Blink 182 European Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

11 hours ago, theedge00 said:

What a cop out answer, can't believe he's blaming it on the public transit schedule lol. Start playing at 9PM then!

That girl has some balls for asking though.

That's what I said to my friend, she should be glad she's still alive haha I always complain but I'd never have the guts to say something like that to MARK in person haha

They start playing at 9 pm in fact and it's all over by 10.10 so the public transit schedule isn't really a problem, there are still buses and trains in the UK at 10.30. 

I went to Birmingham. I can't believe how well the new songs were received. Think Cynical had the biggest reaction other than ATST.

i think they should add another 3-5 songs to the set, some older Mark songs and some new Skiba songs. They were on for such a short length of time, and there was no communication or talking to the crowd. They seemed to just want to fly through the songs and get off that stage quick as possible. 

It was fun, but probably the worst blink show I've been too. Reading in 2010 was the best.

I love blink but they're awful live. 70 mins is enough of that shocking fucking setlist. None of them give a fuck about blink lets be honest. Blink back in the day with Tom pre enema would of been loads of fun but blink now? Fuck that. I wouldn't open my curtains if they were playing in my garden. 

• Like 4

The Blink show I saw last summer was really not good. The crowd was full of assholes and a lot of them were there to see the opener and just stuck around to sing ATST. Mark was the only one that talked and moved around. Matt just stood there and had no energy, his guitar tone sucked ass, and there were songs he shouted.

Because I got the VIP, and got to meet them and all of that, it was worth it, but I'd never go see them again. It's like that movie you watch and half enjoy it but would never dedicate the time to do it again.......... and that is sad considering I use to love Blink live.

16 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Exactly, I honestly thought this new Blink was in it because they enjoyed Blink. Obviously getting paid is part of it like anyone's job, but Mark's angle has been "Man I love Blink so much and we just haven't done it enough because of TOM".

But with this shitty 70 min shows, one must question that. If they are bored as hell and banging out uninspired 70 min sets complete with none of the deluxe songs, you must really being to question what this is all really about for Mark. Does he just do this now to squeeze the last few pennies out of Blink's legacy?

I try not to be overly harsh in any direction concerning Blink because I can usually see all angles of their issues, but I'm with you here. I gave Mark HUGE credit at first for wanting to continue Blink when Tom lost interest, but this is already starting to feel just as egregious as Tom's money-hungry antics. Just unbelievable that he would spout out all that nonsense about how Blink is his life and the fans deserve so much blah blah blah, and then go out and play boring as shit 70 minute sets.

• Like 2

Someone should bring it up to Travis, he will often reply on Instagram/SnapChat. Or give Mark some heat about it when he does his little Twitter Q/A's. 

Still blows my mind that they haven't even rehearsed any Deluxe songs to my knowledge. Like try them out at soundcheck for gods sake? Every soundcheck is M&Ms/Down/Anthem 2... couldn't imagine playing the exact same shit every single day.

Mark said Misery is his favorite song but you don't even attempt to play it live? Parking Lot? 6/8? Anything... it's sad because people have accepted new Blink (as others have said, the reception for new songs is unreal), but Mark's still stuck in the past. I wish they'd embrace it and play the hell out of new songs instead of making Matt scream karaoke. 

They make Matt sing songs he routinely fucks up (Anthem 2) instead of their current single HISALP or a song off their new album that came out a month ago? Like what in the fuck.

• Like 2

I remember when I saw them on the Honda Civic tour and I was in the second row of the pit and as soon as feeling this started everyone started pushing to the point we couldn't breathe. We had to crowd surf out of there after a few songs but everyone was on top of each other going crazy. Last year I'm at basically the same spot in the same venue and no one moves. They just stood there like trees the whole set and sang along. At the time I hated the fact I could barely breathe, but the energy of the crowd in 2011 was a million times better. It was shocking to me how different the fans were.

I do wonder about the energy of the crowd changing due to mobile (cell) phones. Back in 2004 for example, everyone would go nutso for every song, jumping, screaming, shouting, singing, whatever. Now that everyone and his/her dog has a phone that can record video, people - particularly the younger generation (16-25ish) - are SnapChatting/Instagramming/FaceBooking all the time and seeing the show through the screen instead of actually watching properly and having a damn good time. 

I only really noticed this properly at the Birmingham show, there was a small group of about 5/6 girls in front of me for most of the show (i'm too fucking lazy to move lol) and they were ALL SnapChatting the whole damn thing. 

8 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

For all the shit Tom has said tell me this doesn't sound like current Blink. Skip to 1:20:25. Such an insult imo but so true. And I like the Deluxe album quite a bit don't get me wrong get kinda eerie imo 

Tom can say a lot of stuff from the outside now ...but the fact is, he was the one who stopped blink 182 evolving.

He decided to be selfish and cause the first breakup citing he wanted to leave for family reasons.... When in fact he's a control freak and needs to be the one in charge ...

I don't blame mark for wanting to just play safe and earn his paycheck at all ...blink havnt been a functional band since 2004 ...so I'd be right on the cash cow right now!

But tom just talks rubbish ...his next logical step was to produce the follow up to the untitled album! ...that shit would of been big! People were starting to take blink seriously they had gained a load of new fans and produced the best music of their careers...

His brain then decides that its all down to him and his art!

So he decides to fuxk off and use all of the ideas he had for the new blink album for himself... Shows what kind of guy he is tbh...

I love the adventure and a lot of we don't need to whisper but he pretty much blew it with angels and airwaves...it shows today just how big blink were that they can still be relevant now.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

Tom can say a lot of stuff from the outside now ...but the fact is, he was the one who stopped blink 182 evolving.

He decided to be selfish and cause the first breakup citing he wanted to leave for family reasons.... When in fact he's a control freak and needs to be the one in charge ...

I don't blame mark for wanting to just play safe and earn his paycheck at all ...blink havnt been a functional band since 2004 ...so I'd be right on the cash cow right now!

But tom just talks rubbish ...his next logical step was to produce the follow up to the untitled album! ...that shit would of been big! People were starting to take blink seriously they had gained a load of new fans and produced the best music of their careers...

His brain then decides that its all down to him and his art!

So he decides to fuxk off and use all of the ideas he had for the new blink album for himself... Shows what kind of guy he is tbh...

I love the adventure and a lot of we don't need to whisper but he pretty much blew it with angels and airwaves...it shows today just how big blink were that they can still be relevant now.

They're both flawed in very different ways.

Mark gets such a pass from so many people here, sure Toms shit is more obvious but anyone who thinks Mark didn't at least play a part in the downfall of blink in its current state needs their head checking.

Hoppusbot is a real thing clearly...

17 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

They're both flawed in very different ways.

Mark gets such a pass from so many people here, sure Toms shit is more obvious but anyone who thinks Mark didn't at least play a part in the downfall of blink in its current state needs their head checking.

Hoppusbot is a real thing clearly...

Nope, don't agree. Sure, Mark clearly has confidence issues and is unwilling to progress Blink.

But Tom's idea of progression of Blink was total weird ass shit music and full control of that band. Had Mark bent over and let Tom take full control is 2004, Blink would have virtually become AVA and anytime that Mark or Travis objected Tom would have dangled the "Well then I will just quit" over their heads.

Obviously what Tom is saying about Mark is correct and had Tom gone off and done some amazing BCR/Untitled hybrid direction, he'd be a god now. But instead he just went loony tunes and is now a washed up hack.

11 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Also just came across this. Matt sounds good on guitar here. Sorry kinda drunk and all over the place with my last few posts

Man that sounds awesome! I hope I get to hear that one live some time, didn't realize they'd been sound checking it

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Man that sounds awesome! I hope I get to hear that one live some time, didn't realize they'd been sound checking it

Really? This has been around for a bit. They sundchecked it last summer at my show. Some of the VIPs formed a mock pit (since there were only like 20 people total in there), Mark looked over and laughed.

Ya know i love Blink but i gotta say i agree with most of you guys when it comes to their live show. Typically if they come within 4 hours from me i'd gladly drive to go see them but recently they've been to KC (about 5 hours) and here soon Minnesota (which is 4) and i really don't have a desire to see them. 70 minute set is a freaking joke. If you don't want to banter then fine but shit at least keep the set to 90 minuets. I enjoyed seeing them last summer but i'm  honestly not sure if i have the desire to go see them again.

It's funny we all use to blame Tom for the stale Set list granted now they're playing about 6-7 Cali songs which is nice but it's clear the setlist is all on Mark. He needs to get over the whole "i don';t wanna play long setlist" thing. 

• Like 1