Guitar suggestions?

MyFriendLuke182

Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying a new guitar. I kinda want a guitar that is more suited for playing punk rock, hardcore, pop punk. 

I was thinking about buying a fender jazzmaster or a jaguar with humbuckers. But I am not really experienced when it comes to guitar tones, so i don't really know if it is the right decision. Do you guys have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it.

I'd go for a Les Paul without a doubt. And, about the tone and the pickups just worry not that much. Well, of course you have to know what ones you want to be on your guitar and what sound do they make, but don't forget that a lot of the tone thing is something that has to do with the amp/cabinet you get, pedals and stuff.

If you can, go to a store, play some Fenders and Gibsons, and ask the guys all the things you want to know. I'm not sure if Jaguars and Jazzmasters are the ones to go when talking about punkock (sure Skiba uses the Jaguar, and Cobain used it too), but you have t pay attention on the whole rig. Have a look on their setups and ask about their configurations on a store.

• Like 1

Yeah going to a shop is your best bet really, Ghost is right about Les Pauls but they can be quite heavy, so depending on your size / strength / style of play it may not be ideal for you. Also there are more guitars than just fenders or gibsons, so try anything that takes your fancy, and like ghost said it isn't just the guitar, the whole rig makes up the whole package. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...