'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' - Quentin Tarantino

Jan Backing Track

52 minutes ago, OliverJudy said:

I thought throwing a can of dog food was hilarious

Yes, that was my favorite part. Brad Pitt rifling a dog food can at a girl's face.  That I can jive with.

32 minutes ago, Speedo said:

You know what I appreciate most about Tarantino? His music choices, I feel like that's underappreciated. 

Then watch this movie already, it's insanely detailed down to the radio stations of the 60s and up there soundtrack wise.  I'd say Jackie Brown is the best soundtrack, and part why I didn't love H8 was part because he didn't do his own music and used a score.  Although the exorcism theme and the Jack White song was a nice touch.

24 minutes ago, Matt Skiba > Brian May said:

Yes, that was my favorite part. Brad Pitt rifling a dog food can at a girl's face.  That I can jive with.

Then watch this movie already, it's insanely detailed down to the radio stations of the 60s and up there soundtrack wise.  I'd say Jackie Brown is the best soundtrack, and part why I didn't love H8 was part because he didn't do his own music and used a score.  Although the exorcism theme and the Jack White song was a nice touch.

I don't really go to the movies anymore, every time I go something stupid happens and I get angry.

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't really go to the movies anymore, every time I go something stupid happens and I get angry.

Stream it.  I would agree.  People are morons at the theater 90% I go.  I don't know what bothered me more, the old man munching loudly on buttery popcorn behind me, the couple in the back chatting the whole time, or the fucking applauding after scenes.

The fucking applauding.

Maybe that's why I was so #offended

21 minutes ago, Justice4Mike said:

Stream it.  I would agree.  People are morons at the theater 90% I go.  I don't know what bothered me more, the old man munching loudly on buttery popcorn behind me, the couple in the back chatting the whole time, or the fucking applauding after scenes.

The fucking applauding.

Maybe that's why I was so #offended

I always end up sitting right next to some dolt who needs to talk the whole fucking time, or the mongo who laughs like a fucking retarded hyena at everything, or the asshole who can't stop pushing the back of my seat with their stupid fucking feet ... a lady behind me once yelled at me for being on my phone before the fucking previews even started ... the fucking lights were on for fuck sake ... ask @Ari how movies with me go, he'll tell you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I'd rather have that than some dude taking pictures of himself during the movie. that happened in US this year.

This is why everyone should get 3 free kills, I've been saying that for years. Sure, I'd be dead almost immediately but so would a lot of other assholes and this world would be a better place.

4 hours ago, Speedo said:

I always end up sitting right next to some dolt who needs to talk the whole fucking time, or the mongo who laughs like a fucking retarded hyena at everything, or the asshole who can't stop pushing the back of my seat with their stupid fucking feet ... a lady behind me once yelled at me for being on my phone before the fucking previews even started ... the fucking lights were on for fuck sake ... ask @Ari how movies with me go, he'll tell you.

Do y ou remember what me, you and the wife saw last time I was there in theaters? You looked so out of your element at the movies by the way lol. 

I like it much better after sitting on it, rewatching without expectations going in and just watching not so much a Hollywood movie but more a manifesto of sorts? Character study and weird birds eye view of these characters? Still think it drags..still pretty damn great

Don't want to rank it just yet but..

Pulp Fiction (11/10)
Inglorious Basterds (11/10)

Jackie Brown (9.5/10)

Kill Bill 2>1 (9.5/10)
Django Unchained (9/10)

Once Upon A Time (8.5/10)
True Romance (8/10)

Reservoir Dogs (8/10)

Dusk Till Dawn (7/10)
Death Proof (7/10)
Hateful Eight (7/10)

Saw it yesterday. Movie was just OK to be honest. No real story line or progression... felt like hanging out with Leo and Brad Pitt.

Leo carried the movie, super charismatic and funny! When he started crying or complaining about hippies I lost it lol. Brad was decent as well.

But it was too long! Did we really need to see Leo acting in his Western movies. Could've easily cut 30 min. Why was Margot Robbie in this?

Ending was epic. Haven't laughed that hard in a loooong time lmfao.

7/10

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Saw it yesterday. Movie was just OK to be honest. No real story line or progression... felt like hanging out with Leo and Brad Pitt.

Leo carried the movie, super charismatic and funny! When he started crying or complaining about hippies I lost it lol. Brad was decent as well.

But it was too long! Did we really need to see Leo acting in his Western movies. Could've easily cut 30 min. Why was Margot Robbie in this?

Ending was epic. Haven't laughed that hard in a loooong time lmfao.

7/10

Let us know if it grows on you.. the lack of storyline kind of throws off the first viewing.

Agreed on the rest. I liked the Leo movies though.

• 1 year later...

@Speedo

I finally re-watched Hateful Eight, Extended Edition, after disliking the hell out of it upon release (and several more attempts that year) and now it's one of my favorite movies lmfao.  Idk if it was the extended cut or just not having expectations but I fucking loved it this time.  The extended edition had so many funnier lines in it and watching it on my little projector just felt super cinematic.  

Re ranking:

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Inglorious Basterds

3. Kill Bills

4. Django Unchained

5. Jackie Brown

6. Hateful Eight

7. Reservoir Dogs

8. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

9. Death Proof

Maybe Once will grow on me as well.. Hateful Eight is so damn hilarious though. It was like a dark ass/gallows comedy.