New Feldmann Topic

Ghent

The only super hero movies I like are Watchmen, The Dark Knight trilogy and the first Kick-Ass. X-men is solid, nothing special. Deadpool is decent IMO but it's getting way too much hype, to the point it's overrated. Definitely not boring and terrible though like I find about most super hero stuff.

I used to love super hero movies back in the early 2000s when I was like 7-11 years old. By the time the first Iron Man came out, I was already bored of them. I'd think to myself "man, there are way too many super hero movies nowadays and it's boring the hell out of me". That was in like 2007-2008. Fast forward 10 years later, I barely watch new films outside of like 2 or 4 a year because all that's ever released now are damn super hero movies.

Saw Deadpool 2 last week and the 3 trailers they showed before. All shitty super hero ones. I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. Of course, it's a marvel film but I didn't know they would only advertise their own crap. Reminded me of Tom with his AVA love shirt. Advertising the hell out of it.

As for Michael Bay movies, the only ones I find watchable are the Bad Boys movies. But i like early Will Smith movies.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I am proud to say I walked out of the first Transformers movie in 2007. Absolute shit. Everyone was like "OMG, so amazing, so cool". I was just ahead of the curve.

I was kind of ahead of the curve with Feldmann too, lets be honest everyone, when Neighborhoods came out is was like 70% loved it and only about 30% saw what Feldmann had done to this band. Oh the fights "he didn't write the music" blah blah blah.

Now everyone except Ghent and Jarjar finally figured it out.

Holy fuck!! You read the insert?!?! Straight genius right here folks...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I am proud to say I walked out of the first Transformers movie in 2007. Absolute shit. Everyone was like "OMG, so amazing, so cool". I was just ahead of the curve.

I was kind of ahead of the curve with Feldmann too, lets be honest everyone, when Neighborhoods came out is was like 70% loved it and only about 30% saw what Feldmann had done to this band. Oh the fights "he didn't write the music" blah blah blah.

Now everyone except Ghent and Jarjar finally figured it out.

smug-alert.jpg

The first Transformers was fun when it came out and thats about it. Granted it came out when I was in high school and i grew up with the shows and the toys so maybe thats why i enjoyed it. Cant stand them now though. 

Michael Bay made some damn good movies in the 90s. Such a shame. Pain and Game is a newer movie of his that I liked though. 

19 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

I would think most hardcore nerds would  think those films are too fluff for them.

Yeah no actual hardcore comic book fan is thinking the movies are amazing. They are not for nerds anymore, they're for the brain dead masses that like pretty CGI and nothing else.

Guardians Of The Galaxy movies are good though. as was Deadpool. the rest can GTFO

12 hours ago, Smalls said:

Holy fuck!! You read the insert?!?! Straight genius right here folks...

You've missed the plot here in your weird twisting attempt at an insult.

It took quite a bit of putting pieces together and it started with that. When you see his name on every song its like "hmmmmmm, I wonder how much influence he had". Then you start seeing themes in songs that Blink has never done, like "Whooooaaaa" every minute and totally in out of place spots. We know Matt didn't do that..... Then we find out the original album was scrapped.

Then just look up John Feldmann............it just snowballed from there really.

For me, there is nothing worse than like 20 minutes of plotless action that goes on and on with shit blowing up, people fighting and CGI crap. It's just bad movie making.

If you look at 1989 Batman; the climax where Batman and the Joker fight, it amounts to a few punches and tossing him off a ledge. That is FAAARRRR more effective than any of that other bullshit.

24 minutes ago, Kay said:

They are not for nerds anymore, they're for the brain dead masses that like pretty CGI and nothing else.

Funny you say that because a lady I work with has been toting her love for comic book movies lately. She brags on how she can just show up, "turn off her brain," and not have to worry about following plot details

Quite pathetic really

• Like 1

Just now, Olidamus said:

For me, there is nothing worse than like 20 minutes of plotless action that goes on and on with shit blowing up, people fighting and CGI crap. It's just bad movie making.

I can't stand it. Does nothing for me unless the action is intertwined with something in the plot I care about.

I watched Wonder Woman a few weeks ago. Actually started off pretty good. They were on the island, greek mythology stuff going on, felt like it was going to be something different. Nope, turned right into another stale movie with doofy villains and cheap action sequences

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I can't stand it. Does nothing for me unless the action is intertwined with something in the plot I care about.

I watched Wonder Woman a few weeks ago. Actually started off pretty good. They were on the island, greek mythology stuff going on, felt like it was going to be something different. Nope, turned right into another stale movie with doofy villains and cheap action sequences

That film made me actually physically angry. First female super hero movie and the film revolves around her loving some random dude. couldn't give a crap, let her just be a bad ass for chrissakes. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Are we forgetting Cat Woman? I thought that was the first super hero movie with a female lead?

giphy.gif

I mostly try to forget this film exists. 

12 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I thought it was Elektra.

This one too.

5 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

Ignorance is bliss. My brain still sees Indiana Jones as a trilogy because my friends were assholes and saw Crystal Skull without me. In retrospect I should thank them all.

Hey now Crystal Skulls wasn't that bad.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:14 AM, Ghent said:

Oh thank goodness, I'm not actually the only person who thought Wonder Woman was stupid.

I actually like superhero movies usually, but Wonder Woman did nothing for me. I wouldn't even say it's the best movie in DC's garbage "cinematic universe." The high praise it received was really strange to me. I heard nothing but good things about the movie, so when I saw it I kept waiting for "the part where it gets good." Uh, nah. Standard boring superhero movie. The "final battle" felt like the end boss in a shitty video game.

I agree though, the beginning was the best part.

• Like 1