Nasa

California Nominated for Best Rock Album

1468 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Punk as fuck.

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Took lessons for six years when I was a kid, I hated it, so I never practiced and never bothered to learn to read music properly. After I quit lessons and I was no longer being forced to play the instrument, I realized that I actually kind of like the piano! I've still never put any real effort into learning to read sheet music (I can kind of read it, but painfully slowly), I mostly just play by ear, but sometimes I will take the time to learn a song with sheet music, it just takes forever because I suck at reading it.

Ah that makes sense then. I love it, but never took any lessons and totally wish that I did. Funny how that works. 

I can read the sheets just fine, but my problem is the stuff I want to play is way too hard. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Ghent's Brother said:

Ah that makes sense then. I love it, but never took any lessons and totally wish that I did. Funny how that works. 

I can read the sheets just fine, but my problem is the stuff I want to play is way too hard. 

I really just need to take some time maybe this summer to learn to read sheets better. I feel severely limited in my piano skills because of that handicap.

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Ghent's Brother said:

yo dude, "Three Blind Mice" isn't very hard.

6 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

yo dude, "Three Blind Mice" isn't very hard.

I was always more of a "Baa Baa Black Sheep" fan myself anyway   

28 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I really just need to take some time maybe this summer to learn to read sheets better. I feel severely limited in my piano skills because of that handicap.

Just gotta keep at it. It's more or less just straight-up memorization.

My handicap is that my hands are retarded and can't do different independent rhythms at the same time. 

13 minutes ago, Ghent's Brother said:

Just gotta keep at it. It's more or less just straight-up memorization.

My handicap is that my hands are retarded and can't do different independent rhythms at the same time. 

I can play fairly complicated stuff with my right hand, but not so much with my left. Honestly I hardly ever practice or play the piano because I'm away from home at school for most of the year, and I don't have a piano to play here. One of my favorite things about going home is having a piano to play whenever I feel like it. If I had easier access to a piano (and I want a real piano, I can't stand playing on the keep electronic keyboards with the super light-weight plastic keys. It just feels wrong) and put more time into it I know I could improve fairly quickly. I go through spurts every couple of years where I play the piano a lot and in those short time periods I always see improvement much faster than I expect to. But since I don't have access to a piano most of the year I often lose whatever added level of talent I gain from those spurts. In the future whenever I get to the point of owning my own house I'm definitely going to have to have a piano in it.

Once upon a time I could kinda sorta play the opening to Carousel. Also the repetitive opening to WMAA. People recognized it but I could only ever play the openings and then I sat there repeating it like an asshole. Oh and I figured out Seven Nation Army. But I haven't touched a guitar in years unless I'm moving my kid's guitar out of the way.