Blink 182 European Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

10 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I think bands that do short shows like this, don't like performing live.

So when their shows were a mere 20 minutes longer, everything was fine and dandy, but now, because of the missing 20 minutes of Tom making an ass of himself, they suddenly hate performing?

As was already pointed out, it's mostly the banter that has been "cut". Their setlists look just as long as before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The truth comes out, The Last Train Home is about blink playing short sets so their fans can catch the last train home.

Just because you can make a joke, cheerios, doesn't mean you should. You're better than that.

6 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

I've never really stared at my watch for the sets, but I went to 3 shows recently and never felt robbed with the length. A quick search on YouTube with "full shows" from 2011 ranged from 53 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, I'm not really seeing anything over 90 minutes. Doesn't seem like this is anything new, there's plenty with Tom ranging 54 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes. Clearly they are playing to casual crowds as proven by the generic setlists, so I think 80-90 minutes is probably a pretty good set to keep people's interest level at a high. Otherwise casuals will get bored or tired when they've been at a venue for 4+ hours. 70-75 minutes is a bit quick IMO, but they are also flying through 3 minute songs with no banter in between.

I'm seeing tons of MUSE/Incubus full concerts ranging 60-90 minutes, RHCP right around 90-100 minutes, Nirvana full shows from 55 to 90 minutes... they aren't that far off. They're playing all of their hits which is probably more important to a lot of people IMO. Casual fans want to hear the hits, not 20 extra minutes of songs they've never heard which gives them a chance to go drop a deuce in the porta potty... of course as die hards we want them to play all night, but it just doesn't work that way.

I think 90 mins is fine. I would prefer 2 hours but I have no complaints with 90. Esp if the openers are good that's around 3 hours of solid music. Also most of the short ones are festival events with editing done to cut out songs. Esp the Vegas 2011 one half the set is cut. They played for right around 85 90 mins in the reunion era.

52 minutes ago, MSandt said:

So when their shows were a mere 20 minutes longer, everything was fine and dandy, but now, because of the missing 20 minutes of Tom making an ass of himself, they suddenly hate performing?

As was already pointed out, it's mostly the banter that has been "cut". Their setlists look just as long as before.

To me the 20 mins of banter was awesome. It makes a difference and was genuinely funny at the time. I didn't have a problem with live Tom as most did.

Edit: didn't read your post thoroughly  before posting. I still think they very much enjoy performing 

That Trav interview is great. Can't believe Mark think it's too early to throw ONE song in the set list from Deluxe... wow. Like seriously drop Built This Pool and Brohemian. 

And it sounded like Feldy slid into Trav's DMs and weaseled his way into producing Blink, I'd bet that was intentional.

Pretty crazy that Trav hasn't listened to +44 since it came out, but I understand with how he explained it. By the time it gets released they've heard these songs sooo many times...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Another interesting thing is did Travis say if they didn't come out with deluxe those songs would've been released as the next album 2 years down the road? Or did I interpret that wrong?

He was just saying if they didn't release them all now on Deluxe, they just would've sat on a hard drive until the next Blink release or album potentially (which is ~2 years away most likely).

I believe Mark and Matt have mentioned this as well, basically saying these songs should be released with all the others from this "California" era, as they were almost all written around the same time.

11 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Another interesting thing is did Travis say if they didn't come out with deluxe those songs would've been released as the next album 2 years down the road? Or did I interpret that wrong?

Yeh pretty scary that the deluxe would of been the new album!! Aload of recycled tracks ...

At least they can start from scratch now..

Can't believe mark doesn't want at least 1 deluxe song on the set list!! Like wtf is it that hard?? 

That interviewer was really cringe tho was hard to watch all the way through ...needed someone better to ask better questions, I feel like Travis will tell you anything if you ask..

3 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

I just asked Trav on Instagram when they are going to play Deluxe songs live and he said:

"I wish!" 

LOL. We gotta get through to Master Mark somehow, so wack.

Jesus H man..... IT's like Mark thinks no one bought it...or streamed it...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MSandt said:

Nope, I think they haven't liked performing live for quite awhile. It is just getting worse and worse.

Seeing Mark at soundcheck, he literally did not want to be there, so when the actual show came, you knew all that moving around on stage was fake as shit.

4 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Nope, I think they haven't liked performing live for quite awhile. It is just getting worse and worse.

Seeing Mark at soundcheck, he literally did not want to be there, so when the actual show came, you knew all that moving around on stage was fake as shit.

Or he doesn't like doing sound check but likes doing the show? It's a completely different thing 

Everyone says how "nice" Mark is, and to be honest, I don't get it. I really feel like his whole "carefree" attitude is one big act for the TV cameras. He was all business when I saw him behind the scenes. He reminded me of like the last person in the room who you could joke around with. Meanwhile Travis was the one laughing and having fun and winding up towels and smacking roadies in the ass.

In comes out in interviews too, like the one above. Travis kind of got hit with some tougher questions and he was totally cool with it. Hit Mark with those question and he would have been offended by them. No question. He always seems like he is on the verge of being offended in interviews.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Everyone says how "nice" Mark is, and to be honest, I don't get it. I really feel like his whole "carefree" attitude is one big act for the TV cameras. He was all business when I saw him behind the scenes. He reminded me of like the last person in the room who you could joke around with. Meanwhile Travis was the one laughing and having fun and winding up towels and smacking roadies in the ass.

In comes out in interviews too, like the one above. Travis kind of got hit with some tougher questions and he was totally cool with it. Hit Mark with those question and he would have been offended by them. No question. He always seems like he is on the verge of being offended in interviews.

Example: The Kerrang interview where they asked Mark about Tom and he just gave the vague "I don't know" response.

• Like 2