What do you want for the next blink album?

Cheerios4u98

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

If you told me Hoppus, Baker, and Skiba were teaming up to make music I would have instantly thought it could be some of my favorite stuff ever, potentially even better than +44 which I loved.. Now I'm wishing Matt would go 1,000,000 miles away from the band if he's just gonna be a sell out and write middle school lyrics and guitar parts. 

This. Thank you. 

On 12/9/2016 at 3:53 PM, theedge00 said:

Yeah. It was such bullshit when he said that California was his best writing or whatever.

On 12/9/2016 at 4:02 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

When Matt said the best song he's ever written was his part of Bored to Death? Yeah, I love that song but fuck that.

I thought he only said Bored to Death because it was more of an interview centered around Blink and didn't wanna obviously say anything from AK3 or other projects. It's the most popular song he's on, and Blink wise for him it's probably one of his best assuming most of the others were copies of the riff. 

For what I've heard so far from Skiba with Blink, I think Los Angeles is his best song, instrumental wise as it had most of his personality in it. No Future is also a good contender as there's so cool guitar parts throughout the song. 

On December 8, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Live Fast Die Fun said:

Most specifically on the next album I'd like to hear a whole lot more Tom DeLonge, and absolutely none of Matt Skiba , I'd like some catchy lead rifts, better lyricism ... and for them to stop making lazy music videos/music videos in highschools or with teenagers in it. I'd also like Feldmann to not be in the picture, at all...Thats what I want.

Cute name, very original. I bet the most dangerous thing you've done in your life is eat a whole bag of Doritos while beating your dick into oblivion 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Noel said:

- No more punk fag guitar tone like they’ve used in San Diego, for example.

- blink-182 is not Avril Lavigne. More A.D.D. on those guitar riffs, please.

- Roger Joseph Manning, Jr.

Can you imagine we live in a world where Mark hoppus is by far the best guitarist in blink? I believe someone earlier mentioned Mark should write the riffs.   Which is fine he's had some good ones over the years.   But I  don't think Matt could play them live.   It is jarring to me how limited of a guitar player skiba is 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blink182life-4life said:

Can you imagine we live in a world where Mark hoppus is by far the best guitarist in blink? I believe someone earlier mentioned Mark should write the riffs.   Which is fine he's had some good ones over the years.   But I  don't think Matt could play them live.   It is jarring to me how limited of a guitar player skiba is 

I was the one who said that about Mark. Matt isn't a riff guy obviously, and if happens to pull a riff it's gonna likely be octaves. He can get pretty good at octave riffs (Back to Hell by AK3), but other than that I  don't expect him to be a riff god. Although, you think after playing all them Blink songs out of his style he'd learn how to make a riff just by getting the feel of it.

14 minutes ago, Skeeboob said:

I was the one who said that about Mark. Matt isn't a riff guy obviously, and if happens to pull a riff it's gonna likely be octaves. He can get pretty good at octave riffs (Back to Hell by AK3), but other than that I  don't expect him to be a riff god. Although, you think after playing all them Blink songs out of his style he'd learn how to make a riff just by getting the feel of it.

Its more concerning to me that he can't play these blink riffs after 70+ shows and who knows how much rehearsal time,  plus studio time with Mark and Travis.   

I believe we are at a point where he just is what he is.   Not an insult he's just not as good as I thought he would be in the band.   

Sorry I should have quoted you I was honestly just too lazy to go back and look for who said it 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Blink182life-4life said:

Its more concerning to me that he can't play these blink riffs after 70+ shows and who knows how much rehearsal time,  plus studio time with Mark and Travis.   

I believe we are at a point where he just is what he is.   Not an insult he's just not as good as I thought he would be in the band.   

Sorry I should have quoted you I was honestly just too lazy to go back and look for who said it 

Man I'm still Pro-Skiba but when the first three shows happened and when everything leading up to California, it was a much better time. I just hope some of these songs coming up are somewhat good and such. I just hope they actually take the next record seriously this time, either tell Feldmann to back off or let him go. I don't even care if there aren't any riffs on the next album. Just write an album yourselves, don't appeal to the masses, and USE your new frontman (they might as well have hired Feldmann as the replacement since he has made more contributions to the album than Matt, which is sad)

At first I understood why Matt would screw up on WMAA and Carousel, but I can't understand why he would play I Won't Be Home for Christmas a bit wrong, it's a simple riff and I know there's some guitar work he'd (I'd hope so) layered on California that's in that style. Last year Skiba when he played the first shows (absolutely scared) he still did a much better live performance on the guitar. 

I'm finally being grouchy like everyone else, but when you get a great musician in the band, barely use him and make a safe-ass record with no substance, and then he starts having problems on stage he shouldn't have, you get worried about the state of the band. Matt's a great live performer and absolutely helped the live state of the band, but these things shouldn't be happening when he's a professional.

I don't want Tom back, I love the chemistry with Matt, and I'm more used to Matt in Blink than Tom now. I'd never thought I'd have to say this with Matt in the band, I hope they get their shit together.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skeeboob said:

Man I'm still Pro-Skiba but when the first three shows happened and when everything leading up to California, it was a much better time. I just hope some of these songs coming up are somewhat good and such. I just hope they actually take the next record seriously this time, either tell Feldmann to back off or let him go. I don't even care if there aren't any riffs on the next album. Just write an album yourselves, don't appeal to the masses, and USE your new frontman (they might as well have hired Feldmann as the replacement since he has made more contributions to the album than Matt, which is sad)

At first I understood why Matt would screw up on WMAA and Carousel, but I can't understand why he would play I Won't Be Home for Christmas a bit wrong, it's a simple riff and I know there's some guitar work he'd (I'd hope so) layered on California that's in that style. Last year Skiba when he played the first shows (absolutely scared) he still did a much better live performance on the guitar. 

I'm finally being grouchy like everyone else, but when you get a great musician in the band, barely use him and make a safe-ass record with no substance, and then he starts having problems on stage he shouldn't have, you get worried about the state of the band. Matt's a great live performer and absolutely helped the live state of the band, but these things shouldn't be happening when he's a professional.

I don't want Tom back, I love the chemistry with Matt, and I'm more used to Matt in Blink than Tom now. I'd never thought I'd have to say this with Matt in the band, I hope they get their shit together.

At the same time let mark have his own tracks too.   Some of the best blink songs are hoppus tracks.   We don't need split vocals on every track

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blink182life-4life said:

At the same time let mark have his own tracks too.   Some of the best blink songs are hoppus tracks.   We don't need split vocals on every track

Man I miss +44 Mark so bad, I know people would've hate it if a song would sound more +44 than Blink-182 but I would love that style again. As I said before, +44 Mark and Heavens Matt would be too god to be true. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Skeeboob said:

Man I miss +44 Mark so bad, I know people would've hate it if a song would sound more +44 than Blink-182 but I would love that style again. As I said before, +44 Mark and Heavens Matt would be too god to be true. 

Chapter 13 is a God damn masterpiece.  That whole album really I can still listen to it this day start to finish 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Well normally when new bandmates come on board they try to implement their style and talents on the band, not be cheerleaders, which is essentially what Skiba is.  

You have three band members, you can't afford to have your drummer be your most assertive figure.

I mean remember when Dave Navarro joined Red Hot Chili peppers? He was divisive as ever but everyone in hindsight respects that he at least was being himself and giving it his all.  They didn't bring him on to be a poor man's John frusciante, and he wasn't.  Right now Skiba is just a poor man's Mark Hoppus & John Feldman, if Mark or John were playing guitar.

Sure it's nitpicking to say he's completely dishonest in saying his verse on Bored to Death was the best thing he's ever written. At least AT LEAST pick a song on California that isn't the lead single to have some respect for yourself or else this all looks like one giant whore out marketing fest with zero care for the music anymore.

If you told me Hoppus, Baker, and Skiba were teaming up to make music I would have instantly thought it could be some of my favorite stuff ever, potentially even better than +44 which I loved.. Now I'm wishing Matt would go 1,000,000 miles away from the band if he's just gonna be a sell out and write middle school lyrics and guitar parts. 

Well, we have to wait to see what happens on the nex album (I'm not counting the songs they are polishing for the deluxe edition of California). Yep, I still have faith. I think that will be the real test. I mean, I can agree on the Skiba being a sellout after hearing his input in california and watching what his role has been so far (the more I think about it, the more I agree); but also I think the way they handed California was to set a comfortable ground from which they can 'rebuild' the band (although this had several negative things, like Feldmann himself, which we've been discusing since July, pretty much). And, to be honest, sounds prettty legit to me. The intention was ok, but the outcoming not that good. I mean, they said the earlier songs they wrote sounded unbalanced (some ones sounding like +44, others like AK3), so I don't want to imagine what people would have been saying if they would have released an album like that. You know...

But also, if we go on the sellout wagon -which, in fact, happened years ago-, I'd blame the three of all. I mean, as long as I don't like that word, if Skiba has been a sellout for what he's doing so far, Hoppus and Barker are not too far from that either, as long as California is hardly anchored in that thing called 'modern punk pop', with all the embedded paraphernalia and production wise related stuff; which right now seems like the easy way to go if you want to have some success and appeal to the trend.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blink182life-4life said:

Here's Your Letter one of the more underrated tracks of all time in the history of the universe. Fucking love that track, full volume.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Clarke is a Bad Ass said:

Cute name, very original. I bet the most dangerous thing you've done in your life is eat a whole bag of Doritos while beating your dick into oblivion 

It's actually something Travis Barker has always said.... But you'd know that already because you're on a blink-182 fan site.

Also, speaking of dangerous... Be careful with that eye liner bro.... Shit can sting in the eyes a little bit, it's pretty dangerous to put on sometimes..... Only the biggest tools can do it properly.

And furthermore... I love eating Doritos and beating off, don't knock it till you've tried it. Sometimes I switch it up to Smartfood or fried chicken ... Depends how the day is going.

• Like 1