'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' - Quentin Tarantino

Jan Backing Track

49 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

At least it wasn't a revenge movie. Oh wait, it was.

The greatest revenge story teller can't write revenge stories?  I hate this criticism. Kill Bill, 1/3 of Inglorious Badgers 1/2 of Django unchained was revenge and some of the best revenge EVER.  

Kill Bill was the only one based solely on revenge.  Others had aspects of it 

Just now, Nshesaid said:

The greatest revenge story teller can't write revenge stories?  I hate this criticism. Kill Bill, 1/3 of Inglorious Badgers 1/2 of Django unchained was revenge and some of the best revenge EVER.  

Kill Bill was the only one based solely on revenge.  Others had aspects of it 

I like movies.

48 minutes ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

You guy's are a bunch loons!

You know what rhymes with 'hate' and 'eight'?

Great.

Which is what that movie was ... suck it, losers.

I think I might watch it again tonight. That would be the 6th time in full.  I won't give up on it yet, I can't. But it's clearly not resonating with certain Tarantino fans. Strange that the one with my favorite cast, is my least favorite.  It's just so uninspired and pointless though.. his ego tripped out too hard in this one.

It is interesting though that a layer of H8 is basically Tarantino predicting the future with our nation's current age divide resembling that of the Confederate/union days..

1 minute ago, Nshesaid said:

It is interesting though that a layer of H8 is basically Tarantino predicting the future with our nation's current age divide resembling that of the Confederate/union days..

I wouldn't get that philosophical with it ... the dude just likes to throw out the word 'nigger', does it in every movie.

20 minutes ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

I wouldn't get that philosophical with it ... the dude just likes to throw out the word 'nigger', does it in every movie.

Lol why did you enjoy H8 so much?

I was talking more specifically how the movie dealt with the themes of it, not just the word. Like Tim Roth dividing the room by regions.  The whole come together despite race to bring down a 'greater evil' (that they poorly displayed in the movie.. We didn't even see her do much to deserve the worst)

The whole forcing a blowjob to a racist white guy to anger white ppl.  (I think?)

The whole anti feminism of the movie.. Making it 'equal' for women, equal to deserve punishment as well .. 

These are today's themes.

• 7 months later...

Looks like his next movie is about the Charles's Manson murders.

http://variety.com/2017/film/columns/quentin-tarantino-does-charles-manson-1202496556/

Not sure how I feel.. on one end it sounds like it could be a possible return to his early prime days, dealing with less stylized substance... On the other, I'm not super interested in the subject matter and was hoping for a change from the off-putting violence after H8, and feel like this is the biggest excuse for some rough violence.

I never want to doubt Tarantino, he's only disappointed me once with H8, which still was half great, but we will see. 

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

Hateful Eight was fantastic. You're a pansy. 

"off-putting violence" 

Jesus, Jan, it's not Fried Green Tomatoes. 

Barfing on faces and watching a brain covered girl hang to death was off putting. It just seemed desperate and tasteless for a usual master with it.

Kill Bill (entirety) is probably my favorite Tarantino movie, Pulp & Basterds next.  I'm not put off by violence, it's just the way he made Hateful Eight.  Half of it was excellent, atmospheric and hilarious, awesome cast, then half of it was just a director surrounded by yes men & smelling himself too much. I've given it like 10 tries.  It's long as shit too for a small story.