'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' - Quentin Tarantino

Jan Backing Track

14 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

just seems exaggerated by you in one thread, then you suck QT's dick all up in this one. just curious.

Because Tarantino hasn't been accused of sexual assault? Are you this retarded? 

It's not exaggerated by me in the slightest, what bubble do you live in? The allegations have been coming out by the day. 

19 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Because Tarantino hasn't been accused of sexual assault? Are you this retarded? 

It's not exaggerated by me in the slightest, what bubble do you live in? The allegations have been coming out by the day. 

I'm not retarded because you seem to think Hollywood is about to crumble, but in thread over you are peeing your pants over QT and the Hollywood elite. It just seems strange to me.

55 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I'm not retarded because you seem to think Hollywood is about to crumble, but in thread over you are peeing your pants over QT and the Hollywood elite. It just seems strange to me.

What do you mean about to crumble? Again, what rock is it you live under? They've been in the limelight for months now, and it has hardly slowed down. Doesn't mean they all of a sudden can't make movies by the guys still clean. That's like saying NFL can't keep playing football because they've lost a lot of support.

This is just exposing right now that you are a partisan hack, because what I'm doing, not making everything black and white confuses you.

I'm a big fan of film, Hollywood doesn't equal film..moron.  Tarantino is most definitely a Hollywood elite.. Doesn't automatically make him a rapist like you are implying, each director is an individual you know.. Additionally, he has been the most honest one of the situation, also empowers woman in all his films and could be labeled a feminist.  If actresses are willing to come out on Harvey, one of Hollywood's biggest producers, I'm confident they'd come out on Tarantino, a guy who makes one film every 3 years with the same actors, too if anything has happened.

Yes, it is a figure of speech.  Learn it.

Hollywood has absolutely hit the shitter with all the allegations and actors/producers going down like flies.  It doesn't mean the clean ones can't make movies anymore.. if anything the opposite. 

You realize if Kevin Spacey gets caught for diddling, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy a movie by the Coen Brothers..who aren't casting Kevin Spacey? Comprendè?

But saying the industry being in shambles is. It seems to be doing just as fine, if not better. The people running that show who have dirt on them (which I'm sure there are plenty that haven't been illuminated with the rest) are probably still in power and still making the next big blockbuster. Kevin Spacey is just a drop in the bucket.

Misinformed you are sir.

Kevin Spacey - dropped from House of Cards and is being edited out of his most recent big budget film.

Weinstein - dropped from his production company, same company lost out on Tarantino's next film, basically all director that normally used him

Ed Westwick - career over momentarily

Everyone else accused of sexual assault/predatory behavior - careers done for a while.

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like you can chalk up Leonardo Dicaprio confirmed as a major role so far.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/leonardo-dicaprio-quentin-tarantino-manson-movie-casting-1202241971/

Not a giant Leo fan, but Tarantino got a stellar performance out of him in Django.  Leo hasn't made a movie since Revenant either, so you know this must be good.  I hate the wait, but damn I am excited.  

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

@Nshesaid have you read this yet?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/opinion/sunday/this-is-why-uma-thurman-is-angry.html

It's going to make the Kill Bill movies harder to enjoy in the future.

I've been waiting for this, thanks.  I've said it a few times before, Kill Bill as a whole might be my favorite movie all time, I love it.  I actually have been waiting the past couple weeks for February 1st for it to come back on Netflix.

So this sucks.  Definitely can't enjoy it until at least Tarantino responds to this story regarding the crash and I hear what he has to say and I'm bummed he's now getting some ugly on him too. Not sexual, but still f'd up. I was worried about it, but I thought he was in the clear after all these actresses came out who have worked with him..  I was hoping, the 'woman empowerer' Tarantino is, would have done more than just confront Weinstein. He did admit he wishes he did more before this story.

I need to digest it more, it could be true Tarantino didn't know the car was rigged and was being his passionate pushy self that most actors seem to always admire. I don't think he tried to kill her, but I don't think it's right in any way that he didn't use a stunt double when she requested it. It seems fishy too.  The spitting, choking shit is weird too, but I've heard directors doing this shit, and they do get paid millions to get spat on. 

My gut is, sadly, telling me that after Tarantino confronted him, he threatened Tarantino's career too.  Tarantino was known by this point, but Weinstein was still supplying the money and Kill Bill was his first big budget film.  I bet Tarantino cowered down at this point and kept quiet.  The car accident thing is yet to be determined. Or Tarantino was straight in on it all and helped Weinstein get what he wanted, which would be devastating. Can't forgive that.

Can I be honest though? The way this article was written annoyed the piss outa me.  Why is it structured so oddly? Just tell us what happened and more clearly. Felt like I was reading a Shakespeare play or something fuck.