, when you criticise the show in anyway it's like you've just told them you sexually assulted a member of their family. 

Exhibit A:

10 hours ago, Scott. said:

You cunt. Absolutely clueless

Exhibit B:

9 hours ago, Scott. said:

Overrated in your opinion.

its probably the biggest tv show of all time so imo it's underrated

3 hours ago, Clarkerpes said:

I've said this here before, but I love that episode. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

You know, Dan, I had a different concept of you, but now I get it. If it is something you don't like, then it is a piece of garbage, or overrated.

I just can't stand people who don't know what does 'taste' means. 

That's OK, I have a few friends who don't like blink-182 and they think they are a piece of garbage, but they like U2.... so.

On the other hand, as Cheerios said, Feldmann can fuck off.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, carlos182 said:

You know, Dan, I had a different concept of you, but now I get it. If it is something you don't like, then it is a piece of garbage, or overrated.

I just can't stand people who don't know what does 'taste' means. 

That's OK, I have a few friends who don't like blink-182 and they think they are a piece of garbage, but they like U2.... so.

On the other hand, as Cheerios said, Feldmann can fuck off.

You can apply the reserve logic though can't you? just because you like something doesn't mean it's good? tastes are tastes.

I like GOT and actually think it's a good show (not as good as it once was though) but don't subscribe to the wankathon that many people do with it. 

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

@...Dan... Better watch your back, Carlos has you all figured out!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww shit.

• Like 2