New Feldmann Topic

Ghent

Just now, knapton said:

I get some people liking the fact that they went back to a more poppy sounding pop punk, thats fine.  I Get that you enjoy some of the songs, i do too. But the fact that Ghent is so against anyone who speaks anything bad on it or complains is crazy.  Hes either bumped his head or the whole bro code thing that Oliver knows Tom cheated on his wife is actually that Ghent told Oli that Tom slept with Ghents wife and thats why he so totally defends this garbage that is now called Blink 182.

LOL!

I guess I don't understand Blink's mindset.

If I love making music, and I have made millions and achieved their success; why not switch gears and just make music? Why does it need to be music business?

You have a loyal fanbase, studio time is not at all that expensive. So you cobble and few helpers together or whatever, and you focus on the right stuff, making music.

Why does it have to be this writer for hire factory produced suit and tie bullshit? Is it that they actually no longer enjoy making music and just want music business? They just want people jerking them around this way or that way? At this stage of their life and their career, why do that to your band and to yourself?

If I was in Blink my first step would be to fire Feldman, call up the guys, and we'd sit in a rehearsal space, alone, and we'd make music, and thats it, if its not great, who cares? Its sincere.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

If I was in Blink my first step would be to fire Feldman, call up the guys, and we'd sit in a rehearsal space, alone, and we'd make music, and thats it, if its not great, who cares? Its sincere.

What guys? At this point it sounds like it's only Mark and Travis in the band.

And also, Mark seems to have confidence issues with his writing so he would probably spiral into a dark place if they released something that got horrible reviews.

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

If I love making music, and I have made millions and achieved their success; why not switch gears and just make music? Why does it need to be music business?

You have a loyal fanbase, studio time is not at all that expensive. So you cobble and few helpers together or whatever, and you focus on the right stuff, making music.

Why does it have to be this writer for hire factory produced suit and tie bullshit? Is it that they actually no longer enjoy making music and just want music business? They just want people jerking them around this way or that way? At this stage of their life and their career, why do that to your band and to yourself?

Illuminati.

Look into Feldmann's eyes.  The industry has them by the balls. 

• Like 1

I haven't been on this board for too long, but I really find the contrasting opinions interesting. From the first time I listened to California, I was disappointed. It wasn't at all what I expected and wasn't the direction I think Blink should have gone. I think Mark and Travis are selling themselves short with how they've treated Blink since Neighborhoods, and I'd love to see what they could do with Matt as a primary songwriter instead of Feldmann. I really don't like how Feldmann is doing the same stuff with so many bands and how it's become painfully obvious.

Having said that, I still enjoy Cali and DLX. They're catchy, replayable songs for me that I associate with two good summers in a row. It's enjoyable to me, but I still wish for more. Blink used to stand for more than they do now and Tom definitely called this happening. I also love AvA, but Tom is crazy and I wish he'd just make music again.

I gotta say though, there's a lot of people here who've decided to die on their respective hills no matter what and it's entertaining at the very least.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Olidamus said:

100% agree with you. I can definitely understand the allure of knocking a big single out of the fucking park like they did with Bored To Death, it probably felt amazing to be back on top especially after a decade of drama. But if they keep going back to the formula and trying to get more radio hits instead of writing personal music from the heart, the songs will suffer more and more.

I'm really excited to get more info about this new album and what mindset they're in, if they feel good about reclaiming the pop punk throne then maybe they'll take a different strategy this time and feel comfortable going outside the formula. Ever since Mark trotted out that canned line in the Neighborhoods era about, "Tom loves stadium rock, Travis loves hip hop, and I love indie," I've always been intrigued by what Blink would sound like if they went in a more indie rock direction. Looking back now I think he was just full of shit saying that line all the time haha but I really do think they would end up having a lot more longevity and respect if they incorporated that flavor into the classic Blink formula instead of mid-2000s pop punk.

I think they already made fucking great songs that pushed into indie rock territory like I Miss You, Obvious, Down, Asthenia, All Of This, I'm Lost Without You, Kaleidoscope, After Midnight, etc so it's not like it's way out of the realm of possibility for them.

• Like 1

Just found out Feldmann produced one of my favourite albums back in my emo teens, he wasn't always shit then - for me this sounds so much better than his latest stuff, he actually lets the instruments breath a bit and it sounds so much better for it. Sure it's a bit raw but I think Blink could do with some of that. 

The two Used album he produced were great too but they shot him into super producer stardom and that was the beginning of the end.

By the way,  5SOS chose to part ways with him because they wanted to evolve and find their sound without having him as a safety net. 

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

The two Used album he produced were great too but they shot him into super producer stardom and that was the beginning of the end.

By the way,  5SOS chose to part with him because they wanted to evolve and find their sound without having him as a safety net. 

Wow, 5SOS really did that? Just confirms everything we knew about Feldman really, but 5SOS doing that makes it even more laughable about Feldman. Feldman is pretty much the Michael Bay of the music industry. Michael Bay is a shit director that knows how to make money with trash movies. Feldman is the music equivalent.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Wow, 5SOS really did that? Just confirms everything we knew about Feldman really, but 5SOS doing that makes it even more laughable about Feldman. Feldman is pretty much the Michael Bay of the music industry. Michael Bay is a shit director that knows how to make money with trash movies. Feldman is the music equivalent.

I know, right? 5sos were like puppets on a string of a corporate machine and if even they decided to make an album without him because they wanted more creative control, that says a lot about the state of his music factory. 

• Like 4

On 5/19/2018 at 1:41 PM, Nosferatu said:

Damn he totally is the Michael Bay and Tom is totally some John Travolta or Cruise who went from cool as shit star to scientologist crazy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vera said:

Damn he totally is the Michael Bay and Tom is totally some John Travolta or Cruise who went from cool as shit star to scientologist crazy.

I just burst out laughing at that scientologist comparison cause it's so true haha.

• Like 1