New Feldmann Topic

Ghent

the only logical/realistic scenarios are the following:

1) blink (or blink's management or label) already had a contract with feldmann to produce the next album before tom was kicked out. having a contract like this would have been pressure for tom to work together with the band and to keep deadlines. so this hyphotetic contract might be a turning point of the events. i'm sure if there was a chance to make compromise with tom, they wouldn't have kicked him out. (then skiba stepped in and this new situation delayed the album by a year, so after all the contract was broken, but they got rid of the responsible member.)

2) alternatively, they didn't choose a producer that early. tom's departure was not in correlation with a producer-contract, they just knew he was cancer in the band. they got skiba on board, started working together, maybe the band tried to go on the self-produced route. but the management or the label wanted a pro producer, so when the demos were done, they scheduled a meeting with feldmann. then they created a more friendly story, because they know that fans don't like when their favorite band is getting controlled by upper entities. (for me this is the most beliveable story.)

3) or maybe the management and label were out of the picture, and the "friendly story" was the truth, but with some unspoken elements. they said feldmann started to follow travis on twitter, then they talked to each other, and the conversation went to a professional level, they started working together soon after... something like this is imaginable if we're talking about a noname old friend, but when it's a well known producer, there must be an untold intention in the story: one of the parties wanted the conversation to go to the "work together" direction. and i don't think it was travis/blink, because in the preceding months they never mentioned such intention. travis works with a lot of industry big names, i bet he treats these kind of things more professionally (not like "we don't think of a producer for this album" then "we want feldmann" in the next second). and it makes no sense to work on 30 songs for months then decide to have someone who wants to start everything from 0, etc.

all in all, choosing feldmann doesn't seem like free will.

and it's strange that they keep him around. he takes a lot of creativity out of the process, and it's clearly not ideal for the band, especially for matt.

+1) the band is sponsored by kemper, and feldmann was the only pop-punk producer that time who replaced his classic amp collection by kemper amps. so maybe thay had to demonstrate the abilities of kemper on this album. (somewhat contradicting that they didn't really talk about this aspect. it was just feldmann and co who released that profile pack, so it's not that huge publicity... yet i can see this sponsorship as part of the reasons.)

• Like 1

You guys are this fired up about Feldmann on a Sunday morning?!

Keep those creative juices flowing though, your greatest material lies ahead. Just a bit of writers block lately, it will pass 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Keep those creative juices flowing though, your greatest material lies ahead. Just a bit of writers block lately, it will pass 

At least I'm discussing other potential producers that would suit Blink's style a lot better. It's a better change than the normal Feldmann bashing to consider other options.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Yes, creative juices, the things Feldy bots hate and will want auto tuned or stripped for a recycled melody from the Feldy factory.

• Like 1

I want to be fair, there are things that I like that Feldmann did, some of the songs are decent, a couple are really good. Although overused, the vocal tradeoffs are a highlight of something he did right.

But there is just far far more bad that outweighs the good.

Feldmann is not a good fit for Blink, that was cemented when I saw the video tour of his studio.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I know we disagree a lot, but seeing your message on facebook to Blink 182 was awesome.

Lol I'm glad it was actually visible, but I imagine that's just because we're friends on FB so it showed up on your news feed? 

I was pretty drunk last night and wanted to reach out to the band, but I doubt anyone really sees it. 

10 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Lol I'm glad it was actually visible, but I imagine that's just because we're friends on FB so it showed up on your news feed? 

I was pretty drunk last night and wanted to reach out to the band, but I doubt anyone really sees it. 

Its probably because we are friends and I've liked their page. Yeah, it was in my feed.

Someone might see it who works with the band, it had looked like you got a few comments on it at least.

7 hours ago, thongrider said:

Fan fiction. 

Believing what Mark, Matt, and Travis each freely say about a situation is not fan fiction. That’s logic/sanity.

If they didn’t want to be working with him they wouldn’t be starting a second album with him. And hanging out with him. 

28 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

What did you post

26 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I want to be fair, there are things that I like that Feldmann did, some of the songs are decent, a couple are really good. Although overused, the vocal tradeoffs are a highlight of something he did right.

Wholeheartedly disagree with this.  The tradeoffs are one of the biggest flaws that made me legit angry. There's not a single Mark only song.  Not a single Matt only song.  It was Mark start, then Matt, 90% of the songs, got super old and lazy real quick. Same exact format for an entire album (2) is embarrassing to release from a vet band.

Of things I like he did, I like that he went back and studied over vintage blink albums and attempted to make a upbeat summer album again. I thought that was a good idea, the execution was just flat.  Also like that he made Mark do a Tom song, and on the production side, the bass guitar was as good as its ever been. I like his passion for pop punk.  Like the quirks (Travis mistake, built  this pool) stops there for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Because nothing makes more sense than a west coast pop punk band hiring a pretentious New Jersey rock producer.

Also, 7 years older than a Feldmann. Must be a pedo.

He's from Georgia...and he's produced albums for other west coast pop punk bands like the Offspring, as well as other west coast bands like RHCP. But you're missing the point, it shouldn't matter where he's from. He makes good rock albums and has dabbled with pop-punk with quite a few bands like Offspring, MCR, etc. He seems like the most well-rounded producer for a band like Blink. 

• Like 3