Japandroids new album 2017 (new music released)

Knapppers

26 minutes ago, Clarkerpes said:

I found it really mediocre. First few tracks are good enough but then the album fizzles out. It's pretty short too. Some of the lyrics are pretty bad and just sound like he's rhyming two basic words. This album, given the amount of time they took, the short length of it, and the subpar lyrics just feels like a huge case of writer's block.

I think their just struggling with how to evolve from celebration rock. They said that on that album they got the sound they were going for as best as they could and on this album they wanted to try to do something different. Hopefully theyve learned lots and whatever they do next is even better. 

I don't know. I find lots of things that were present on Celebration Rock, but mixed with different things that I'm kinda digging. Overall, I'm enjoying the record, and I'm surprised by the use of an acoustic guitar as the base for a few songs. It's pretty much buried in the mix, but I love it. I'll see if this LP ends up having the same impact that the previous one had in me. That album knocked me out. The House That Heaven Built still gets me every time I hear it or I play it along on the guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the best ive heard them before. Love it. Coulda done without the crazy light show though. It must be so hard for a band like them to give good performances to a crowd that is just standing still. Brian looks so weird playing in a nice sweater lol. So used to him in like a sleeveless vneck.