Blink 182 European Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

So people would be showing up at the gig by now, and still no post from Matt/Travis/Mark about it, or even from the official Blink Instagram page? Matt can post a flyer for his art show but can't throw up a quick "SORRY GUYS!" note to the fans? So wack IMO.

30 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

What size venues have blink been playing in the UK? The crows look pretty small from all the videos I've seen.

Manchester was downgraded to a smaller venue because of the arena still being shut. They played the Echo Arena in Liverpool and it looked near enough full. Not sure about the rest of the tour.

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

i'm sure it sucks cancelling. lame for all the fans that traveled there for sure.

soooooo did he really get rid of the mohawk??? if so... i don't think we've seen mark without a mohawk since like 2003 lol

Always reminded me way more of Jimmy Neutron than a mohawk

Dhrs75K2faED9Wr1m3FYeKLbAh3TJ7bUKH5dBEKW

Either way I really hope it's gone haha it's a bad look

• Like 1

From the pictures I saw from that night, it just looked like he had a recent haircut and thankfully the barber cut all 7 long hairs he has to a somewhat "normal" length... He still had the flipped bangs look, it just wasn't AS extreme as Mr. Neutron above which he definitely should ditch lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

If you look at Mark's recent Instagram "story" you can see that the faux-hawk is alive and well, sadly. 

He just comes across as so much older by trying to look young haha. I don't know why he thinks that's a better look than the normal look he had in the early Untitled days

blink-182.jpg

2 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

If you look at Mark's recent Instagram "story" you can see that the faux-hawk is alive and well, sadly. 

My guess is that he rocks the faux hawk to hide his receding hairline. It makes you look less bald when you spike your hair up like that for whatever reason.

• Like 1

I went to see them tonight and it was great. Looked like they were having so much fun on stage. And despite his health issues, Mark sounded good too. How did I feel during the show? I think at times it was awesome to be there, the production was great and all the songs from Enema and Take Off sounded awesome live, really. Skiba did a fucking great job with Dumpweed and Dysentery Gary, they were the best two songs of the night. Oh and we got so lucky because travis wanted blink to play Man Overboard instead of KOT tonight ♡. The crowd was better than I expected and all the new songs were well received BUT what I really have to say is that there was definitely something missing on all the songs from Untitled. I don't know if it was Tom's absence but I had this weird feeling during those songs.. I don't know how to explain it. The same thing happened during the new ones. Sober was the one that sounded better, really, and people seemed to like all of them but they didn't sound quite right to me. 
Mark and Skiba didn't talk during the show but it was fine, Mark even made the exact same joke that he made in London 3 years ago and I was like REALLY?  But other than that I don't have anything else to report. Skiba looked happy, Travis was a beast and I even got myself a setlist at the end of the show for the first time ever.

I met our boy @Thibaut182, quality guy (it was so good to meet you! I hope to see you again soon bud, I'll tell you if I ever come back to London) and one last thing: I stood outside Travis' tourbus this morning - it was around 11 am - and I fucking met him without paying all that money! He was so nice to us. Couldn't really get any better than that. I even forgive them for not playing any other old song. But I think they should focus on the Enema / TOYPAJ songs live because they were tight, they sounded amazing! 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Champ182 said:

He just comes across as so much older by trying to look young haha. I don't know why he thinks that's a better look than the normal look he had in the early Untitled days

blink-182.jpg

Used to dislike short hair Mark but I would definitely prefer that look to whatever it is nowadays.

Anybody remember that time Mark played as a Dad in a skit last year with a normal haircut and it looked so weird yet refreshing?

13 hours ago, Ghent said:

My guess is that he rocks the faux hawk to hide his receding hairline. It makes you look less bald when you spike your hair up like that for whatever reason.

Does it? Surely spiking your hair up lets others see your receding hairline. He should keep it flat. He needs to shave it like he did in the STFTK vid. 

• Like 1

@Elisa what seemed wrong with the new songs? Did they just not sound right or sound soulless or something? Understood your point with Untitled songs being weird without Tom, but trying to figure out how the new stuff sounded weird as well. That's awesome you met Trav, was there a bunch of you just waiting by his bus and he walked right over? Glad you had a good time! 

Blink's last show overseas is tonight, then back to the USA...