'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' - Quentin Tarantino

Jan Backing Track

53 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I didn't see hateful 8 because i heard it was no bueno.

Django was good in parts (DiCaprio scenes) but some parts felt they were ramming too much Tarentino down your throat, almost a parody of his other stuff,

Well that is the essence of H8, too much Tarantino with no restraints and comes off as parody of Tarantino more than any film prior.  To me and many others, it felt like someone else tried to write a Tarantino movie.

But, I've noticed people who didn't like Django, tend to like H8 more for whatever reason. Completely different film.

If you haven't read any of the spoilers, I'd check it out once, it will be fun to experience the turns nonetheless, I knew them going in which held it back some.

• 3 months later...

http://collider.com/new-quentin-tarantino-movie-story-leonardo-dicaprio-brad-pitt/

Script finished. Resembles Pulp Fiction most in terms if setting/style according to studios who've read it. 

Rumors of Brad Pitt, Leonardo, Margot Robbie as leads.

Budget estimate set at 100 mil.

I'm excited.  Not sure on the subject matter yet, but QT is batting like .900, mr reliable.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, MSandt said:

God I hope it's not about Manson. Turning a subhuman scum who had pregnant women stabbed to death into entertainment for the masses would just suck.

Doesn't look like that is the focus.. Just part of the story.

Also, I felt the same prior to Django involving slavery and IB involving holocaust/Hitler.

Ended up not having an issue with his use of either 

On 11/14/2017 at 5:36 PM, MSandt said:

God I hope it's not about Manson. Turning a subhuman scum who had pregnant women stabbed to death into entertainment for the masses would just suck.

Don't watch Zodiac. Or the show Mindhunters. Or Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Or the upcoming Ted Bundy film supposedly starring Zac Efron.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Speedo said:

Oh, joy. Another Star Trek movie.

They've had a weird run. the first one was fun in a nostalgic way, the second one kind of blew, the third one was better than I expected - it felt like a standard episode of star trek turned into a film and I liked that about it, it lifted right out. no idea why they're doing a 4th one though, I didn't think there was that much interest.