New Feldmann Topic

Ghent

I know ghent is a feldbot.... he displays all the telltail signs..... ignore or downplay anything negative about current lineup. Everything is great and amazing with little flaws. Never agree with anyone who is critical of something. Have virtually no answer for anyone who brings up valid points.

pretty much standard faire for the bot

• Haha 1

i don't think there's anything inherently wrong with using extra songwriters. it's just that i think mark/matt were strong songwriters in their own right and they were just lazy. it's easy to go to a max martin/john feldmann and ask him to write you a hit. the other problem with california and especially cali deluxe is that the vast majority of the songs aren't good at all. i'd say the first six songs on california -- cynical > built this pool -- are pretty worthwhile, because they really do set the stage for a big, nostalgic blink comeback album, and the songs aren't that bad. then it just devolves rapidly from there IMO, and cali deluxe is the worst of the worst. another issue is that if they want to corral feldmann in for a big blockbuster comeback record that's fine. but it's looking like they're about to do it again. and it's becoming glaringly obvious matt doesn't have any say in the band... he looks miserable onstage

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, boxelder said:

and it's becoming glaringly obvious matt doesn't have any say in the band... he looks miserable onstage

This could be the start of a great fan fiction novel..continue!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I think he is just a fanboy to be honest, don't think it's an act - I think he knows it winds people up so he acts up a bit though.

Ghent has a very fanboy personality though, Blink and Star Wars 4 lyfe. 

I don't get Star Wars when Lucas isn't involved either. 

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

Speculating on the writing process based on interviews and articles = FAN FICTION

"I consider him a 4th member at this point." = NOT FAN FICTION

(just messin with ya Ghent)

Yeah I just psychologically consider him one since he is co-writing and I like him

"Oh Tom's a great guy, I mean, the album takes time, Foo Fighters have made the same progress. Tom's a great guy and all, how dare you say he just reformed Blink to promote AVA, I mean so what if he wears their shirts every night onstage. How dare you say Tom isn't into playing live with Blink anymore, so what if he puts his hat over his eyes and acts board as hell, obviously he's enjoying it sooooo much."

Then came the truth.

Then came Oliver being right for all those years.

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You tellin me Feldmann didn't write deez lyrics?

Those handwritten lyrics are awesome to see! Also I actually like those original Parking Lot lyric ideas more than what they used in the real song haha the theme of "parking lots were fun to hang out in back in the day, life was so simple back then" comes through a lot more clearly when it's simpler like that. I wonder if he made a demo version at all. I still think it would work better in past tense though, just a nitpick if I was in Feldmann's producer chair hahah.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Those handwritten lyrics are awesome to see! Also I actually like those original Parking Lot lyric ideas more than what they used in the real song haha the theme comes through a lot more clearly when it's simpler like that. I wonder if he made a demo version at all.

The song makes more sense with this in context. Aside from the weak lyrics in places, I like that song.

• Like 1

As a Feldman critic and a big one at that, I don't think he had nearly as much control of blink's album as he did over other bands he's produced. He's a co-writer sure, but I believe he suggested ideas more than anything else. I believe he didn't write a single lyric. But he definitely suggested ideas to Mark & Skiba.

He's very forward with the first thought = best thought thing and I believe Mark's lyrics have suffered as a result. He does his best when he overthinks shit. He's not the songwriter he used to be when he could just shit out a great song in 10 minutes. That was over 15 years ago. What disappoints me more than anything is how underused Skiba was. It's obvious he wrote lyrics for the album. But I can't see that he even suggested any ideas for a new song.

It's showing on this new album they're recording too. Skiba is barely there, whilst Mark and Feldman are there working together. All the evidence is pointing out that all he does is turn up to record guitar parts and told which parts to play. They may as well replace Skiba with Feldman. Feldman is more involved with blink than Skiba himself is. That's not a producer or a co-writer. That's a band member. Very misleading. Skiba is basically what that guitarist in Green Day was. What was his name? Jason? That's Skiba in blink-182. Only difference is Skiba will have some control over the lyrics/vocals, after all it is his voice they're using. All the evidence is there to show that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Those handwritten lyrics are awesome to see! Also I actually like those original Parking Lot lyric ideas more than what they used in the real song haha the theme of "parking lots were fun to hang out in back in the day, life was so simple back then" comes through a lot more clearly when it's simpler like that. I wonder if he made a demo version at all. I still think it would work better in past tense though, just a nitpick if I was in Feldmann's producer chair hahah.

Also "Fuck paradise, let's put up a parking lot" makes way more sense because it lets the Joni Mitchell reference be a Joni Mitchell reference, instead of removing the irony from it and saying "fuck this place, let's put up a parking lot" and making it weird. They probably thought teens wouldn't get the reference.

• Like 5