Favorite album of 2016

bennett

Stage Four by Touche Amore probably. 

Be Nothing by Boston Manor was great as well. I would probably rank it as high as Stage Four.

Some albums I enjoyed as well but are way too generic to be considered best albums of the year: 

Amity affliction - This could be heartbreak

A day to remember - bad vibrations

Architects - All Our Gods have Abandoned Us

Blink 182 - California

Beartooth - Aggressive

I wasn't expecting this at all but I think my favorite album of the year is Tidal Wave by Taking Back Sunday. Totally caught me off guard with how much I liked it because I didn't really have any expectations.

If I were to make a top 5 it would probably look like this:

1. Taking Back Sunday - Tidal Wave
2. Yellowcard - Yellowcard
3. Weezer - The White Album
4. Southtowne Lanes - Give Up The Ghost
5. blink-182 - California

Honorable mentions:
Like Torches - Shelter
Jimmy Eat World - Integrity Blues

Gonna check out these other albums you guys are posting. I'm in need of new stuff to listen to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elisa said:

I think that the only album that I have enjoyed overall is Brian Fallon's. Another good one is Hypercaffium Spazzinate. And Peach by Culture Abuse was a great discovery.

literally discovered culture abuse about an hour ago from a 2016 playlist. very much digging peach 

• Like 1

1. Blink-182 - California

2. Yellowcard - Yellowcard

3. Sum41 - 13 Voices

4. Boston Manor - Be Nothing

5. Trophy Eyes - Chemical Miracle

2015 was more of a new wave indierock year for me..with records from New Order, The Wombats and Bloc Party.

but 2016 happened to be a poppunk year for me (or at least bands with poppunk roots). really fun

literally every album ive heard this year has been disappointing.

so my favourite is The Decoy - Avalon. because I actually enjoyed like 90% of it, unlike literally every other album.

Christ I'm sick of hating new music. 

Brian Fallon - Painkillers. Album offered a variety of tunes that covered everything from folk to Americana to country (which I usually don't care for so that says a lot). Open All Night is such a great song and Honey Magnola hits you right in the feels. Rosemary is also really great, cool to see a song written by a dude from a woman's perspective.