AudioFranzzz

Blink 182 European Tour 2017

716 posts in this topic

yeah, his hair is definitely shorter.

If you look at Mark's recent Instagram "story" you can see that the faux-hawk is alive and well, sadly. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

If you look at Mark's recent Instagram "story" you can see that the faux-hawk is alive and well, sadly. 

He just comes across as so much older by trying to look young haha. I don't know why he thinks that's a better look than the normal look he had in the early Untitled days

blink-182.jpg

Maybe he likes it! Or Feldmann does!

2 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

My guess is that he rocks the faux hawk to hide his receding hairline. It makes you look less bald when you spike your hair up like that for whatever reason.

1 person likes this

Yeah of course he can do whatever he damn well chooses with his hair or his look haha. It's just funny seeing how things diverge over the years after I'm guessing a ton of us had some version of their "look" back in the day.

I went to see them tonight and it was great. Looked like they were having so much fun on stage. And despite his health issues, Mark sounded good too. How did I feel during the show? I think at times it was awesome to be there, the production was great and all the songs from Enema and Take Off sounded awesome live, really. Skiba did a fucking great job with Dumpweed and Dysentery Gary, they were the best two songs of the night. Oh and we got so lucky because travis wanted blink to play Man Overboard instead of KOT tonight ♡. The crowd was better than I expected and all the new songs were well received BUT what I really have to say is that there was definitely something missing on all the songs from Untitled. I don't know if it was Tom's absence but I had this weird feeling during those songs.. I don't know how to explain it. The same thing happened during the new ones. Sober was the one that sounded better, really, and people seemed to like all of them but they didn't sound quite right to me. 
Mark and Skiba didn't talk during the show but it was fine, Mark even made the exact same joke that he made in London 3 years ago and I was like REALLY?  But other than that I don't have anything else to report. Skiba looked happy, Travis was a beast and I even got myself a setlist at the end of the show for the first time ever.

I met our boy @Thibaut182, quality guy (it was so good to meet you! I hope to see you again soon bud, I'll tell you if I ever come back to London) and one last thing: I stood outside Travis' tourbus this morning - it was around 11 am - and I fucking met him without paying all that money! He was so nice to us. Couldn't really get any better than that. I even forgive them for not playing any other old song. But I think they should focus on the Enema / TOYPAJ songs live because they were tight, they sounded amazing! 

7 people like this

7 hours ago, Champ182 said:

He just comes across as so much older by trying to look young haha. I don't know why he thinks that's a better look than the normal look he had in the early Untitled days

blink-182.jpg

Used to dislike short hair Mark but I would definitely prefer that look to whatever it is nowadays.

Anybody remember that time Mark played as a Dad in a skit last year with a normal haircut and it looked so weird yet refreshing?

13 hours ago, Ghent said:

My guess is that he rocks the faux hawk to hide his receding hairline. It makes you look less bald when you spike your hair up like that for whatever reason.

Does it? Surely spiking your hair up lets others see your receding hairline. He should keep it flat. He needs to shave it like he did in the STFTK vid. 

1 person likes this

@Elisa what seemed wrong with the new songs? Did they just not sound right or sound soulless or something? Understood your point with Untitled songs being weird without Tom, but trying to figure out how the new stuff sounded weird as well. That's awesome you met Trav, was there a bunch of you just waiting by his bus and he walked right over? Glad you had a good time! 

Blink's last show overseas is tonight, then back to the USA...

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

Does it? Surely spiking your hair up lets others see your receding hairline. He should keep it flat. He needs to shave it like he did in the STFTK vid. 

No it's a trick that high hairline people play. I don't know why but you notice it more when hair is down. Speaking from experience haha (although you wont catch me in a faux hawk any time soon)

9 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

@Elisa what seemed wrong with the new songs? Did they just not sound right or sound soulless or something? Understood your point with Untitled songs being weird without Tom, but trying to figure out how the new stuff sounded weird as well. That's awesome you met Trav, was there a bunch of you just waiting by his bus and he walked right over? Glad you had a good time! 

Blink's last show overseas is tonight, then back to the USA...

It's not even because I was missing Tom's voice on the Untitled songs, but I guess it must have to do something with it, maybe because his fingerprints were all over those songs. At the same time though, as I said, I think that some of those Tom songs from Enema and Toypaj sounded better than ever.

The new stuff just didn't sound quite as full bodied as it should be. But maybe that was just me. 

I have a news, I just went back to the o2 arena today, before going back to the airport, to say goodbye to a friend who was at the show today and Mark and Skye walked past us. I just said hi and that I was at the show last night, he said I hope you liked it, looking forward to seeing you tonight again and both him and Skye shook my hand. I said yeah but it wasn't true because I was carrying my baggage ready to leave. He complimented on my Descendents t-shirt and was so nice. This vacation was a total experience.. getting to meet Travis and speaking to Mark!! From now on I only want to see blink in London haha (when we went to Trav's tourbus it was just the four of us. Such a creepy thing to do but we wanted to give it a try).

7 people like this

Did anyone else at the gig last night think the sound was pretty bad, it might of been where I was sitting but the sound was nowhere near as good as it was when I last saw them at the o2 in 2012. Still had fun though, I'm hungover as hell today though at work. 

@Elisa Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome time :D .  And you straight up lied to Mark's face lol haha!

Did you take any pictures with Travis? 

On 7/20/2017 at 1:10 PM, Elisa said:

It's not even because I was missing Tom's voice on the Untitled songs, but I guess it must have to do something with it, maybe because his fingerprints were all over those songs. At the same time though, as I said, I think that some of those Tom songs from Enema and Toypaj sounded better than ever.

The new stuff just didn't sound quite as full bodied as it should be. But maybe that was just me. 

I have a news, I just went back to the o2 arena today, before going back to the airport, to say goodbye to a friend who was at the show today and Mark and Skye walked past us. I just said hi and that I was at the show last night, he said I hope you liked it, looking forward to seeing you tonight again and both him and Skye shook my hand. I said yeah but it wasn't true because I was carrying my baggage ready to leave. He complimented on my Descendents t-shirt and was so nice. This vacation was a total experience.. getting to meet Travis and speaking to Mark!! From now on I only want to see blink in London haha (when we went to Trav's tourbus it was just the four of us. Such a creepy thing to do but we wanted to give it a try).

Well I'm jealous. Mark and Travis know you exist. You could hypothetically appear in their dreams now haha. And I agree with your assesment about new blink's shows. Something missing. Plus the crowd only knows BTD out of the new batch of songs. Super cool to post pics. Gives us all hope dreams can come true.

1 person likes this