So Tom wasn't exactly lying..

Jan Backing Track

3 minutes ago, Dan2point5 said:

Sweet. And have you travelled through time from the year 2000 when that video was last relevant?

Welcome to the boards!

I'm using zero point energy. But thanks for the warm welcome.

Anyway, is that Tom DeLonge AMA legit?

Tom DeLonge AMA

It's mind-blowing stuff but also frustrating how cryptic he is. "There are good and bad gods." 

Could you elaborate?

"Trust me."

I went down a rabbit hole yesterday looking at this shit. I found this: 'Ancient aliens' built world’s first airport 7,000 years ago – Iraqi Minister

I'd like to dismiss this stuff as batshit crazy but when you have US astronaut Edgar Mitchell hitting up Hillary Clinton's campaign manager about non-violent ETI, it makes you wonder. But then Russia could have doctored the Wikileak emails. But then Tom's stuff to Podesta are consistent with what he's been working on.

I don't know who the fuck to believe.

13 minutes ago, Dan2point5 said:

Are you Tom? I think you might be. Even your username is an anagram of Tom when you turn the W upside down (and you have previous for doing that with AVA you sly rascal). 

'There are good gods and bad gods' is incorrect. There are no gods. 

I might read this later though. 

Lol no. Also interesting to note, Tom hasn't been active on social media since the wikileak dumps revealed his emails to Podesta. Weird.

5 hours ago, Dan2point5 said:

What I love about Tom is he was brave enough to give up everything he had ever worked for to go off and pursue his other passions. 

Mark however isn't even brave enough to write his own songs. 

Life's too short. Do what makes you happy. 

This is kind of what @Kaywas getting at. He didn't give up everything he had worked for to chase his other passions.. Which IS something you can respect.  Because he used Blink, something many ppl care about, and his two life long friends (seriously a friendship as long as Mark & Tom's is not something you usually fuck with) to a pretty large extent. Which looks pretty obvious that he did it to fund what he's doing. He dragged everything through a whole album and touring which is wrong. If it was because he was struggling to move on...I can kind of understand that.. But I don't think that was the case

So chase passions? Yes

Use others to do it? Nah

On 10/11/2016 at 5:22 AM, Olidamus said:

So while I think this is all just nonsense, I have a confession that the movie "Fire in the sky" is by far the scariest shit I've ever seen in my life. My dad took me to see it when I was 11 y/o and I was scared shitless, I remember laying it bed that night afraid to move, afraid to sleep.

I watched it years later thinking it was just a kid being scared. Nope. That thing scared me shitless again as an adult and I am not one to be scared. I find most scary movies are just stupid.

The movie is about a dude, getting abducted by aliens, goes missing for 10 days and then shows back up all screwed up, and the witnesses to the abduction take lie detector tests and all pass. It's a true story.

I got a story about Fire in the Sky.  It takes place in Arizona and last fall was the 40th anniversary of the incident.  I was able to go with Travis Walton (the guy who was supposedly abducted) to the place where the incident took place which was in the middle of the forest.  Talking to him, he seemed very genuine about everything...didn't seem like he was craving any attention.  He talked about how the incident ruined his life and his kids were constantly mocked and bullied throughout their life because of it.  Also, he didn't whore himself out and charge an arm and a leg for memorabilia.  I bought a Fire in the Sky poster that he signed and took a picture with me for $5 total.  I got to a lot of horror conventions with washed up actors and you could expect to spend $50-$100 for the same thing.  Whether it was aliens or not, something happened that night.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BlinkFloyd said:

I got a story about Fire in the Sky.  It takes place in Arizona and last fall was the 40th anniversary of the incident.  I was able to go with Travis Walton (the guy who was supposedly abducted) to the place where the incident took place which was in the middle of the forest.  Talking to him, he seemed very genuine about everything...didn't seem like he was craving any attention.  He talked about how the incident ruined his life and his kids were constantly mocked and bullied throughout their life because of it.  Also, he didn't whore himself out and charge an arm and a leg for memorabilia.  I bought a Fire in the Sky poster that he signed and took a picture with me for $5 total.  I got to a lot of horror conventions with washed up actors and you could expect to spend $50-$100 for the same thing.  Whether it was aliens or not, something happened that night.

Wow! Thanks for the story, that is really cool!! Part of me would have loved to have done what you did, part of me would have been scared to death I think.