New Feldmann Topic

Ghent

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I hope we get at least one non-Feldy album before the end of their careers, just so we know what this lineup is capable of at this point. I would love to think a different producer would bring something special out of them, but who knows anymore?

Fuuuuuck. Feldmann could be producing until forever. Fuuuck

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raxy! said:

Fuuuuuck. Feldmann could be producing until forever. Fuuuck

And when they get inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame when they're like 70, I can still see Mark secretly being in denial over the last 6 Feldmann records.

"This honor couldn't have happened without the hard work and dedication of Matt and John. Blink life. For life."

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

And when they get inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame when they're like 70, I can still see Mark secretly being in denial over the last 6 Feldmann records.

"This honor couldn't have happened without the hard work and dedication of Matt and John. Blink life. For life."

That would be such a nightmare if Blink's masterclass 4-piece (DR - Self Titled) got tucked away between like 6 generic pop albums.  I was already bugged when Neighborhoods ruined the perfection a bit, but I just started looking at it like an indy-experiment release and love it now.   I do hate when legacies get ruined, I know it doesn't really matter at the end of the day and is just OCD, but it happens to all my favorite entertainers...I'm just now starting to get over the fact my favorite athlete's stats are going to be demolished because he extended his career like 5 years too long.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FightingTheGravity said:

That would be such a nightmare if Blink's masterclass 4-piece (DR - Self Titled) got tucked away between like 6 generic pop albums.  I was already bugged when Neighborhoods ruined the perfection a bit, but I just started looking at it like an indy-experiment release and love it now.   I do hate when legacies get ruined, I know it doesn't really matter at the end of the day and is just OCD, but it happens to all my favorite entertainers...I'm just now starting to get over the fact my favorite athlete's stats are going to be demolished because he extended his career like 5 years too long.  

Yeah man, I feel ya there being a detroit sports fan (tigers and red wings are full of aging players that can't produce). As for blink, I was being sarcastic but I do wonder how many Feldmann/Skiba releases Mark will try to put out in order to legitimize this lineup.

3 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Yeah man, I feel ya there being a detroit sports fan (tigers and red wings are full of aging players that can't produce). As for blink, I was being sarcastic but I do wonder how many Feldmann/Skiba releases Mark will try to put out in order to legitimize this lineup.

Well they just had 2 in a matter of what felt like seconds. They're already back in the studio soon to power out some more they've stated.  So 4 more isn't unattainable.  Yes, we're counting Dlx as a full.

The only thing I'd see stopping that, is the fact they don't even really solidify Skiba in the lineup themselves..they always talk around it without making him officially in.  He doesn't even know where he stands exactly.  It's strange.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FightingTheGravity said:

Well they just had 2 in a matter of what felt like seconds. They're already back in the studio soon to power out some more they've stated.  So 4 more isn't unattainable.  Yes, we're counting Dlx as a full.

The only thing I'd see stopping that, is the fact they don't even really solidify Skiba in the lineup themselves..they always talk around it without making him officially in.  He doesn't even know where he stands exactly.  It's strange.

Yeah, we can probably consider the Cali deluxe it's own animal. So if they keep this lineup for a decade we can easily expect a bare minimum of 4 more releases in this time frame, especially if you throw an EP in there.

I definitely appreciate Neighborhoods as I get older. It admittedly stumbles 2/3rds in but I enjoy it quite a bit nowadays. Is it a step back from their masterpiece? Absolutely. But I now see it as a longer side street home rather than an actual wrong turn. It felt genuine, at least. Kaleidoscope, GOTDF, Wishing Well, HAG all feel like Mark/Tom had something on their minds they wanted to purge when they wrote the lyrics. I only felt that on HISALPWY and San Diego on Cali.

As for Matt...he doesn't have his own song where he's the sole singer. Why? Because it would be nearly unidentifiable as a blink song. Let's not kid ourselves. I mean he's had, what? 25+ songs to sing solo? For Mark and John to throw him a bone so he can have 1 song to sing by himself on tour to separate himself from the band's past and create his own niche in blink?

I can't remember what song I was listening to on dlx but Matt sang most of it...then Mark's voice awkwardly pops in and I remember thinking how pathetic it is that Mark is featured on every track since Tom left. That NEVER happened on any of the other albums (though Tom sang on every song for DED if memory serves me correct). So yes, this is just one of many reasons why Matt is confused on his role in blink.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

As for blink, I was being sarcastic but I do wonder how many Feldmann/Skiba releases Mark will try to put out in order to legitimize this lineup.

I don't think Mark's goal is to release as much shit as possible to legitimize Matt being in Blink. He just wants to make new music with a functional band and tour every couple years, both reasonable requests from a professional musician. Matt's role has been legitimized for a long time now, people have accepted him, the tours are successful, the music is successful. 

38 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

It ALL comes back to Marks desperation for him and Blink to remain relevant. 

He will keep churning out albums and tours until he is rich enough to retire, the quality of music isn't even that important now as there will always be a big/die hard fanbase for blink. 

He could've retired years ago. Most gifted musicians want to continue making the thing they love and are good at = MUSIC. With the long delays/time off and getting older, I think Mark just realizes this won't last forever so he needs to do it while he can. Reading books on a farm in London has to get boring eventually.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jane said:

Why bother with the Feldmann charade and try hard to stay relevant though when he just "loves to make music" and does not want to get bored. 

1. The last album severely lacked a producer's input
2. There's a brand new member in the band with a completely different style
3. It's a comeback album, (and they obviously wanted to show they can succeed without Tom)

I don't know what everyone means by "trying hard to stay relevant", don't most bands want their new songs/album to be popular and heard? I mean who sets out to create shitty stuff that no one cares about? Of course they want to remain relevant, if you owned a business/brand/band wouldn't you want it to be successful and not fall off the face of the Earth?

You guys act like Mark and Blink are the first band in the history of the world to hire a producer. As if having a producer in the room somehow means you can't enjoy creating and writing music...Not sure if you've missed the 5,000 interviews of them praising the writing/recording process of creating California but they clearly had a blast making this album. What is so wrong about enjoying making new music? 

They've had plenty of down time over the years with Tom being M.I.A., it was probably incredibly refreshing to have a set time at John's studio where everyone would actually show up ready to work, and collaborate on their profession. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

(and they obviously wanted to show they can succeed without Tom)

I don't know what everyone means by "trying hard to stay relevant"

That's exactly what everyone means. But in some opinions, they wanted those things so badly that they kinda sacrificed their authenticity for Feldmann-style pop and that's what let them achieve the success/relevancy.

• 4 months later...