New Feldmann Topic

Ghent

20 minutes ago, knapton said:

Whos benifited more from the whole Blink thing, Skiba or Feldman?

Skiba. Feldmann was already raking it in and successful with other bands like 5sos, Hillary Duff, Ashely Simpson, Good Charlotte, All Time Low, Atreyu, and Story of the Year.

Cringe.

Feldmann probably has better job protection though. Somehow.

“Two OG rude boys”... Jesus feldmann is a tool. I’ve always liked tom more than anyone else in the blink camp cause he marches to the beat of his own drum and he doesn’t give a fuck about being “cool” in others eyes. If he thinks it’s cool, then in his own eyes he cool. There’s a lot to be said for that, even if I don’t always think toms making the right decisions for himself.

24 minutes ago, Smalls said:

“Two OG rude boys”... Jesus feldmann is a tool. I’ve always liked tom more than anyone else in the blink camp cause he marches to the beat of his own drum and he doesn’t give a fuck about being “cool” in others eyes. If he thinks it’s cool, then in his own eyes he cool. There’s a lot to be said for that, even if I don’t always think toms making the right decisions for himself.

Crazy Tom only serves to endear him more to me. I love the guy, been an idol of mine since Enema.

6 hours ago, knapton said:

Whos benifited more from the whole Blink thing, Skiba or Feldman?

Blink, Skiba and Feldmann. IMO.

Blink came back from the dead to the 'relevance' again. Skiba went from being a total unknown musician (except for AK3 fans or old fucks that were aware of the scene back in the day), to front a band as blink, whith way more public attention; and Feldmann, although being one of the most famous producers of the industry right now, now has attacked his name to this band. So is a WIN-WIN-WIN situation for all parts in terms of relevance, visibility and, of course, money.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Blink, Skiba and Feldmann. IMO.

Blink came back from the dead to the 'relevance' again. Skiba went from being a total unknown musician (except for AK3 fans or old fucks that were aware of the scene back in the day), to front a band as blink, whith way more public attention; and Feldmann, although being one of the most famous producers of the industry right now, now has attacked his name to this band. So is a WIN-WIN-WIN situation for all parts in terms of relevance, visibility and, of course, money.

That's well-said, however I think Feldmann is the only one who has come out with more credibility than he had before. He had success with shitty pop bands and now he gets to glom onto the Blink name and it probably feels pretty cool. Blink and Skiba both got a bigger taste of pop relevance/visibility/money but it seems like their reputations among hardcore fans took a hit from the Cali era. I know that's something this board will never see eye to eye on haha but that's DEFINITELY the sense I get from the outside world.

5 hours ago, Champ182 said:

That's well-said, however I think Feldmann is the only one who has come out with more credibility than he had before. He had success with shitty pop bands and now he gets to glom onto the Blink name and it probably feels pretty cool. ......

Blink and Skiba both got a bigger taste of pop relevance/visibility/money but it seems like their reputations among hardcore fans took a hit from the Cali era

. I know that's something this board will never see eye to eye on haha but that's DEFINITELY the sense I get from the outside world.

Blink in their prime starting  1999-2000s were bigger than alot of people you would call big these days ...they were massive!

Getting a grammy nomination and being relevant for a few months was nothing compared to then...

And skiba was big in alkaline trio he wasnt just a nobody that hit the big time with blink lol he might of got a big payday from touring but the casual blink listener wouldnt even notice that skiba isnt tom

• Like 1

16 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Blink in their prime starting  1999-2000s were bigger than alot of people you would call big these days ...they were massive!

Getting a grammy nomination and being relevant for a few months was nothing compared to then...

And skiba was big in alkaline trio he wasnt just a nobody that hit the big time with blink lol he might of got a big payday from touring but the casual blink listener wouldnt even notice that skiba isnt tom

Well, that's exactly what I was trying to say. I never measure artists by commercial success or impact. But people do. And Alkaline Trio, compared to Blink, was almost nothing (and I'm a huge AK3 fan since yesteryear).

17 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Totally agree, I don't mean they became more relevant than EVER, just more relevant than the dead-period that preceded California, and the really slow crawl of the Neighborhoods era that didn't produce giant hits like Bored To Death (or their old even bigger hits).

On 2/23/2018 at 11:21 AM, Nshesaid said:

It's really sad that Bored to Death has now become a time indicator in my life and will soon be known as 'remember that time Blink 182 made another song?'.

Time goes by so fast

Yep, because I had just recently discovered Neighborhoods and DED after forgetting blink after the Up All Night release. Dove into The Dreamwalker like crazy, even though I knew Skiba was in the new lineup. I anticipated Bored to Death so much. I remember the apartment I lived in at the time, the courses I was taking, my development as a person, my family dynamics. It hasn't really been that long, but it sort of has.

• Like 1