Nasa

California Nominated for Best Rock Album

1401 posts in this topic

I know. And it was just posted in California discussion. I guess we're all excited lol

ill delete mine

Edit: Praise Feldmann! We are making blink great again!

I actually think blink has a chance this time around. Weezer should win, though. 

2 people like this

I'm happy for them, but this seems undeniably like trying to give them credit for past work because it was overlooked at the time.

3 people like this

Yeah, it seems like a pretty weak field. They could pull it out, but I dont see it happening. 

Happy for Mark, guy deserves it. 

9 people like this

very happy for mark. the guy had worked his ass off to make this band work, putting up with whatever bullshit tom threw at him for the past 8 years. still cant ignore the reality of how all of these awards are just run and won by money. its really not about who deserves it unfortunately. but being nominated is still absolutely worth something

with that being said, man would it feel good to see them get on that stage and accept the award

Wow, I didn't even look at the other nominees before. That is a shitty group.

1 person likes this

This is awesome. I'm sure even those who dislike the album are happy for the guys. It's been a long time coming...anyone know who won it the year Untitled was released? I have a hard time believing there was a better record that year lol

2 people like this

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

Wow, I didn't even look at the other nominees before. That is a shitty group.

Its like the MTV awards.

Lol if they win, Toms gonna be pisssed!

To me is just an "alright" thing. Knowing that Grammys are just bullshit, it's all more about curiosity than anything. I mean, it does not prove anything but that they have been doing well for the industry and working for and on the mainstream side of it.

It's nice to see them being relevant again. And this will be a total bummer for Tom. What an aopportunity he just missed.

Like @Patient #48273 said, past work might be enough for blink to get this. But I dont know how the committee thinks, so its a crap shoot I guess. 

Just now, theedge00 said:

Its like the MTV awards.

Lol if they win, Toms gonna be pisssed!

I'm far from a Tombot, but part of me actually feels badly for him because this is far from the band's greatest work, yet this is what gets them a Grammy nomination. But I also think he deserves it, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

5 people like this

It's an easy one. These are the other nominations:

Best rock album:

“California” — Blink-182

“Tell Me I'm Pretty” — Cage the Elephant

“Magma" — Gojira

"Death of a Bachelor” — Panic! at the Disco

“Weezer” — Weezer 

1 person likes this

I think they will win this. They did a lot of noise with the comeback record, the release of Bored To Death, and the California release itself, peaking at #1. It has all the ingredients.

2 people like this

Holy shit! I'm so pumped for this!

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I'm far from a Tombot, but part of me actually feels badly for him because this is far from the band's greatest work, yet this is what gets them a Grammy nomination. But I also think he deserves it, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

He'd probably make a Facebook post saying something like, Im honored that the group I started won a Grammy blablabla....

2 people like this