American Football. NCAA/NFL

Chewy030

There's advantages to both sides. If the Chiefs stop the Patriots then they just need a FG. Also the 2nd team has the advantage of being able to go for it on every 4th down if they're down by a FG. 

The moral of the story is to win in regulation. Its never going to be fair. If they changed the rule and team 1 gets a TD, then team 2 matches them with a TD, then team 1 scores again is it unfair that team 2 doesnt get the ball back to match a second time? 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Chrisx37 said:

Not a football fan but that overtime rule seems kinda unfair. Why do the Chiefs not get the same chance to score a TD just because they lost a coin flip?

You used to be able to win on just a field goal. That was unfair.  Touchdown is fine imo. 

• Wow 1

3 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

There's advantages to both sides. If the Chiefs stop the Patriots then they just need a FG. Also the 2nd team has the advantage of being able to go for it on every 4th down if they're down by a FG. 

The moral of the story is to win in regulation. Its never going to be fair. If they changed the rule and team 1 gets a TD, then team 2 matches them with a TD, then team 1 scores again is it unfair that team 2 doesnt get the ball back to match a second time? 

That's kinda contradicting your point?  Pats couldn't win in reg. time either.  Yet a flip of a coin determines it?
I just don't understand why in the reg. season games, both teams got a possesion, but not in OT?

Both games had terrible calls that in-turn determined the outcomes. 
The one in the Saints game will go down as one of the worst no-calls ever.
And roughing the passer call that went against KC was ridiculous.  Didn't even make contact with the head.  It was his shoulder.

So glad I have to work this Superbowl. Because this is the least interested I have been in years now.
Couldn't give a fuck about either team.  

The coin flip has too much weight, but it's still about as fair as you can make it now at least.  I guess you could give them one more shot to 'match' but think how long that could drag on.

Get a stop and you have a golden chance to win it. Getting a touchdown first drive is really difficult

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

The Saints won the coin toss and lost. Scoring a TD first possession isn't even close to automatic. If you give it up, you should lose

There were a ton of OT games this year and I know for a fact, both teams got the ball in most of those

Well the Saints did get royally screwed but Brees and Brady are going to make it look easy they live for that OT drive.  In most cases if my defense was good I'd be just as confident in a stop and kick.

I still don't get what Saints kept passing.  They could have ran off nearly the entire clock.

• Like 1

Brady loves the game.  He was like the second to last pick in the draft.  He always wins on dramatic comebacks.  I have nothing but respect for him and am happy for him if he wins.

That said, I have money on the line for a Rams win.  Fuck everything LA but I'll be rooting for my money.

• Like 1

I don't see the Rams holding the Patriots under 30. Last year the Eagles actually had one of the best defenses in the league and Brady shredded them. 

The Patriots defense is still iffy, but they have Hightower back this year. 

The scariest person on the Rams is Sean McVay. He's more important than any individual player they have

• Wow 1

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Liverpool are doing really well at the minute but I think they will bottle it at the business end of the season and Man City will sneak the title, what you all think?

Go watch some grown men kick some balls around with @Scott. as they pretend to get shot with the first sign of contact 

• Like 1