Blink 182 European Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

I didn't see any posts from any of them rehearsing prior... they're playing in Paris right now, so we'll find out soon enough if they added any Deluxe songs. I thought Mark said they were going to play 1-2 from Deluxe this tour, but probably not at these festival shows.

Glad to see Matt's beetlejuice pants made the trip overseas! LOL

Here's a neat video from a few days ago where Mark/Mike from Linkin Park got together to sort of (awkwardly) show how a song starts out... funny that Mark mentions him and Feldmann had a big argument over bridges, Mark said he hates writing them.

• Like 2

It bothers me greatly that it took Mark that long to realise the E string was out of tune.

As a songwriter, this was kind of hilarious to watch. I'm not into electronic music much, but despite that I have a lot of respect for Mike's process. He thinks about it simply but also the overall landscape of the song, he thinks about the mechanical elements as well as the artistic ones. This was really interesting because of his take.

It also is so goddamn telling about blinks current issues. Mark's entire role in this was to pick a couple of power chords to go over someone elses simple hook, and ask the audience for some lyric ideas. To be fair to him what he pasted together from the audience in that time was good, but in that half an hour he did very little, and he let Mike take the lead to the point where his own input was minimal. His own melodic choices as well were frankly terrible. the chorus melody was slightly better but the verse melody was nothing.

And Mike's point at the end, the story behind Yesterday, was difficult to sit through. He's literally saying, to Mark as if he'd agree, that songs need time to grow and develop and not be wrapped up in a couple of months. It's completely true.

I really hope Mark was paying attention. I don't like Linkin Park, haven't heard the new record, they're really not my cup of tea but Mike knows what he's talking about. Very interesting to see. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

Looked like M&Ms, Down, and Anthem Pt 2 at soundcheck today. If they aren't going to play any Deluxe stuff at the show, I wish they'd at least practice them during soundcheck!

I don't know why they'd practice Down at soundcheck (or even Anthem Pt. 2), is Travis playing some different than usual in like the verses or such?

Hey, that was funny to watch!

Edit: although that guitar chord progression was Bored To Death, basically, hahaha.

Edit 2: I agree @Kay, you can like LP or not. But Shinoda knows his shit. What he explained about Yesterday it's similar to what Keith Richards explains about Simpathy for the Devil. It seems like Jagger wrote a first iteration of the song that sounded very Dilan-esque. So when the band came in to jam over it, they just twisted it a lot, incorporating recent Brazil influences they collected from recent trips. The end of it all: it's not always a good idea to kept the first thing you get. It's not like you have to overthing it at all, but have a lok at it from different angles.

• Like 1