'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' - Quentin Tarantino

Jan Backing Track

I hate all rape scenes like you do, but they dont show the rape and that scene isnt that disturbing if youve seen any Tarantino movie. The main character is technically a bad guy but hes likeable and had me rooting for him. 

Im also a huge fan of Kubrick and that movie takes place in a surreal world so it adds a different tone to everything

2 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I hate all rape scenes like you do, but they dont show the rape and that scene isnt that disturbing if youve seen any Tarantino movie. The main character is technically a bad guy but hes likeable and had me rooting for him. 

Im also a huge fan of Kubrick and that movie takes place in a surreal world so it adds a different tone to everything

I'll definitely watch it. I've been recommended it many times.

Hateful Eight is the only Tarantino movie I've found disturbing to an extent I actually disliked though.

Django, the rest, had it's moments, but could always stomach them.

Pulp, Inglourious, H8ful, Kill Bill, Django, Reservoir, Deathproof

This is my personal taste, mostly based on what I've watched the most. What I like about Tarantino is even in his lesser efforts there's usually an element that I end up loving. I think in real life he's a narcissistic asshole who I probably wouldn't ever want to meet but he knows how to direct a scene, even if he can be a bit too precious with it. His witty "realistic" dialogue is a bit outdated these days but when he's firing on all cylinders (opening scene of Inglourious) it's hard to top with the utter shit playing in cinemas these days.

• Like 1

Only thing is, Kill Bill 2 was never a sequel.. It was just a continuation or Kill Bill split up because length.. It was the same movie literally. Never thought Tarantino would do a sequel, but Kill Bill could be good.. Kinda selfishly want something more chilled out on the bloodshed after H8 & Django

34 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I really enjoy Dhango Unchained and Inglorious Basterds. 

Most of his movies are overrated and boring though.

That will earn some heat, but it's my honest opinion.

Surprised you didn't find Inglorious Basterds boring if you feel that way. It gets a lot of flack for 'talking at tables' in length.

They're long but I never find them boring, except death proof & parts of H8. I find nearly every other movie I watch boring because they simply just aren't interesting.. Even if they're short

On 8/22/2016 at 6:32 PM, Patient #48273 said:

1. Kill Bill vol. 2
2. Kill Bill vol. 1
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Inglorious Basterds
6. Django Unchained
7. Jackie Brown

And I haven't seen the others.

I just re watched Kill Bill. I do this for every Tarantino, think it's the best after watching it.. But Kill Bill might actually be his most human film, for as ridiculous as it is on the outer layer, it's  deep for a Tarantino film, and how it's about how fucked up but true real relationships are. You could feel it being a bit dated with the visuals at times (not the intentional goofy ones) but holy shit this movie is good and unique. I can see it being argued as his best.. Because he goes where he is usually doesn't go, real human emotions, he touches all of it, only done in depth with Kill Bill and Jackie Brown.  

I enjoy volume 2 more than 1 too unlike most. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

*Shameless bump

Looks like Tarantino has confirmed his next project right now he's writing on is a film based on 1970s - modern day Hollywood.. Whatever they means. He also said it may not be a movie but a podcast or book or mini series... I personally don't like the sound of this seems like no one holds him accountable anymore. Case and point, Hateful Eight could have been great if he wasn't surrounded by 'yes' men.

Pulp Fiction is one of those rare movies that you can see a billion times and it's still just as good as always, if not better. My friend actually put a post-it note on my door that said kuolleiden neekerien säilytys ("dead nigger storage"), where it remained for fifteen years until my mother sold the house.

Kill Bill 2 is probably my second favorite. It has only three "scenes" really but they're all classic material. 

Death Proof is underrated. I love it, particularly the ending where the girls

Spoiler

wreck a pitiful Kurt Russell.

• Like 1

Not to beat a dead horse. But it still bothers me why I cannot enjoy Hateful Eight much at all and honestly think it's his clear worst.  It's not the length..I can watch 6 hours straight of Tarantino. I love the actors.. Love the premise.

Death Proof I think is great for what it's going for. Underrated, it wasn't suppose to be that deep, it's aware of this. I just don't like slashers or scary movies much to begin with.

H8 seemed like he just wrote it overnight.. like he was surrounded by 'yes mans' for anything that came to mind.  When in Basterds or Pulp Fiction you can feel that he's been drawing these up his whole life. There was some heart behind all the blood.  I think h8 would have faired better in his earlier filmography, when hadn't seen Django yet.

On 28-11-2016 at 5:09 PM, Nshesaid said:

Not to beat a dead horse. But it still bothers me why I cannot enjoy Hateful Eight much at all and honestly think it's his clear worst.  It's not the length..I can watch 6 hours straight of Tarantino. I love the actors.. Love the premise.

Death Proof I think is great for what it's going for. Underrated, it wasn't suppose to be that deep, it's aware of this. I just don't like slashers or scary movies much to begin with.

H8 seemed like he just wrote it overnight.. like he was surrounded by 'yes mans' for anything that came to mind.  When in Basterds or Pulp Fiction you can feel that he's been drawing these up his whole life. There was some heart behind all the blood.  I think h8 would have faired better in his earlier filmography, when hadn't seen Django yet.

I agree,  Hateful 8 feels uninspired.