The Tom Delonge Appreciation Thread

Low Value Boy

Seriously? No one has appreciated Tom Delonge since early February?

So fuck you guys but Tom singing whether young awesome sounding Tom or older mouth full of Vienna sausages Tom is emotional as fuck. His lyrics/vocals make you feel something. The newer terribly over produced Blink gives you no feeling at all.

Totally forgot that even his guitar parts (recycled or not) are magical.

Tom's music = "feelings"

New Blink = "relevance?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit Platypus, you've gone and made a damn fool of yourself.
I still stand by my point that Tom's vocals for the most part are filled with authentic emotion.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, platypus409 said:

I still stand by my point that Tom's vocals for the most part are filled with authentic emotion.

At least in AvA songs you get the impression that this is exactly what Tom explicitly believes and what he wants the listener to think, but that's also precisely the reason why they fail.

AVA puts me in a good mood too. I think that's what I like the most about it. It's not groundbreaking, it's not always that impressive, but something about the music (at least the first two albums) just had this special feeling and mood to them that I always found uplifting and I definitely used that music in the past to put myself in a better mood if I needed it. I haven't really listened to AVA in a while but I might have to give them another listen later. I think for me personally it might also have something to do with nostalgia, I got into AVA at time in my life that was important and exciting for me musically, and listening to this music now sometimes takes me back to then which is always fun.

• Like 1

The first two angels albums were epic.. loved everything about them... and then tom fuckin lost his shit(even more then the first blink breakup) he wrote two decent albums then went on this shit fuck LOVE rampage and then everything he has written since has sucked dog dick. I'd be lying my ass off if I didn't say sometimes I miss tom.. but he's a self centered weird fuck now and I personally want him nowhere near blink anymore ?

The first two angels albums were epic.. loved everything about them... and then tom fuckin lost his shit(even more then the first blink breakup) he wrote two decent albums then went on this shit fuck LOVE rampage and then everything he has written since has sucked dog dick.

I feel pretty much the same way although I thought the Chasing Shadows ep was pretty solid. I'll never understand those who absolutely despise the first two angels albums as there are so many songs that totally could have been Blink songs.

6 minutes ago, platypus409 said:

I feel pretty much the same way although I thought the Chasing Shadows ep was pretty solid. I'll never understand those who absolutely despise the first two angels albums as there are so many songs that totally could have been Blink songs.

because they're lost potential. its good ideas buried in terrible, awful vocals and lyrics, and without the influence of Mark and Travis. it's like being told "This could have been an awesome pizza, but we decided to leave off the cheese and cover it with crap instead" 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

because they're lost potential. its good ideas buried in terrible, awful vocals and lyrics, and without the influence of Mark and Travis. it's like being told "This could have been an awesome pizza, but we decided to leave off the cheese and cover it with pinneaple instead" 

Corrected it for you.

Edit: I like Parasomnia. Just appreciating Tom.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Corrected it for you.

Edit: I like Parasomnia. Just appreciating Tom.

I like that song too. the last two EPs in general were just really solid, View From Below is my jam

I feel like all the songs from Chasing Shadows feel like blink songs apart from the song Chasing Shadows itself (maybe that could've been an ending song, similar to ILWY on the American version of the smiley face album, but it would've been a little different). A couple from the Dream Walker album I felt the same about too. Overload is the most obvious example from that EP though. I'd choose Mercenaries from TDW.

19 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

AVA is one of the few bands that can put me in a good mood no matter what. So that's something I guess

Edit: He did use to sound so much better live though (just wanted a reason to throw this in here, haven't seen this vid before)

Never seen this before, but that's the best live video I've seen of Everything's Magic. Love the part with the bra too. There will always be moments where we see classic Tom DeLonge on the stage even in AVA.

I like that performance too, doctored or not. I like the guitar parts better in that version, sounds less like Anthem Part 2. 

Everything's Magic that is. That It's Hurt sounds really monotonous and boring. 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Don't want to hold you down on this, but... dod you know those live videos were doctored in studio as fuck? Autotuned and pitch corrected Tom always sounds cool:

Hahaha dammit every time I find a good sounding video that always seems to be the case. Still a good video though

Yeah, don't get me wrong, hahaha. I kinda enjoy that concert too, but to each its own.

At the end of the day, AvA was not that bad playing live. The main problem was how bad Tom sung a lot of times. I still don't get why he wanted to use voice effects knowing how bad they sounded while singing that bad. I mean, if you hit 7 notes bad, and you apply an echo while singing them live, you'll have thousands of bad notes resonating.

But hey!!! This is a Tom DeLonge appreciation thread!!!

On 5/1/2017 at 5:44 PM, Boring.........Alright said:

AVA is one of the few bands that can put me in a good mood no matter what. So that's something I guess

Edit: He did use to sound so much better live though (just wanted a reason to throw this in here, haven't seen this vid before)

never seen this. enjoyable to hear this song performed competently