Blink 182 European Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

Cool story, seems like you might have been "that guy" though.
What I mean is, its like when there is a huge traffic jam, and there is "that guy" who thinks he is more special than the rest of the people and he can just ride his car up the shoulder.

Quite an unnecessary comment. I didn't get that vibe from his story at all.
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Matticus said:

Just got back from the Cardiff gig. I had the feeling this VIP package. I managed to have a quick conversation with Mark whilst they were preparing the photo shoot.

I asked what would they like the next album to sound like. He said he wants to try some more experimental stuff like untitled (everyone cheered).

He also said he had a problem with the Welsh language and he didn't understand why all the vowels were replaced with 'y'. Then we briefly discussed how the Welsh language kind of influenced the Elven language in LOTR.

I also asked if he saw much of Cardiff and he said he only arrived 2 hours ago. I then asked for a pic with my phone and he said sure (then everyone started asking and security had to stop it).

Had a cool signed poster that I wasn't expecting and I also had a pick. 

I went in thinking VIP won't probably be worth it, but felt very different after the soundcheck.

Probably the most fun I've had at a blink gig as I managed to get right at the front. 

A guy I know on facebook, also called Mat, posted a picture of him and friends with Mark claiming it was worth his £50 ticket, which to me suggested he didn't get the package. Either he was lying or you could have met him without the extra cash - I imagine Cardiff is the only place small enough to get away with that though. 

Still glad I didn't go, I was sick as hell yesterday. 

Frank is a joy, shame his latest album totally sucks.

Can't believe their set is only 75 mins for their headline tour in the UK, what a damn joke. 

The set list is 75 minutes because there's no banter anymore. With Tom, it was 90 minutes because they would spend 2-3 minutes between a couple songs doing jack shit just messing around. They're playing roughly the same number of songs. Just disappointing the personality of their live show is gone and they don't bother to try to replace it with something new that fits with matt.

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

The set list is 75 minutes because there's no banter anymore. With Tom, it was 90 minutes because they would spend 2-3 minutes between a couple songs doing jack shit just messing around. They're playing roughly the same number of songs. Just disappointing the personality of their live show is gone and they don't bother to try to replace it with something new that fits with matt.

Nah. They actually only did banter every 2-3 songs or so when I saw them. In fact I remember being disappointed about the lack of banter in my 2009 show. Especially compared to all the YouTube videos and MTATS. Though Tom did take 99% initiative of the crowd interaction in all 3 shows I saw, including Riotfest. I guess playing through songs as quickly as possible before the casual fans realize Matt isn't Tom is the "something new" that Mark is trying with Matt.

4 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Nah. They actually only did banter every 2-3 songs or so when I saw them. In fact I remember being disappointed about the lack of banter in my 2009 show. Especially compared to all the YouTube videos and MTATS. Though Tom did take 99% initiative of the crowd interaction in all 3 shows I saw, including Riotfest. I guess playing through songs as quickly as possible before the casual fans realize Matt isn't Tom is the "something new" that Mark is trying with Matt.

Sure comparatively, the banter post reunion was much less than the past but it was still more than today. We're talking about a fifteen minute difference in set time from 90 minutes to 75 minutes over the last decade. The times I saw them in 2009 and 2011 there were at least ten minutes of banter, but I would say it was closer to fifteen. I know that it was discussed for the 2013 shows that the banter was less and less, and that was when their set time really started dwindling. Maybe they play one song song less, they're playing more of their pop punk songs that are shorter in length and not nearly as much from untitled and neighborhoods that Tom liked to play, ten minutes less of banter, and boom the show is at least fifteen minutes shorter.

• Like 1

Not sure if they are actually on their personal tour or still doing festival shows but the setlists are exactly the same. They did add kotw back for the England show accordingto setlist.fm but that's super disappointing. Had way more variety during the summer tour last year, which admittedly was still not much 

3 hours ago, NotNow said:

Sure comparatively, the banter post reunion was much less than the past but it was still more than today. We're talking about a fifteen minute difference in set time from 90 minutes to 75 minutes over the last decade. The times I saw them in 2009 and 2011 there were at least ten minutes of banter, but I would say it was closer to fifteen. I know that it was discussed for the 2013 shows that the banter was less and less, and that was when their set time really started dwindling. Maybe they play one song song less, they're playing more of their pop punk songs that are shorter in length and not nearly as much from untitled and neighborhoods that Tom liked to play, ten minutes less of banter, and boom the show is at least fifteen minutes shorter.

Yeah good point. Plus they got rid of all the improv/jam sessions in I Miss You and STFTK so that shortens the show. It's odd how much Mark claims he loves blink and the music and the fans but then short-changes us with stale, boring concerts aimed at the casual fans. Sure, for festivals play the hits or whatever but change it up at the venue shows for our sanity. I'm not going out of my way to go to any shows until the set list drastically changes. Or Tom comes back, but that's not happening. 

• Like 2

Had a great time at the show in Nottingham tonight. 

Blink played for about 70-75 minutes, which I thought was pretty short. They could easily have added 2-4 songs to flesh out the setlist a bit - no Carousel, Josie, M+Ms, older songs etc. I found Anthem part 2 and Dysentary Gary a strange choice for extra songs. Imo, throwing in some older songs for the more hardcore fans could do no harm.

In terms of songs which went over well, I was surprised at how much the crowd sang along with the new songs. I enjoyed the fact Matt was singing his music rather than a karaoke version of Blink (even though I think the new songs are pretty lame). I love Sober and that went well.

I was about 4 rows back from the front, great fun. Mark seemed to enjoy himself.

Violence is still the best live song they do, despite the crowd.

a quick edit the next morning: the new songs are really fun live and it was great to have fresh Blink material - I wouldn't have minded even more new stuff (San Diego??)

Edited by AwesomeAdam
  • Like 4

The setlist on setlist.fm seems accurate.

KOTW was unexpected. 

I found the complete lack of Neighbourhoods and DED interesting.

California 2 would have been cool, Last Train Home and Long Lost Feeling would be fresh. The new music is so much better live than on CD!

Cynical was great btw.

1 hour ago, AwesomeAdam said:

Had a great time at the show in Nottingham tonight. 

Blink played for about 70-75 minutes, which I thought was pretty short. They could easily have added 2-4 songs to flesh out the setlist a bit - no Carousel, Josie, M+Ms, older songs etc. I found Anthem part 2 and Dysentary Gary a strange choice for extra songs. Imo, throwing in some older songs for the more hardcore fans could do no harm.

In terms of songs which went over well, I was surprised at how much the crowd sang along with the new songs. I enjoyed the fact Matt was singing his music rather than a karaoke version of Blink (even though I think the new songs are pretty lame). I love Sober and that went well.

I was about 4 rows back from the front, great fun. Mark seemed to enjoy himself.

Violence is still the best live song they do, despite the crowd.

Totally agree about violence being their best live song. Imagine if it was one of their hits and the crowd went even more nuts.

A headlining set of 70 minutes with blinks size as a band is honestly pathetic. I dont see how anyone in the band thinks that's fine.

• Like 4

On 7/4/2017 at 7:34 PM, NotNow said:

Totally agree about violence being their best live song. Imagine if it was one of their hits and the crowd went even more nuts.

A headlining set of 70 minutes with blinks size as a band is honestly pathetic. I dont see how anyone in the band thinks that's fine.

I wish Violence got more love. So underrated.