Scary/Halloween Music

_Kyle_

Clearly only a fraction of his fanbase though is my point, or he wouldn't be so successful.  That cult isn't THAT big.  And just because you like some of his music doesn't make you one of them. I mean he's done songs with Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Twista, even one with 2pac way back. None of them are clown worshippers.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:50 PM, Nshesaid said:

Clearly only a fraction of his fanbase though is my point, or he wouldn't be so successful.  That cult isn't THAT big.  And just because you like some of his music doesn't make you one of them. I mean he's done songs with Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Twista, even one with 2pac way back. None of them are clown worshippers.

I mean he's said he's down with the clown. Otherwise he'd be a sellout just dancing to clown music to sell to clown people. If it's not who he is, then he's worse a fraud and a faygo peddler.

On 10/3/2016 at 9:00 AM, _Kyle_ said:

I mean he's said he's down with the clown. Otherwise he'd be a sellout just dancing to clown music to sell to clown people. If it's not who he is, then he's worse a fraud and a faygo peddler.

Honestly, then it's worse. I've just listened to multiple interviews where he's said that he's a 'businessman' (of course..) and that they always buy his stuff so why not keep them around? He claims to have no idea who they were for quite some time. At least according to what I'm reading now..he does seem to flip flop a lot so we both could be wrong or right who knows.

Don't know what you mean by faygo peddler? If you mean the energy drink shit he's always advertising then yes, that actually turned me off a bit from taking him as seriously. I can see him as a sell out.  But doesn't change my mind I think he's extremely talented at writing and rapping..and that it's respected that he's a top seller all time, as an independent artist.

Like the literal fruit flavored sodas lol?

Well I went to one tech n9ne concert back in college and I remember he stopped the show at one point and started randomly pushing monster energy drinks and throwing them in the crowd.. there was a bunch of monster logos on his tour bus and stage, I thought it was pretty lame and fucking hated it.  

Looking into this a but more, I only liked the Everready, Killer, and MLK albums he put out - they are a blast and real writing. Anything prior to that seems on that clown level and everything after seems like a straight sell out. I do not condone either of those and hate clowns, they could all be serial killers to me, even the circus ones

On 9/30/2016 at 0:15 PM, Nshesaid said:

Tech N9ne never even signed a label, ever. Completely independent artist since he started and is a top 20 highest selling hip hop/rap artist in the world... Without a label.

Idc if you like him or not you have to respect that as a music fan.

He was a part of multiple rap groups signed to labels, with one song he put out with them being his intro into the industry, really. I think his first album was actually released on JCOR records, which he was signed to, and he founded his own record label that worked alongside JCOR, under which he released his next album as well.. His first minorly successful album was released by his own label but also under MSC Music, PLUS after his first minorly successful album, he partnered with Fontana Distribution to market and distribute his albums, which is under Universal, all of which makes saying that he is completely independent and never ever had a label problematic.

He did more on his own than almost any artist, and I don't have any real problems with him, but he isn't a top 20 selling hip hop/rap artist in the world, and he wasn't entirely without help.

Wasn't he the only independent Hip hop/rap artist to crack the Top 30 Forbes cash kings list?  With Mac Miller being a distant second closest (when he was). Can't find the article so could be wrong, but it was something like that.

I know he's by far the most successful independent Hip hop artist for a long time now, which is a feat in itself. Yes he started out way back in the early 90s trying to get on a label and then ended up going independent eventually starting his own, and has had help. 

You're correct on your breakdown, but I don't think being in rap groups is a knock, or what got him noticed, not saying you're claiming that. The group song you're mentioning, Anthem is it? With Wu Tang & Eminem? I don't think that was ever anything big or got him noticed. He was making minor impact before then and I remember Everready was huge when in high school because Caribou Lou.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...