Kay

The "Donald Trump" Thread

3443 posts in this topic

I know this Politics section has been mostly ignored, but as the election is actually over, I thought it may be handy to have a thread dedicated to just discussing the hilarious and terrifying stuff going on with the president elect.

So you know, if anyone wants to talk about the Russian-hacks-press conference-golden showers stuff, then heres the place to do it. 

I am reading a book on him right now called "Trump Revealed"......guy is insane. I think we are in for a crazy 4 years. He is going to say and do so much insane shit that he will be headlines every damn day.

1 person likes this

I just can't believe this is where we are in my country. That press conference was just bonkers.

I don't think it'll be a big deal at all. I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

1 person likes this

I'm still really curious about how he's going to magically force mexico to pay for this mythical wall he wants to build. 

He isn't. There won't be a wall. I'm doubtful there will even be a change to immigration policy.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

He isn't. There won't be a wall. I'm doubtful there will even be a change to immigration policy.

It's weird, with all the craziness and silly quotes and stuff he could potentially be terrifying but in the same breath all of this stuff about them not moving into the white house properly, and the handover of his business stuff being so vague and questionable - I wonder if its like the Donald Trump equivalent of setting himself up for retirement? do a 4 year stint as President, say a lot of rubbish to stir up trouble, kick back and do sod all and then retire on the back of your major businesses and the global recognition of being a world leader, so he can crap out a biography every now and again if he's strapped for cash?

1 person likes this

Dunno, I still just think he's a narcissistic, ignorant as*hole who could not resist the chance to gain even more power, and that's the only reason why he wanted to become president.

25 minutes ago, Kay said:

I'm still really curious about how he's going to magically force mexico to pay for this mythical wall he wants to build. 

No we will pay for it and Mexico will pay for it "later". That won't happen or they'll work out a "deal" to yeah, we'll give them something for the wall and that will be a success and please dum-dums who want this thing built. Ignoring the fact that most non-documented or illegal immigrants come over by plane and outstay their visas.

34 minutes ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

I don't think it'll be a big deal at all. I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

You seem to be a more of a "this doesn't directly affect me, so I don't care" kind of guy. No offense.

3 people like this

46 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

You seem to be a more of a "this doesn't directly affect me, so I don't care" kind of guy. No offense.

None taken, you fucking asshole! :)

You're right, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about shit that doesn't directly affect me. 

I'm not the altruistic person I used to be.

However, this isn't that ... I'm old enough to remember the doomsday that was predicted with Clinton, W. and Obama. None of which came to fruition. None of which happened, all of which seemed silly looking back. I'm not gonna waste my time worry about Trump destroying the US or destroying human rights or the economy or whatever ... he won't. It will all be fine and in 4 years we can start the next doomsday predictions for the next president elect. Just because Trump's persona allows and encourages anxiety doesn't mean it's any more warranted than any of the other nonsense people predicted about previous president elects.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

.However, this isn't that ... I'm old enough to remember the doomsday that was predicted with Clinton, W. and Obama. None of which came to fruition. None of which happened, all of which seemed silly looking back. I'm not gonna waste my time worry about Trump destroying the US or destroying human rights or the economy or whatever ... he won't. It will all be fine and in 4 years we can start the next doomsday predictions for the next president elect. Just because Trump's persona allows and encourages anxiety doesn't mean it's any more warranted than any of the other nonsense people predicted about previous president elects.

Well I don't think we've had a president like Donald Trump...ever. I'm not ruling out he may just be a shitty president for four years and that done, but with Trump it's hard to know where this will end. Our country's stance in the world is gonna be different. Presidents do have some bearing and influence in our culture, society, and the way our systems work. Maybe not immediately and more abstractly as you're getting at. But this shit does matter. More than maybe you're suggesting here, and yes he's probably not going to destroy the world. But living through the Bush and Clinton years was pretty starkly different and Obama seems to be the middle that can be the . Some of that is my own coming of age, but also the country was on a upswing when Clinton left, and was on a downswing as Bush was leaving. I believe that had a lot to do with who was elected, from the president and the policies set in place, and beyond. I often think people pretend it doesn't matter because it absolves them from doing actual work and paying attention. It's easier to just decide it doesn't matter. It is a lazy disposition to me. In fact, it got Trump elected despite being so reviled.

Like universal healthcare, I believe, should be a thing, and we're getting farther away from that with Trump. Given that you and I both lived through the Great Recession (I suppose that's what it's being called), that is something that does matter. It hurt both of our chances of good paying jobs, being able to afford a family, etc. Right now I can only afford healthcare through the ACA. If it were gone, I'd basically just hoping nothing bad happens to me. I work full time and pay my taxes. I should be able to fucking have healthcare. The system is fucked and it's something we should care about. Also the lack of care of the environment is embarrassing. Also I don't won't religious nuts telling me what I can and cannot do because it somehow upsets them. And so on.

That is all to say, this at least matters to me, and yeah, the US president elect being blackmailed by Russians does in fact concern me. It really fucking scares me because I care about the world and I don't like seeing it go to shit. At least not in my own neighborhood.

2 people like this

I'll respond in a bit, Kyle ... that was sort of long and it's busy at work, I haven't had the chance to read it all yet.

Word. I'm mostly just explaining myself with this, trying not to get into a dissertation about why I think politics matter.

This is real, funny, and sad all at the same time.

am i the only one that feels as though he could be impeached? all of the stuff in that report that buzzfeed published, if true, is totally grounds for impeachment.

then again, i was behind this truck the other day. don't imagine his supporters will take it very well if something like that were to happen.

YDvGmbq.jpg

If this is true, and the Russian contacts are indeed accurate, then yes, he can and should be impeached. He's no longer loyal then to our country and should be treated as such. The fact some of the Republicans are the ones doing a lot of this to expose him is a good sign that he can be taken down. Now what happens if that happens, you got me.

I'd imagine there are those who would never sway away from him and think of any and every excuse for him. He's commonly been referred to a demigod and the cult of personality is strong with him. Also, some people just do not trust anything, despite him being so obviously corrupt, incompetent, and phony, they can somehow just blindly follow him much like the Cleveland Browns has fans. Then there are those that ironically love him because he's so glaringly awful. I say they just want to be so absurd and getting their jollies. That's fine, I get the joke but it also feeds into those who honestly are inept in seeing him for what he is and can't move past the reality of the situation.

If Trump gets impeached, then Pence becomes president, right? Yikes. :( 

1 person likes this

If Pence knew about the Russian thing, he might get the boot too. Yikes indeed, but at least he's um....professional?

am i the only one that feels as though he could be impeached? all of the stuff in that report that buzzfeed published, if true, is totally grounds for impeachment.
then again, i was behind this truck the other day. don't imagine his supporters will take it very well if something like that were to happen.
YDvGmbq.jpg
Here's the vehicle I was stuck behind the other day.
0ca08e56050155a929e4b6f4536e6e64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk