'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' - Quentin Tarantino

Jan Backing Track

Idk, I'd imagine she didn't mean to exactly group him in with Weinstein or a murder attempt like the article suggested, and the responses mirroring that.

Really, who knows.  The fan in me wants to believe there wasn't any malicious intent, but we may never know the real truth.  All his movies do cater towards woman empowerment though..so if it was, I do think it's rare of him.  I only see actors praise how well he treats his actors and crew better than anyone else they've worked with.

I'll never understand those who defend Polanski. A lot of the directors (who I admire their work) who signed the letter to let him back in need to explain themselves and their position in this matter. I think it's bizarre even. He was a good director, but come on.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

http://deadline.com/2018/02/quentin-tarantino-brad-pitt-leonardo-dicaprio-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-1202306448/

Brad Pitt to be DiCaprio's long time stunt double.  Title given: Once Upon A Time in Hollywood

Set in 1969, Sharon Tate is next door neighbors with DiCaprio's character.  Love it

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 10:06 AM, _Kyle_ said:

I'll never understand those who defend Polanski. A lot of the directors (who I admire their work) who signed the letter to let him back in need to explain themselves and their position in this matter. I think it's bizarre even. He was a good director, but come on.

many are under the impression that samantha geimer was one of countless middle school-aged groupies in hollywood during the 1970s. she was already having sex, doing drugs, and hanging around those types of people. it was unfortunately very common for celebrities to do drugs and sleep with them. it is possible that geimer and her mother took advantage of the situation afterwards and claimed it was non-consensual. geimer's careless attitude toward the situation is weird as well. 

i'm not saying "if she consented to it, its okay" by any means. i think its super fucked up that a grown man would ever sleep with an underaged girl. and yeah, i know that 13 year olds can not legally give consent. people that age shouldn't even be having sex, in my opinion. and if polanski did rape her, he should be locked up. 

but this stuff was sadly the norm back then. i'm surprised this article didn't get more attention. the world worships david bowie but he was doing the same shit. 

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/i-lost-my-virginity-to-david-bowie

yep. makes it hard to be a fan of anyone but i do consider myself someone who can separate the art from the artist in some situations. polanski has made some of the best films in history. i didn't know anything about the rape case when i discovered his work. so, its really hard for me to just throw his films in the trash. i think it would be unfair to do so anyway because films are the result of so many other people working together to make it happen. they shouldn't have to suffer as a result of it. 

8 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

That's true, there's so much that goes into music, film besides just the head honchos.

But I am terrible at separating it.  I really can't if it's for things like Polanski or Spacey... That stuff is straight human scum that doesn't allow forgiveness.  

well, thats what i find interesting. most people say that but are totally cool with worshipping people like david bowie. 

14 hours ago, Kevin. said:

many are under the impression that samantha geimer was one of countless middle school-aged groupies in hollywood during the 1970s. she was already having sex, doing drugs, and hanging around those types of people. it was unfortunately very common for celebrities to do drugs and sleep with them. it is possible that geimer and her mother took advantage of the situation afterwards and claimed it was non-consensual. geimer's careless attitude toward the situation is weird as well. 

i'm not saying "if she consented to it, its okay" by any means. i think its super fucked up that a grown man would ever sleep with an underaged girl. and yeah, i know that 13 year olds can not legally give consent. people that age shouldn't even be having sex, in my opinion. and if polanski did rape her, he should be locked up. 

but this stuff was sadly the norm back then. i'm surprised this article didn't get more attention. the world worships david bowie but he was doing the same shit. 

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/i-lost-my-virginity-to-david-bowie

I do know all of this. I still like Bowie's music and generally like him as a person. However, I think he should of been in jail for what he did. Same goes for Polanski. Guy made some stellar films but I find it all pretty revolting. I just don't see how they reconcile it all considering and would guess they've changed their tune as of late.

I would say even though she may say it was "consensual", I can't really find that to be true. She was inebriated and still a minor. Consent just isn't in the picture. Maybe it's not straight up violent rape, but it's not far. It's not even an isolated incident for him, so it's just matter of fact that they're okay with what he did and forgive him for it. The times may of been different then, but it wasn't when they signed those petitions and did his movies.

On 3/12/2018 at 11:58 AM, _Kyle_ said:

I do know all of this. I still like Bowie's music and generally like him as a person. However, I think he should of been in jail for what he did. Same goes for Polanski. Guy made some stellar films but I find it all pretty revolting. I just don't see how they reconcile it all considering and would guess they've changed their tune as of late.

I would say even though she may say it was "consensual", I can't really find that to be true. She was inebriated and still a minor. Consent just isn't in the picture. Maybe it's not straight up violent rape, but it's not far. It's not even an isolated incident for him, so it's just matter of fact that they're okay with what he did and forgive him for it. The times may of been different then, but it wasn't when they signed those petitions and did his movies.

you're right. nevermind, i agree with all of this haha

• 1 month later...

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-quentin-tarantino-leonardo-dicaprio-brad-pitt-screenplay-a8319531.html

Next Pulp Fiction sounds good to me.  Only prob is PF had little expectations which is what made it so mind blowing for many.

I have a good feeling about this one.  Dicaprio and Pitt leading it sounds too good.

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell everyone is as excited as me!

http://deadline.com/2018/05/quentin-tarantino-burt-reynolds-george-spahn-manson-ranch-owner-tim-roth-kurt-russell-michael-madsen-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-sony-1202385014/

DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Burt Reynolds, Kurt Russell, Tim Roth, Madsen

Holy shit

• Wow 1