'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' - Quentin Tarantino

Jan Backing Track

https://news.avclub.com/like-everyone-else-al-pacino-has-signed-on-for-the-new-1826667908

2/28/18 http://deadline.com/2018/02/quentin-tarantino-brad-pitt-leonardo-dicaprio-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-1202306448/

Leonardo DiCaprio To Star In Quentin Tarantino’s New Movie

http://deadline.com/2018/01/leonardo-dicaprio-quentin-tarantino-manson-movie-casting-1202241971/

The movie will take place in 1969 Los Angeles.  Margot Robbie has been rumored to play a major role, as well as Tom Cruise & Brad Pitt.  The story is rumored to be about an aging television actor and his stuntman, set in 1969 LA, desperate to break onto the big screen, with the Manson murders providing a backdrop.  Al Picino recently rumored to have recently written a role specifically for.

Tarantino also set to direct the newest Star Trek movie with a collaboration of writers

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-screenwriter

Not too much is know yet about Tarantino Trek, outside that it will be rated 'R' and The Revenant screenwriter Mark L. Smith will be writing the script alongside Tarantino.

Both expected to release in 2019.  Color me FUCKING EXCITED.

My Rankings so far:

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Kill Bill vol. 2

3. Inglorious Basterds

4. Jackie Brown

5. Django Unchained

6. Kill Bill vol. 1

7. Reservoir Dogs

8. True Romance

9. From Dusk Till Dawn

10. Hateful Eight

11. Death Proof

12. From Dusk Till Dawn

I know it's only #6 on yours, but I'm at unease for how much I did not like Hateful Eight. Idk why, I've seen it 7 times now in full, and still can't put a reason to why.  I see plenty say it's his best since the 90s. Maybe I anticipated it too much (something I did not do with California).

Really bothers me.  I felt like he was doing things without purpose this time, like abusing the girl, just to shock or be edgy, but not like in the past where it was strategic and had some taste to it (like tongue in cheek, why am I cracking up at Marvin's head being blown off). That and not having his editor around showed.  This coming from a huge fan. I've been trying to force myself to like it this summer and can't.

Pulp Fiction & Basterds are my two favorite movies ever. Django top 10. Kill Bill & Jackie Brown top 20.

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Django Unchained

3. Kill Bill Volume 1 & 2

4. Inglourious Basterds

5. Reservoir Dogs

6. Jackie Brown

7. Hateful Eight

Never seen Death Proof, so I won't rank that one. Tarantino is my favourite director. Although I enjoyed Hateful Eight, I was disappointed. He could've done so much better. Jackie Brown is a very good movie to me but the others are just fucking classics.

• Like 1

1. Pulp Fiction - my favorite film of all time, everything is perfect except for the hotel scene between Butch and Fabienne.

2. Inglorious Basterds

3. Hateful Eight - maybe it's because it's his first movie I've seen as a fan, his first movie I've seen in theaters, etc. but I seem to be loving this one more than most people.

4. Kill Bill Vol. 1

5. Jackie Brown - different, but very underrated imo.

6. Django Unchained

7. Kill Bill Vol. 2

8. Resevoir Dogs - gotta give this one another try, I don't know why I don't love it as much as I think I should.

9. Death Proof - being a tribute to exploitation films doesn't make this any better. The only Tarantino film I don't enjoy. 

Edit: Every time I see threads like this I find it remarkable how different everyone's orders of his movies can be. Everyone can appreciate their own things in his movies and that's awesome to see.

@Harry Potter. agree with pulp fiction, only scene that isn't perfect is the hotel scene... Still in my entire life, I've yet to see another film where EVERY scene is just so great. Near perfect film, my personal favorite. I am curious to what H8 would be like as an early view in his filmography.. I've tried that angle and still can't like it. Curious as to why you did so much. Reservoir Dogs is hard to enjoy as much as a later view.

You all should check out True Romance. A movie he wrote, probably on the Jackie Brown level, very well done. One scene in there may be his best honestly (Sicilian scene with Walken and Douglas)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

I know it's only #6 on yours, but I'm at unease for how much I did not like Hateful Eight. Idk why, I've seen it 7 times now in full, and still can't put a reason to why.  I see plenty say it's his best since the 90s. Maybe I anticipated it too much (something I did not do with California).

Really bothers me.  I felt like he was doing things without purpose this time, like abusing the girl, just to shock or be edgy, but not like in the past where it was strategic and had some taste to it (like tongue in cheek, why am I cracking up at Marvin's head being blown off). That and not having his editor around showed.  This coming from a huge fan. I've been trying to force myself to like it this summer and can't.

Pulp Fiction & Basterds are my two favorite movies ever. Django top 10. Kill Bill & Jackie Brown top 20.

It's not nearly as good as Django, that's definitely his best movie since the 90s, probably his second best overall (just after Pulp Fiction).  But I loved Hateful 8, much more than Inglorious Basterds, to me that was the letdown of his that so many other people seem to really love.  It was enjoyable, but definitely one of his weaker movies.  My order is something like:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Django Unchained
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Kill Bill vol. 1
5. Hateful Eight
6. Kill Bill vol. 2
7. Inglorious Basterds
8. Deathproof
9. Jackie Brown

Let me make something clear though, I love Jackie Brown, there isn't a movie of his that I don't like.  His quarter of Four Rooms is fantastic, too bad the rest of the movie isn't up to par with his part (though I do like Rodriguez's portion a lot as well).

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I enjoyed Reservoir Dogs more than Pulp Fiction tbh

I sometimes feel that way.  Both are fantastic early films, and depending on my mood, I may be more interested in seeing Reservoir Dogs than Pulp Fiction, but I'd say most of the time I'm more interested in seeing Pulp Fiction again.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

I had a great time watching H8. Laughed my ass off at a lot of it. So much hate!

It was indeed hilarious at times. But it should have just stuck with that, being all farcical and a F'd up situation, especially for OB lol.  Where it bothered me was how it didn't stick with this, which worked with these actors, and instead tried being serious, really bleak, or edgy at times out of nowhere which was just confusing or not making up it's mind. This worked in Django and Basterds because it switched settings, but here it was just odd to me and not enjoyable.

45 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds are the only Tarantino films I've ever seen.

*spreads arms in surrender, preparing for the firing squad*

Jeez dude did you like them? Is so I'm envious of you as you have at least a good 3-4 watches each for Django, Reservoir Dogs, 1-2 for Kill Bill, Jackie Brown. H8 would be fun if you don't know anything about it too probably.

I was like you once..saw Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill a couple times. Then I 'got it', the genius behind these films and watched all of them like 5 times. So good. Most are better on second view too because it's hard to process wtf happened in some of these films (like Django shootout) (basterds ending) (all of H8 cabin mystery)

@M!ke crazy because I truly find Inglorious better than pulp fiction at times, go back and forth totally different though. I just think he nailed it with mix of comedy, tension, entertainment, action, music, plot intersecting, etc.  It was just so entertaining and cinematic. I think it depends on what clicks to your humor. I loved the farcical feel to the macho American mission mixed with the cinema history and loved Shoshanna.  Christoph walz performance is the best villain I've ever watched. 

Django was equivalent in greatness to it until,  yes I'll be that guy, the ending dragged one act too much. 

Pulp ultimately I think it's better because there's almost no flaws to it, and completely unique to anything before.. So was Basterds, but Pulp was even more unique.

19 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

@M!ke crazy because I truly find Inglorious better than pulp fiction at times, go back and forth totally different though. I just think he nailed it with mix of comedy, tension, entertainment, action, music, plot intersecting, etc.  It was just so entertaining and cinematic. I think it depends on what clicks to your humor. I loved the farcical feel to the macho American mission mixed with the cinema history and loved Shoshanna.  Christoph walz performance is the best villain I've ever watched. 

Django was equivalent in greatness to it until,  yes I'll be that guy, the ending dragged one act too much. 

Pulp ultimately I think it's better because there's almost no flaws to it, and completely unique to anything before.. So was Basterds, but Pulp was even more unique.

Meh, to each their own.  I found Inglorious to be severely overrated in my opinion.  I think Django is absolutely the best of his most recent three which all seem to share the same kind of tone it seemed to me.